Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I should have never downloaded Windows 10!! I am such a computer illiterate or worse! I had a Heck of a time last night just trying to find how to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adriane, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Adriane Win User

Snipping Tool

I should have never downloaded Windows 10!! I am such a computer illiterate or worse! I had a Heck of a time last night just trying to find how to shut down! I use the Snipping Tool quite often but cannot find it. Also is the small window in the bottom left hand corner of my computer the start menu?? Would appreciate any help with these two questions. Maybe you could answer me as you would a 6 year old child!

:)

Adriane, Aug 9, 2015

2. Snipping Tool

Hi Bob,

There are several possibilities as to why the Snipping Tool screen overlay is not working as intended. This can include a recent update, system files that got corrupted or app settings that need to be changed. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to use the Snipping Tool?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 9, 2015
  3. John582n Win User
    Snipping Tool

I think you would need to do two snips then join the resulting images together using a 3rd party app such as Paint.net

John582n, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Snipping Tool

Welcome to the forums Adriane. Yes that is the button for the start menu. Click it, then type snipping tool to find it.

Snipping Tool [​IMG]

Dude, Aug 9, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forum. I know it can be a little intimidating but after you play with it awhile you'll become an expert in no time. As one suggestion before I start, you may want to check out the Tutorial section of this forum. There is a lot of good information there that can help you too.

Snipping Tool is one of my favorites. To find it, go to the Windows icon in the lower left corner, when you click it you see All Apps at the bottom left of the Start menu. If you click it, then scroll down to the S category and you'll see the tool. If you right click on the tool you will be able to save it to your Start Menu or Taskbar.

Good Luck!

gzt7d8, Aug 9, 2015
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I use snipping a lot in 8.1 but am I missing something or did they remove the option of desginating a default 'save to' folder ?

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2015
  7. You can also open the Start Menu by pressing the windows logo key (aka win-key) at the bottom left of the keyboard (just right of the Ctrl key). You probably already found the power button in the Start Menu, but you'll also get power options by clicking the right mouse button (aka "right click") on the onscreen Start button.

mrgeek, the Snipping Tool is still in Win 10, you can do a search for it or find it in All apps.

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  8. mrgeek Win User

Snipping Tool

I know whow to open and use it. My issue is that one of the options in 8.1 was to have a default folder to save snips to, like Downloads. That seems to be removed in 10.

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2015
  9. BRKING Win User
    Not on my computer. You have to look in the windows accessories folder on start menu.

BRKING, Aug 9, 2015
  10. BRKING Win User
    starr menu > windows accessories > right click and pin to start and/or task bar.

BRKING, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Adriane Win User
    Thank you all for the help. It is now sitting down on my task bar. Where and how can I save it so I won't have problems finding it again?

Adriane, Aug 9, 2015
  12. It defaults to the last place a snipping is saved to.

13. Snipping Tool

If its pinned to your taskbar, it will not go anywhere.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Charlie Win User
    A. A right click on icon that is sitting on your taskbar and should have a choice to pin to taskbar*Smile

Charlie, Aug 9, 2015
  15. As well as pinning it to the taskbar, you can pin it to Start and from there drag it onto the Desktop.

Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?: Hi,I am wondering if it is possible to disable the ability to screen record within Snipping Tool? We do not want to fully disable/remove Snipping Tool from our devices, just prevent it from screen recording as we use it for screenshots still. Any advice on this would be...
  3. Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you disable screen recording in Snipping Tool?: Hi,I am wondering if it is possible to disable the ability to screen record within Snipping Tool? We do not want to fully disable/remove Snipping Tool from our devices, just prevent it from screen recording as we use it for screenshots still. Any advice on this would be...
  4. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  5. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  6. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

7. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...
  8. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar: Issue 1: When I try to search up snipping tool in the search bar, it doesn't show the app but only shows the search on Edge, and when I try to use Win+shift+s, it doesn't do anything but display a yellow border around the screen. Same goes for other apps I have I've got...
  9. Why is snip tool not showing when i search it up onto the built- in taskbar search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool

How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool: How To Set .JPG as a default when saving screenshot taken via snipping tool, I want JPG instead of .PNG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-jpg-as-a-default-when-saving-screenshot/5ed679e1-6459-4e2e-bf38-c5dcc0d24d6e