Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I should have never downloaded Windows 10!! I am such a computer illiterate or worse! I had a Heck of a time last night just trying to find how to shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adriane, Aug 9, 2015.

1. Adriane Win User

Snipping Tool

I should have never downloaded Windows 10!! I am such a computer illiterate or worse! I had a Heck of a time last night just trying to find how to shut down! I use the Snipping Tool quite often but cannot find it. Also is the small window in the bottom left hand corner of my computer the start menu?? Would appreciate any help with these two questions. Maybe you could answer me as you would a 6 year old child!

:)

Adriane, Aug 9, 2015

2. Snipping Tool

Hi Bob,

There are several possibilities as to why the Snipping Tool screen overlay is not working as intended. This can include a recent update, system files that got corrupted or app settings that need to be changed. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to use the Snipping Tool?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Aug 9, 2015
  3. John582n Win User
    Snipping Tool

I think you would need to do two snips then join the resulting images together using a 3rd party app such as Paint.net

John582n, Aug 9, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Snipping Tool

Welcome to the forums Adriane. Yes that is the button for the start menu. Click it, then type snipping tool to find it.

Snipping Tool [​IMG]

Dude, Aug 9, 2015
  5. gzt7d8 Win User
    Welcome to Windows Ten Forum. I know it can be a little intimidating but after you play with it awhile you'll become an expert in no time. As one suggestion before I start, you may want to check out the Tutorial section of this forum. There is a lot of good information there that can help you too.

Snipping Tool is one of my favorites. To find it, go to the Windows icon in the lower left corner, when you click it you see All Apps at the bottom left of the Start menu. If you click it, then scroll down to the S category and you'll see the tool. If you right click on the tool you will be able to save it to your Start Menu or Taskbar.

Good Luck!

gzt7d8, Aug 9, 2015
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I use snipping a lot in 8.1 but am I missing something or did they remove the option of desginating a default 'save to' folder ?

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2015
  7. You can also open the Start Menu by pressing the windows logo key (aka win-key) at the bottom left of the keyboard (just right of the Ctrl key). You probably already found the power button in the Start Menu, but you'll also get power options by clicking the right mouse button (aka "right click") on the onscreen Start button.

mrgeek, the Snipping Tool is still in Win 10, you can do a search for it or find it in All apps.

fracking4oil, Aug 9, 2015
  8. mrgeek Win User

Snipping Tool

I know whow to open and use it. My issue is that one of the options in 8.1 was to have a default folder to save snips to, like Downloads. That seems to be removed in 10.

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2015
  9. BRKING Win User
    Not on my computer. You have to look in the windows accessories folder on start menu.

BRKING, Aug 9, 2015
  10. BRKING Win User
    starr menu > windows accessories > right click and pin to start and/or task bar.

BRKING, Aug 9, 2015
  11. Adriane Win User
    Thank you all for the help. It is now sitting down on my task bar. Where and how can I save it so I won't have problems finding it again?

Adriane, Aug 9, 2015
  12. It defaults to the last place a snipping is saved to.

13. Snipping Tool

If its pinned to your taskbar, it will not go anywhere.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Aug 9, 2015
  14. Charlie Win User
    A. A right click on icon that is sitting on your taskbar and should have a choice to pin to taskbar*Smile

Charlie, Aug 9, 2015
  15. As well as pinning it to the taskbar, you can pin it to Start and from there drag it onto the Desktop.

Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Paint and Snipping Tool are now on the Microsoft Store: Microsoft announced plans some time ago to move some of Windows 10's applications to the Microsoft Store. It moved the popular plain text editing app Notepad to the Microsoft Store in 2019, and announced in 2017 that Microsoft Paint would be moved to the Store as well. It...
  3. Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...: Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am using outlook 365 desktop app. It is selected as the default email program. This happened once previously and I resolved by setting the default app to...
  4. How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?: Hi all, Is there a way to activate the Snipping tool in the right-click menu? I found it will be very convenient if can be done. Thanks....
  5. Cannot print jpg files to virtual printer driver from Snip & Sketch tool.

Cannot print jpg files to virtual printer driver from Snip & Sketch tool.: We have upgraded our Windows 10 PC from 19042.685 version to 20H2 19042.746 version. After this upgrade, we have opened a jpg file with Snip & Sketch tool, and printed to our virtual printer driver. Snip & Sketch tool is not showing the error message "Failed to print", and...
  6. Snipping tool. It paste twice in Fire Fox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snipping tool. It paste twice in Fire Fox: When I capture an image with my Windows 10 Snipping Tool Version 1901OS BUILD 18363.1379 and paste it into an email Gmail the image is always pasted into the email twice. This problem just started a few days ago, it worked fine for many years. It does snot make this error...
  7. Snipping tool corrupted file CBS.log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool corrupted file CBS.log: Hello, im 17 years old and I have the latest version of the update of windows 10. When i performed sfc /scannow, it says that some files cant be fixed and when i performed dism restorehealth, it says source not found. Ive been looking for a solution for this and cant find...
  8. Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana menu triggers when trying to use snipping tool shortcut.: So, like the title says. I have Cortana turned off, and it's set to not listen anything, but half the time when I try to use the snipping tool shortcut (Win + Shift + S), Cortana decides to answer the call due to the (Win + S) shortcut. Now, I'm aware that there is an...
  9. Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool: On my new Dell Inspiron laptop, in Windows 10, I've assigned the Snipping Tool to the Print Screen key. Very convenient, but now I am not asked to save the image before exiting. How do I restore that option? 175270
  10. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    snipping tool: I mistakenly uninstalled the snipping tool from my windows 10 laptop and it dose not appear in the Microsoft store to reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/08d27052-6bc3-42c6-b499-0ba594b54a6f