Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It defaults to the last place a snipping is saved to. Thanks, that works. Will test after a restart or shut down. I could easily be wrong, and maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adriane, Aug 9, 2015.

1. mrgeek Win User

Snipping Tool

Thanks, that works. Will test after a restart or shut down. I could easily be wrong, and maybe someone still on 8.1 can verify, but I seem to remember under Options, another tab that let me pick a default Save To folder. Thanks for the Help.

update- the last 'save to' setting is lost at restart. default last location only good for session *cry

mrgeek, Aug 9, 2015

2. I know where my snipping tool is and how to use it. However, when I click on the tool to use it the screen goes gray. It is not working! Any suggestions on how to fix it?

cbeckerich, Aug 18, 2015
  3. daisy6 Win User
    Hi, I had the same problem. I've found the source of my problem. It was the IBM Security Trusteer Rapport software. It has an option to block screen capture. This must have been switched on when I upgraded to Windows 10. I have switched this off and the Snipping Tool now works with Firefox. I had always workded with other applications.

daisy6, Aug 23, 2015
  4. vicvoss Win User

Snipping Tool

I found snipping tool but can't use it as I did (a lot) on windows 7. Keep getting just a black rectangle instead of the expected section of the screen. What am I doing wrong and why won't it work as it did before downloading Windows 10?

vicvoss, Sep 9, 2015
  5. daisy6 Win User
    Are you using the Trusteer Rappport software for protection? My Snipping tool worked OK on Windows 7 with this software, but not after I installed windows 10. Snipping tool stopped working on Firefox. I had same problem as you. The setting in Rapport had been changed. See earlier post.

Hope this helps.

daisy6, Sep 9, 2015
  6. vicvoss Win User
    Sorry, daisy6, I realized just too late that I'd missed your contribution (I've been rightly told off). I've sent a comment to Trusteer.

vicvoss, Sep 9, 2015
  7. anisal Win User
    Hello There, I don't have the Snippet Tool showing up under "S". Now what? :-(

anisal, Jun 9, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Snipping Tool

Click the start icon. Start typing snip

NavyLCDR, Jun 9, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    It is not under S.
    It is under W > open Windows Accessories > Snipping Tool is on the list.

davidhk, Jun 9, 2016
  10. puntz Win User
    This is in All Apps > Windows accessories

Snipping Tool [​IMG]

puntz, Jun 23, 2016
  11. santoshking504, May 8, 2017
  12. swarfega Win User
    I also have this problem. It's not showing but it is on my insider machine. So on this one I have pinned it to my taskbar as I use it a lot.

swarfega, May 8, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

Snipping Tool

To get rid of screen going Gray color when you start sniping:

Snipping Tool [​IMG]

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  3. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: When I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what I'm...
  4. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  5. Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?

Why are screenshots from my snipping tool getting corrupted?: Whenever I use my snipping tool Windows Key + Shift + S, it occasionally corrupts the screenshot. Opening the picture with other apps doesn't seem to work for me. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the Microsoft Store, but still no luck. Not really sure what...
  6. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  7. Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark

Snipping Tool-Background of the copied object turns dark: I use Windows 11. Recently when I use Snipping Tool to copy, the background of the copied image or text will turn dark. This results in the copied objects with dark background pasted on Words or Excel. I tried to change Settings. It won't work. Please help....
  8. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  9. Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error

Snipping Tool Autosave on receive Couldn't Save Screenshot error: When I go into the snipping tool settings and turn on Automatically save screenshots, when I create a screenshot I receive the below error: Since last MS update is this feature now broken? Running Windows 11 version 23H2 Os Build 22631.3447...
  10. the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the ruler in Snipping tool disappeared recently. It was a very helpful tool: How can i get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-ruler-in-snipping-tool-disappeared-recently-it/5c1b5cec-c51f-4d64-9987-4b6dad96d53d