Windows 10: SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .

Discus and support SNMP option in windows 10 is not available . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear SupportWhy SNMP services are not available in Windows 10 build 1803 or above. I need a brief detail for my knowledgeThanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by M Afnan, Dec 4, 2022.

1. M Afnan Win User

SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .

Dear SupportWhy SNMP services are not available in Windows 10 build 1803 or above. I need a brief detail for my knowledgeThanks

:)

M Afnan, Dec 4, 2022

2. Is the "SNMP Service" unavailable in Windows 10?

Adding the SMTP service to a Windows OS seems quite straightforward in almost all cases: open the Windows Features interface, then check the "Simple Network Management Protocol" option. After rebooting, a new local service should be available called "SNMP Service".

I've followed those steps in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, but I find that there is no "SNMP Service" to be found. There is an "SNMP Trap" service, but that's apparently not what I'm looking for. It seems the SNMP agent settings (eg. community name) can only be modified within the properties of "SNMP Service".

In my searching, I found a Powershell command purported to install the SNMP service:

However, the result is an error message (even when run as Administrator):

The words "client-based operating system" suggests the SNMP service is only available for Windows Server OSes, but that wasn't true for Windows 7/8. So I'm curious whether this has changed with Windows 10.

jsstaedtler, Dec 4, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 4, 2022
  4. Larrikin Win User

Windows 10 SNMP Update Interval

Not sure if this is the right forum topic to post this here, but as I'm new, I'll give it a shot.

Hi All – I wish to monitor my network interface on my windows 10 Professional (fully up to date) computer form a different computer (I use Peakhour on MacOS). Peakhour supports SNMP and does a great job in showing me network activity across all my SNMP supported devices.

I have noticed though that Windows 10 only updates the network stats every 10 seconds via SNMP regardless of how often you poll it.

I get SNMP has been deprecated on Windows 10 but it is still available to install which I've done.

I don't want to look at different monitoring options as Peakhour already does a great job of all my other devices and servers. This is the only Windows 10 box on my network and I'd love to see network perform via SNMP.

Does anyone know if you can decrease the 10 seconds to 1 second so I can get real time stats from the network reporting? I've searched for four hours on google, and I can't find anything that says I can do this.

I've searched for a different SNMP server rather than the native one that Windows 10 offers, but again no joy. I get that the world has moved on from SNMP and that might be my issue. But on the off chance someone knows how to change the 10 seconds to 1 seconds for polling and get the latest update, I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Larrikin, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

1. SNMP option in windows 10 is not available . - Similar Threads - SNMP option available

2. Sleep option not available in windows 10!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option not available in windows 10!!: On my new windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  3. Sleep option not available in windows 10!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option not available in windows 10!!: On my new windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  4. SNMP not running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNMP not running: Hi All, does anyone know how to solve this kind of error:- Server status Not Start, Restart, Pause and Resume- Failed to Read a Registry key. this may be due to lack of resources. try closing other windows applications to fix the problemthank you...
  5. SNMP not running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SNMP not running: Hi All, does anyone know how to solve this kind of error:- Server status Not Start, Restart, Pause and Resume- Failed to Read a Registry key. this may be due to lack of resources. try closing other windows applications to fix the problemthank you...
  6. SNMP not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .: Dear SupportWhy SNMP services are not available in Windows 10 build 1803 or above. I need a brief detail for my knowledgeThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snmp-option-in-windows-10-is-not-available/5dc7c8ac-c613-4db5-a7be-3052436e534c
  8. SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNMP option in windows 10 is not available .: Dear SupportWhy SNMP services are not available in Windows 10 build 1803 or above. I need a brief detail for my knowledgeThanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snmp-option-in-windows-10-is-not-available/5dc7c8ac-c613-4db5-a7be-3052436e534c
  9. Windows 10 SNMP Update Interval

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 SNMP Update Interval: Not sure if this is the right forum topic to post this here, but as I'm new, I'll give it a shot. Hi All I wish to monitor my network interface on my windows 10 Professional (fully up to date) computer form a different computer (I use Peakhour on MacOS). Peakhour supports...
  10. SNMP Configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNMP Configuration: Hello guys, I am going to configurate SNMP on some servers and clients with following considerations: 1. Servers must be monitored using our Monitoring system 2. Servers and some clients are supposed to send Traps to SIEM For completing Task1, we installed SNMP option...