Windows 10: So 20H2 appears to have broken the time?

Discus and support So 20H2 appears to have broken the time? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Upon boot, the date/time are not displayed on the taskbar UNTIL it's moves to a different position and back again. Once back, the time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ItsMeteorain, Apr 8, 2021.

1. So 20H2 appears to have broken the time?

/u/ItsMeteorain, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Nick_2 Win User

Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Marilou Ser,

Well..

• When did the issue start?
    Well, I had it for a long time, then I was done and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro with Microsoft Update Tool. It worked fine for a short period of time. I think it appeared in 25th of July, maybe on 24th.

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    Not really. When I had it earlier, I searched in YouTube for a solution. There was a way how to solve it. Like I remember, I needed to delete "Icon cache", which was located in "%appdata%/Local", so I deleted, restarted my computer, but it didn't fix anything.

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    I think that in my case Troubleshooting won't help. Yes, I have don't some little research there and didn't find my category.

• Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?
    When I am pressing Windows button and start typing "Settings" it shows "Settings", but with a broken icon. "Settings" opens and works fine. But like I said the earlier only thing that isn't working is the icon.

Best regards.

Nick_2, Apr 8, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond So 20H2 appears to have broken the time? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 8, 2021
  4. So 20H2 appears to have broken the time?

Broken Icons Appearing

Hi Nick,

We still can't identify what causing this broken icons issue. To get more closely at the root cause, we need additional information:

• When did the issue start?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Does it happen to all the apps icon you are trying to search?

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

So 20H2 appears to have broken the time?

1. So 20H2 appears to have broken the time? - Similar Threads - 20H2 appears broken

2. So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.: Just when we thought that the Grandmother of all dysfunctional community platforms Microsoft couldn't get any worse, they proved us all wrong again.Not content with breaking our Community profiles by messing up the emojis on our comment threads/ feedback section in MSN Start;...
  3. So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So, Microsoft have broken even more 'Community' features.: Just when we thought that the Grandmother of all dysfunctional community platforms Microsoft couldn't get any worse, they proved us all wrong again.Not content with breaking our Community profiles by messing up the emojis on our comment threads/ feedback section in MSN Start;...
  4. WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?: WIN11 has drive issues: it drops drives; it cannot see drives even as I navigate them in another window; in goes into some kind of infinite loop read process when some drives are attached, where that 'some drive' can change from day to day. And of course iPhones used to...
  5. WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHY DOES WIN11 HAVE SO MANY BROKEN FUNCTIONS?: WIN11 has drive issues: it drops drives; it cannot see drives even as I navigate them in another window; in goes into some kind of infinite loop read process when some drives are attached, where that 'some drive' can change from day to day. And of course iPhones used to...
  6. Windows 20H2 Runas Savecred Broken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 20H2 Runas Savecred Broken: Notorious issue i've found on several of our fleet computers that are running Windows 20H2 Particularly Feature Pack 120.2212.2020.0 No surprises, this has broken several things that runas savecred shortcuts just do not initiate anything. Yes i'm aware of security flaws...
  7. Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 20H2 update seems to have broken Windows Hello Face Recognition: With the recent update to Windows 20H2 version 19042.572, the Windows Hello no longer works with the Logitech BRIO 4K camera. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, disabled and re-enabled Windows Hello. The BRIO works fine with Teams, Skype, Windows Camera, Logitech...
  8. Screen Time Broken

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Broken: So I just started using Opera because Microsoft edge was glitchy, a week later my computer decided to set a screen time limit, for me the issue is I cannot use the browser until one of my parents turns off the screen time when they do every day, it turns back on. Why does...
  9. "Program" on Startup appears to have broken File Path

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Program" on Startup appears to have broken File Path: Is there anyway to fix this? It's not even showing up in the directories in CMD. [ATTACH] I have it disabled in startup, but its pretty annoying to see that....
  10. Time Zone Broken!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time Zone Broken!: Time zone won't change from Pacific (UTC-8:00) and I live in Eastern time zone (UTC-5:00) and whenever I change it, it doesn't do anything and remains -5:00 until I look back at the setting and it moved back to -8:00. Disabling automatic time zones does nothing. Or disabling...