Windows 10: So a hacker just emailed me

Discus and support So a hacker just emailed me in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; He asked me to give him 1000$ USD and 48 hours to do so. He showed me all my passwords and a picture of my Lock Screen is there anything I can do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Owen Risner, Feb 27, 2024.

1. So a hacker just emailed me

He asked me to give him 1000$ USD and 48 hours to do so. He showed me all my passwords and a picture of my Lock Screen is there anything I can do besides reinstall windows

:)

Owen Risner, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Tricia H. Win User

Admin email replaced with hackers email. How can I point admin role to new email?

Yes, I want to get rid of the hacker's account.

The hacker's email account is the administrator account. I set-up a
    new Microsoft email account also as an
    admin under family & friends, but hacker's is still the main admin. Will I be able to use the new admin account I set-up when doing what you suggest? The hacker's admin email has thwarted me from removing his as I don't have his password or phone
    number.

Tricia H., Feb 27, 2024
  3. Admin email replaced with hackers email. How can I point admin role to new email?

1. You must be the Administrator on the computer to run the commands I listed earlier.

2. Change Admin Account in Settings

How to change a Windows 10 user account type and why you might want to

3. There are utilities (free) that can locate passwords on the device. These are from NirSoft.

EncryptedRegView,

CredentialsFileView
    , and
    VaultPasswordView

EncryptedRegView will decrypt passwords found in Windows Registry

4. As Greg said, go to every site you do business with and change your passwords to secure your accounts.

5. If nothing works, Perform a clean install of Windows 10 which will wipe account information out on the system.

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Scroll down to Erase Everything in this tutorial to see how to completely erase data on the pc so you can register your account on the unit. These are the steps one would do if selling or donating the pc. There are steps on how to backup your files in the
    beginning of the tutorial.

What to do before selling your old PC

Smittychat., Feb 27, 2024
  4. So a hacker just emailed me

old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

So a hacker just emailed me

1. So a hacker just emailed me - Similar Threads - hacker emailed

2. My microsoft accounts's email was changed without my consent by a hacker and i made a new...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft accounts's email was changed without my consent by a hacker and i made a new...: Around June 30th my account was hacked by a vpn using hacker and they changed my email, I request assistance since i am quite hopeless right now....
  3. My microsoft accounts's email was changed without my consent by a hacker and i made a new...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microsoft accounts's email was changed without my consent by a hacker and i made a new...: Around June 30th my account was hacked by a vpn using hacker and they changed my email, I request assistance since i am quite hopeless right now....
  4. I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when...: Hello My name is Steven Jaden and i got hacked by someone named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I lost my account blox*******@gmail.com and i need help getting it back. i have alot of progress on that account i have screen shots that might be able to prove its my...
  5. I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when...

I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy *** when...: Hello My name is Steven Jaden and i got hacked by someone named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I lost my account blox*******@gmail.com and i need help getting it back. i have alot of progress on that account i have screen shots that might be able to prove its my...
  6. I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello My name is Steven Jaden and i got hacked by someone named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I lost my account blox*******@gmail.com and i need help getting it back. i have alot of progress on that account i have screen shots that might be able to prove its my...
  7. I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I got hacked by a russian hacker nammed *** Email address is removed for privacy ***: Hello My name is Steven Jaden and i got hacked by someone named *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I lost my account blox*******@gmail.com and i need help getting it back. i have alot of progress on that account i have screen shots that might be able to prove its my...
  8. My microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed my informations: email, password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed my informations: email, password.: I cant login and type from that email so i created new account for this question. So basicly yesterday i got hacked and the hacker changed everything i had minecraft premium brought on this account so i need to get back my account i tried to do recovery document but the...
  9. My microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed my informations: email, password.

My microsoft account was hacked and the hacker changed my informations: email, password.: I cant login and type from that email so i created new account for this question. So basicly yesterday i got hacked and the hacker changed everything i had minecraft premium brought on this account so i need to get back my account i tried to do recovery document but the...
  10. My Microsoft account was hacked and the hackers changed the email

My Microsoft account was hacked and the hackers changed the email: My Microsoft account was hacked and whenever i try to login to it, it tells me the account doesn't exist. The hackers changed the recovery email related to the account and whenever i try to fill in the support forum it tells me the account doesn't exist. I bought Minecraft:...