Windows 10: So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :(

Discus and support So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :( in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheSecretNewbie [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheSecretNewbie, May 15, 2020.

1. So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :(

/u/TheSecretNewbie, May 15, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

W10 wiped my son's laptop

Hi Debbie,

It is possible that your son is unable to open his laptop while updating due to a corrupted or incomplete installation. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is your son, getting an error message when he tried to turn on his laptop?
    • When he tried to open his laptop, are you able to check if the power light stays on?
    • Are you seeing black screen/blank screen when you tried to turn on his laptop?
    • What troubleshooting steps has your son done so far to resolve it?

Meanwhile, if you're seeing a blank screen/black screen, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article on how to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which best describes your issue.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 15, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Can't share printer—getting error message

Step 1: Go to store.
    Step 2: Buy a less shitty printer.
    Step 3: Pick up some beer while you are there.
    Step 4: Enjoy both your new printer and your beer.

In all seriousness, I have had more issues with Lexmark printers and their shitty drivers then any other manufacturer, HP is a close second though.

However, if you don't want to get a new printer*Laugh :laugh:, and I can understand that, when my Lexmark was giving me the same troubles in Win7(and Vista) I had to make sure the Windows firewall was ON and the firewall service was enabled and running. After I shared it I could re-disable the firewall and firewall services.

newtekie1, May 15, 2020
  4. So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :(

Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, May 15, 2020
Thema:

So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :(

1. So after wiping my laptop I’m getting this error message now :( - Similar Threads - wiping laptop I’m

2. I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message…....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message…....: I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message….Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: Wpg1aH6TzUuOJkl.12.183...
  3. I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message…....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message…....: I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message….Something went wrong on our end. Give it a few minutes, then try again. TraceID: Wpg1aH6TzUuOJkl.12.183...
  4. I’m trying to add my child to my family group, but keep getting the same error message…....

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Laptops Wiping After Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptops Wiping After Updates: There seems to be an issue where randomly when our employees have a windows update, after the update finishes, their profile seems to be deleted and recreated. Everything is synced to dropbox so there is no loss of files.There is no temporary profile. We're on a domain and...
  6. I’m getting the “Reboot and select proper boot drive” error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m getting the “Reboot and select proper boot drive” error message: I have an SSD with the OS, but it isn’t showing up in bios in “Boot Option”, only my HDD is (It also says “disabled”). Does this mean my SSD died? I have some important schoolwork saved on my ssd, is there any way to check if it still works? Edit: In boot override my ssd...
  7. I’m not able to get on to google classroom on my laptop

I’m not able to get on to google classroom on my laptop: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EMP52 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbvtol/im_not_able_to_get_on_to_google_classroom_on_my/
  8. Why is my laptop so slow now?

Why is my laptop so slow now?: My laptop isn't the greatest but it's always worked fine but recently it got turned off in the middle of an update and I was forced to factory reset the laptop but now it's running really slow. Apps stop responding when I try to close them, and they take forever to open. I...
  9. Wiping my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wiping my laptop: I have a hp laptop with windows 10, and need to reset it and remove my files before I give it away. However, when I try to reset it in the Recovery settings, there is an error message. I also tried to follow a method to use DBAN and reboot from a USB, but no matter how many...
  10. Getting error message after starting the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting error message after starting the laptop: Hi, I have Dell laptop with window 10. Lately I got the following error message (twice) each time I start or restart my laptop: "Line 0 (File 'C:\winddowsUpdater\winddowsUpdater.zip')" (See attached snapshot). [ATTACH] Why I get this error message? and what should I...