Windows 10: So Called October Upgrade

Discus and support So Called October Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My HP Pavilion desktop and Pavilion Laptop have not received the latest feature upgrade from Microsoft. Three other computers that I am involved with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A Gray, Jan 21, 2019.

1. A Gray Win User

So Called October Upgrade

My HP Pavilion desktop and Pavilion Laptop have not received the latest feature upgrade from Microsoft. Three other computers that I am involved with have been successfully upgraded. I keep initiating " Check for Upgrades" but no joy as regards this latest upgrade. Is there any other way I can get and install this upgrade or is there some reason why it is not available for these machines?

:)

A Gray, Jan 21, 2019
  2. swarfega Win User

preparing to upgrade

You can try following this guide. I suggest either step 4 or step 7.

swarfega, Jan 21, 2019
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Jan 21, 2019
  4. So Called October Upgrade

Upgrading options

Apocalypsee, good suggestion and easy upgrade, Get the 4790K and call it a day.

eidairaman1, Jan 21, 2019
Thema:

So Called October Upgrade

1. So Called October Upgrade - Similar Threads - Called October Upgrade

2. So I had this pc since October 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I had this pc since October 2023: Its always been on windows 11 with no issues , i woke up this morning and the ethernet isnt working anymore and when i connect to the internet , it says no internet secured but the internet is working fine on every other device and when I use my hotspot for my pc it works but...
  3. So I had this pc since October 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I had this pc since October 2023: Its always been on windows 11 with no issues , i woke up this morning and the ethernet isnt working anymore and when i connect to the internet , it says no internet secured but the internet is working fine on every other device and when I use my hotspot for my pc it works but...
  4. so-called virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    so-called virus: how do I prevent microsoft defender from quarantining an item it considers a virus but which I know is safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-called-virus/93e046b4-a947-47c1-a8c8-d39e075d8691
  5. so called updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    so called updates: after another of your so called updates my pc is nearly at a standstill all i seem to get is a a large blue circle when are these unsolicited updates going to stop or at least get people who know what they are doing...
  6. Hacked by so called Microsoft representative

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hacked by so called Microsoft representative: This individual froze my new surface tricked me an 80 yr old female he could fix and had me open a page with 4 short lines on top left,remove 2 lines,replace with other info then press control,alt,del whereby he was in. Said someone had hacked me perhaps and Microsoft needed...
  7. October so late April so soon

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    October so late April so soon: I am now seeing articles advising how to prepare for the April update yet up to now (nearly March) I have still not received the October update --- so I have a couple of questions. First, if it happens that April arrives before October what might the effect of this be? Will...
  8. Windows 10 October [1809] Upgrade

Windows 10 October [1809] Upgrade: This is amazing. I purchased a Windoiws 10 Pro Installation DVD and fresh installed it on my Laptop. It installed the Winver 1809 which is the version of Windows 10 with October 2018 Creators Update. Next day Windows Update downgraded it to version 1803. Now when I try to...
  9. Windows 10 October upgrade

Windows 10 October upgrade: I have downloaded the Windows upgrade before it was pulled, all of my files appear to be ok but File Explorer keeps crashing when ever I try to open anything. Tere was no problem prior to the upgrade. Should I just roll it back to previous operating system as I have tried a...
  10. Is worth upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809; if so, what are the...

Is worth upgrading to Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809; if so, what are the...: My current version of Windows 10 is working well on my computer. Are there any key benefits to upgrading right away to Windows 10 October 2018 update version 1809?...