Windows 10: SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro

Discus and support SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an older HP laptop... it is a hp Compaq nc6400. the fet windows 10 app said that the machine was not compatible with windows 10 due to the ati... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pitbullpup, Nov 30, 2015.

1. SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro

I have an older HP laptop... it is a hp Compaq nc6400. the fet windows 10 app said that the machine was not compatible with windows 10 due to the ati radeon x1300 graphics adapter. I was looking at craigslist in my area last night and saw the same machine listed for sale for way too much money but I sent the owner a text message about it telling him I have the same machine and how he managed to install it. he was quite nice and told me to use the media creation tool and force the upgrade. asked him about performance and he said it is much better than windows 7 and no problems with the display. took the risk this morning and forced the install.... the outcome was far better than expected... so far it is like night and day between windows 7 pro and windows 10 pro. only issue is so far I cannot figure out how to scroll with the trackpad but I can live with that and it looks like the ambient light sensor for the display is disabled which I am happy about at least I set the brightness of the display and it stays set where I want it. so far I am *Smile*Smile*Smile

:)

pitbullpup, Nov 30, 2015

2. really happy with W10 so far; huge relief!!

I've done my share of Microsoft bashing since Win 8 and Win 8.1 came out. It is only fair that I now offer kudos on their latest operating system - W10. So far as I can tell, everything that drove me crazy in Win 8 has been fixed or improved. Among other
    things, network settings are better, detailed privacy settings, Defender icon in the system tray, and of course, the Start menu!! This is now a usable operating system for both work and entertainment. I'm a little sad that WMC is gone, but ultimately I'm
    okay with it. When Win 8 came out, I literally spent days getting my head wrapped around it. As IT support for friends and family, I have now updated 5 systems just in the last week and it has been a breeze. I feel I am in control of my computer again.
    And, while I have no tangible evidence, it really does feel like the computers I am personnaly using are running faster. I know there is much more for me to learn about the new OS, but I am optimistic.

Well done, MS. Keep up the good work.

EsseeThirtyeight, Nov 30, 2015
  3. babis3g Win User
    VERY HAPPY WITH THE N 8 MODEL SO FAR (Malaysia, Klang, Jusco Mall)

i have some small issues like bugs problem and if you look in the forum here some users has got few little problems with the n8 as well that i belive are not many and i belive soon will be fix.

dont forget is the first software

however apart this is a nice design phone,great camera,large memory and seems realable phone

i have it 2 weeks by now

i would say is A STRONG PHONE as well

i have installed about 150 applications mainly from the s60 5th edition as are not much for the s3 yet

some apps from the s60 are include

antivirus, many tv links,radios,win archive,folder lockers, slideIt etc including SKYFIRE, yes skyfire 1,5 with amazing flash support.all the flash videos are clear on my n8 3,5 screen

even the N8 it costed me lot of money on sim free, i have make my N8 expirement device on that

sometime will upload a video at utube about it

some apps which failed to install or intalled and did not work HAS NOT affect my N8

easy unistalled

the phone with about 150 apps is still runs smooth

i had 13 pages multitasking and was still the phone was working fast

(i think it pause the programs the multi task but at least very fast can switch bettewn them )

more apps will come now after symbian will let it open source platform and i dont know if the phone is made for so many apps but i will still install more in future

seen how strong is the n8 i can imagine the upcoming N9 and waiting for it ........................

babis3g, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro

1. SO far I am happy with windows 10 pro - Similar Threads - far happy pro

2. Windows 11 - I am not happy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - I am not happy: HATE Windows 11!!!! It automatically saves my files to the stupid One Drive / Cloud. I DO NOT WANT IT TO DO THAT!!! I like to save certain files on my desktop. For example, I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to track my spending. I like to open the bank site and the...
  3. Windows 11 - I am not happy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - I am not happy: HATE Windows 11!!!! It automatically saves my files to the stupid One Drive / Cloud. I DO NOT WANT IT TO DO THAT!!! I like to save certain files on my desktop. For example, I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to track my spending. I like to open the bank site and the...
  4. I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?: I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?* Original title: Windows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-happy-with-windows-10-why-should-i-change-to/b4ace422-3bf2-4393-a43e-27ac3b1d2956
  5. I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?: I am happy with Windows 10. Why should I change to Windows 11?* Original title: Windows11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-happy-with-windows-10-why-should-i-change-to/b4ace422-3bf2-4393-a43e-27ac3b1d2956
  6. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  7. Impressed so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Impressed so far: The upgrade had a hiccup but I've been very pleased with Windows 10 so far My observations ... All programs and hardware work with no modifications (was running 8.1) Full screen apps are manageable from standard PC desktop Like the new UI style, multiple desktops, task...
  8. Windows 10 upgrade good so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade good so far: Well I decided to post how my Windows 10 upgrade went because I felt like I was among the group that was left out from getting anywhere with the upgrade lol. First of all I was like many here who had Windows 10 reserved on this PC but never received the $Windows~BT folder or...
  9. So far so good Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    So far so good Windows10: Installed Windows10 on two ASUS computers one running Win7pro the other 8.1,both installed Win10 without a problem. All files and installed programs were there after the instillation. Even my very old Paint Shop Pro 7 used on an XD computer again is working. But on the 8.1...
  10. My Windows 10 experience so far

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 experience so far: I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM. It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd behaviour. At first the cursor would dissappear or completely freeze. I fixed this after googling for hours. Then...