So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?

Discus and support So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it? in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far. Thanks, 6566 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Starkman, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Starkman Win User

Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far.

Thanks,

:)

Starkman, Jun 1, 2015
  2. 8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117 Win User

What do you think of Windows 10 so far? Is it good enough?

Its been 24 hours since I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I just wanted to know how you feel its going for you. Or how its better than your last version or if your last version is better. I have to say, though (in my opinion), I thinks far more
    stable than previous versions I have used before. I feel there is a sense of strength-ness, unlike other Windows OS. Unfortunately there is a downside: it is sometimes very slow, but not all the time.

What's your opinion? (just want to hear peoples views :)

8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117, Jun 1, 2015
  3. pollis559 Win User
    What do you think of N86?

Great phone but still:

1. Still, when you exit programs they keep running in the background draining battery & memory.
    Make EXIT = EXIT; Especially Web.

2. Often the screen does not go to blank, it stays on despite being set to go off after 30sec.
    This could cause screen burn & wastes battery life.

pollis559, Jun 1, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Hello Starkman.

Windows 10 is very different from 7 but more recognizable than 8.
    Windows 10 has different customization options than 7.

10 is not only just a desktop OS as 7 was,
    it is also designed to be used on touch devices.

Don't expect 10 to be Windows 7 Service Pack 10. ( joke )

There are alot of devices out there that are not yet updated to work with 10.
    Example: Creative Sound Blaster drivers won't be released for 10 until sometime in July.
    Device Drivers will probably be available for most systems after RTM or GA.
    Alot of software is yet to be made compatible with 10.

Other than that, Microsoft's device driver base is much improved over Windows 7.
    10 is ok.

nt62, Jun 1, 2015
Thema:

So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it? - Similar Threads - far who've used

1. Which AMD Driver for Far Cry 5?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Which AMD Driver for Far Cry 5?: I have a R9 280X GPU with driver v17.11.1 I haven't updated for a while running W10 v1709. What's the most stable AMD GPU driver supporting Far Cry 5? I used to be able to run games at 2560x1440 resolution but Far Cry 5 won't accept this this resolution in the GPU...
  2. Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Far Cry Primal works with wired XB1 controller, but not Bluetooth: So, I just bought and installed Far Cry Primal from UPlay. I fired it up for the first time with my Xbox One controller paired via Bluetooth. Game doesn't accept input from it. So I started a new game anyway, unpaired the controller and re-paired it, then Alt-tabbed back into...
  3. BSOD playing Far Cry 5 (amongst other times), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD playing Far Cry 5 (amongst other times), APC_INDEX_MISMATCH: Hi guys, First time poster, long time BSOD sufferer, so apologies if this is the wrong place. I have a custom built gaming PC, a good 4 or 5 years old now and for as long as I can remember I've been suffering from issues, I can't reboot my PC for instance (I can turn it...
  4. A Bridge (Win 10) To Far?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A Bridge (Win 10) To Far?: I took my 10 yr. old much used and software bloated Dell 1720 Inspiron and gave it a clean install of Vista, then loaded a "new" and unused copy Win 7 and upgraded it including drivers. Next I found the download page for the 10 day trial of Win 10 and installed that. While...
  5. My display is too far to the right (off the screen)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    My display is too far to the right (off the screen): I changed the VGA cable of my second monitor (whilst my PC was powered on) and my display went off the right edge of the monitor (so I have a black bar on the left). I used the in-built controls to move it fully left but it isn't enough. I switched the cables back and this...
  6. How far behind Insiders is regular Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How far behind Insiders is regular Windows 10 ?: I'm one of the folk who uses Windows Media Center on Windows 10, and apparently Microsoft have done something with the codecs that stops WMC from working at all on the latest Insiders (according to a thread at Green Button). So - does the next big update to Windows 10...
  7. My Windows 10 experience so far

in Windows 10 Support
    My Windows 10 experience so far: I bought a HP Pavilion the other day and it was not cheap since I wanted a decent CPU and sufficient RAM. It came with Windows 10 which has a very odd behaviour. At first the cursor would dissappear or completely freeze. I fixed this after googling for hours. Then...