Windows 10: So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?

Discus and support So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far. Thanks, 6566 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Starkman, May 31, 2015.

1. Starkman Win User

So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?

Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far.

Thanks,

:)

Starkman, May 31, 2015

2. What do you think of Windows 10 so far? Is it good enough?

Its been 24 hours since I've upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I just wanted to know how you feel its going for you. Or how its better than your last version or if your last version is better. I have to say, though (in my opinion), I thinks far more
    stable than previous versions I have used before. I feel there is a sense of strength-ness, unlike other Windows OS. Unfortunately there is a downside: it is sometimes very slow, but not all the time.

What's your opinion? (just want to hear peoples views So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it? :)

8abddd39-6c51-495f-a16c-44c91d94c117, May 31, 2015
  3. pollis559 Win User
    What do you think of N86?

Great phone but still:

1. Still, when you exit programs they keep running in the background draining battery & memory.
    Make EXIT = EXIT; Especially Web.

2. Often the screen does not go to blank, it stays on despite being set to go off after 30sec.
    This could cause screen burn & wastes battery life.

pollis559, May 31, 2015
  4. nt62 Win User

Hello Starkman.

Windows 10 is very different from 7 but more recognizable than 8.
    Windows 10 has different customization options than 7.

10 is not only just a desktop OS as 7 was,
    it is also designed to be used on touch devices.

Don't expect 10 to be Windows 7 Service Pack 10. ( joke )

There are alot of devices out there that are not yet updated to work with 10.
    Example: Creative Sound Blaster drivers won't be released for 10 until sometime in July.
    Device Drivers will probably be available for most systems after RTM or GA.
    Alot of software is yet to be made compatible with 10.

Other than that, Microsoft's device driver base is much improved over Windows 7.
    10 is ok.

Thema:

1. So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it? - Similar Threads - far who've used

2. What do you think of these recommended apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  3. What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?

What Do You Think of this as an Update for WordPad on Windows 10?: Guys,Ever since Windows 8.1, many users have been petitioning Microsoft to update WordPad for Windows 10 to give it a new look and feel. It would have a spellchecker, and a Dark Theme Mode. I went online, and a program developer for Windows 10 created this added image. I...
  4. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

in Browsers and Email
    So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all): Greetings, I've been playing with the new Edge. Available for all via download -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge I have a low end Mini PC (Pentium) and any performance improvements with the browser will DEFINITELY be noticed. (Firefox takes 15 seconds to load 4 tabs...
  5. What do you think of the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do you think of the hardware?: HI! I started this thread is this a good deal - Windows 10 Forums but I think it is here better First what do you think of the harsware I got this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF-206 Titan SLI - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews with the price 2800$ is this a good price for this...
  6. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...
  7. What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

What do you think Of Cortana so far ?: Hi I hope Microsoft will have some updates to download to in prove Cortana on some of the stuffed I asked I would not open and send me on the Internet. I ask Cortana to open Device manager it wouldn't open it. Thank you 17867
  8. So Far, So Good

in Windows 10 Support
    So Far, So Good: After installing Windows 10 onto my Dell 1545 it appears to run faster than Win-7 and while it will take some time to get used to MS Edge it appears to run faster as well. Learning curve is fair and not too steep. Happy so far. Hopefully I can install the ISO and new GF...
  9. What I've observed so far.

in Windows 10 Support
    What I've observed so far.: Hi Yesterday I installed Windows 10 in a dual boot configuration with Windows 8. I turned off both Fast Boot and Secure Boot in the bios first and created a partition on my second hard drive. I installed from a DVD I created from the .ISO file. I had no issues with...
  10. Windows 10: What CIOs think of it so far

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: What CIOs think of it so far: Windows 10, Microsoft's next operating system, isn't expected until the middle of next year at least, and the company is still slowly revealing the details, which include support for a wider range of devices and increased security. But considering the cool reception...