Windows 10: So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

Discus and support So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FFX-Paradox, Oct 28, 2020.

1. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like that. My dumbass disabled it and now I’m just greeted with a login screen with no login menu... Restart and shutdown doesn’t work, I gotta turn off the power to the computer and turn it on again.

I also just finished reinstalling a fresh start of windows so it would be such as pain reinstalling windows again and installing every program...

Please help, perhaps I can restart the service again with command prompt or something?

submitted by /u/FFX-Paradox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FFX-Paradox, Oct 28, 2020

2. Msconfig services disabled

I accidentally disabled all msconfig services,all appears are the internet icon wich is not connected to the internet,ease of access and power icon. I cant log in to the window that is already been disabled please help me on how to enable all the msconfig
    services that i accidentally disabled.

GeoffCarter08, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I
    try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or just restarts. Nothing I've tried has worked.

AnnabelleShutlar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. SaintAims Win User

So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

Windows 10 services disabled accidentally

Hi guys today I made a mistake in the start-up services tab and I put disable all services, so when i start windows 10 it stays in the "photo" screen like it when you power up after suspending windows.

Basically here is the process I followed but I did wrong the part of ticking hide all windows services:

END BACKGROUND TASKS AND SERVICES

Hold the Windows key and press the letter R to open the Run window.
    In the Run window that appears, type msconfig (without the quotes) and click OK .
    In the System Configuration window, click on the Startup tab.
    Click the Disable all button.
    Click on the Services tab.
    Click on the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services , which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
    Click on the Disable all button and click OK .
    You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
    Restart your computer.

Please could someone help me get back all the services I deleted?
    Thnx

SaintAims, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

1. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on... - Similar Threads - accidentally disable service

2. I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in: So I accidentally just disabled all services in msconfig and now I'm not able to log in it stuck in the lock screen. There is only 2 option for login with PIN or fingerprint. Unfortunately, both options won't be able to use due to biometric fingerprints having been disabled,...
  3. I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally disabled all msconfig and now can't log-in: So I accidentally just disabled all services in msconfig and now I'm not able to log in it stuck in the lock screen. There is only 2 option for login with PIN or fingerprint. Unfortunately, both options won't be able to use due to biometric fingerprints having been disabled,...
  4. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in: I was trying to do a clean boot up. I have tried every solution on the internet and nothing worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-disabled-all-microsoft-services-in/8d9ac8d7-92d0-4220-bc5e-8ed43bc1598d
  5. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in: I was trying to do a clean boot up. I have tried every solution on the internet and nothing worked for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-disabled-all-microsoft-services-in/8d9ac8d7-92d0-4220-bc5e-8ed43bc1598d
  6. I accidentally disabled all Microsoft services in system config and now I can’t log in

7. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in: I was trying to do a clean boot, but forgot to check the "hide all microsoft services" box. Now I can't log in, or boot into safe mode. Any help is appreciated....
  8. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in: I was trying to do a clean boot, but forgot to check the "hide all microsoft services" box. Now I can't log in, or boot into safe mode. Any help is appreciated....
  9. accidentally disabled microsoft services, now I can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  10. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in: The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or...