Windows 10: So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

Discus and support So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FFX-Paradox, Oct 28, 2020.

1. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

I was fiddling around with services and disabled one that had a description that said something like “controls signing in and out” or something like that. My dumbass disabled it and now I’m just greeted with a login screen with no login menu... Restart and shutdown doesn’t work, I gotta turn off the power to the computer and turn it on again.

I also just finished reinstalling a fresh start of windows so it would be such as pain reinstalling windows again and installing every program...

Please help, perhaps I can restart the service again with command prompt or something?

submitted by /u/FFX-Paradox
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FFX-Paradox, Oct 28, 2020

2. Msconfig services disabled

I accidentally disabled all msconfig services,all appears are the internet icon wich is not connected to the internet,ease of access and power icon. I cant log in to the window that is already been disabled please help me on how to enable all the msconfig
    services that i accidentally disabled.

GeoffCarter08, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I
    try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or just restarts. Nothing I've tried has worked.

AnnabelleShutlar, Oct 28, 2020
  4. SaintAims Win User

So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

Windows 10 services disabled accidentally

Hi guys today I made a mistake in the start-up services tab and I put disable all services, so when i start windows 10 it stays in the "photo" screen like it when you power up after suspending windows.

Basically here is the process I followed but I did wrong the part of ticking hide all windows services:

END BACKGROUND TASKS AND SERVICES

Hold the Windows key and press the letter R to open the Run window.
    In the Run window that appears, type msconfig (without the quotes) and click OK .
    In the System Configuration window, click on the Startup tab.
    Click the Disable all button.
    Click on the Services tab.
    Click on the checkbox next to Hide all Microsoft services , which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
    Click on the Disable all button and click OK .
    You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
    Restart your computer.

Please could someone help me get back all the services I deleted?
    Thnx

SaintAims, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on...

1. So I accidentally disable a service and now I can log on... - Similar Threads - accidentally disable service

2. I disabled all msconfig services in windows 10, now I can't log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I disabled all msconfig services in windows 10, now I can't log in: I just resolve the problem and share the resolution to help people. It actually very easy people just don't know how to do so. I tried several times and accidentally fix it. DO NOT NEED TO BOOT OR ANYTHING!!!!!! Steps: 1The password you type in should be your MICROSOFT...
  3. I accidentally disabled everything in msconfig

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I accidentally disabled everything in msconfig: Hello, After disabling everything in msconfig my pc cannot boot into bios or windows. My monitor does not detect an output from the gpu or motherboard. I have used the same ssd in another pc and it works fine. I have also tried booting without the ssd. Any ideas on how to...
  4. Is there a service which logs what i type, and if so, where i can find the log file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a service which logs what i type, and if so, where i can find the log file?: Hello. I Just types somethin important which got lost. I didnt save it in any wasy. I was just wondering, do windows save the keyboard input? I know such job is done by trojans, to get access code keyloggers, but i wonder if i can find a log generated by windows, in order...
  5. So i accidentally downloaded a file on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So i accidentally downloaded a file on: internet explorer, which i dont even use. Now everytime i try to redownload it brings me back to internet explorer and wont open. Can anybody help me put that download in another place so it can actually be opened? submitted by /u/kzeg [link] [comments]...
  6. I accidentally disabled the user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    I accidentally disabled the user profile: I accidentally disabled the user profile services, and suddenly all the applications just stopped working. I restarted my pc cause i couldn't open any application, instead it just sent me back to say hi were updating on your pc online. and it keeps looping on like forever I...
  7. Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally disabled Microsoft services and now I can't log in: The Sims 4 (opened on Origin) wasn't starting up so I tried disabling services to reboot my comp for a "clean boot" but accidentally disabled all my Microsoft services and now my comp won't accept any of my passwords. When I try to troubleshoot it, it either doesn't work or...
  8. Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Accidentally made it so whenever I log in, it shutdowns instantly: Whenever I press enter to the password, my pc shuts down instantly. I used task scheduler to do this. I would like for someone to help to show me the steps in reversing this please and thanks....
  9. Windows 10 services disabled accidentally

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 services disabled accidentally: Hi guys today I made a mistake in the start-up services tab and I put disable all services, so when i start windows 10 it stays in the "photo" screen like it when you power up after suspending windows. Basically here is the process I followed but I did wrong the part of...
  10. Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally disabled my wifi connection, and now i cant reconnect.: I was attempting to figure out how to fix my internet connection, and there was an option which said disable, which i thought would temporarily disable my connection and allow me to simply reconnect. i hit that disable button, and all of the wifi disappeared from my laptop. i...