Windows 10: so i accidently use a kms product key

Discus and support so i accidently use a kms product key in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ayushmaan Kanaujia, Dec 5, 2022.

1. so i accidently use a kms product key

basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the add you account insted of showing add your acc it showed add you informatica business acc i never worked in informatica and there was no way of going back to the previos step so i used cmd to reset the pc and this time i did i dont have internet to get around it after that i went to activation to try again to change th

:)

Ayushmaan Kanaujia, Dec 5, 2022

2. Windows Product Key KMS

Worth reading why you shouldn't use illegal activation methods: Answers to common security questions - Best Practices - Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, and Privacy Software

>>how do i revert back to my old kms server

We will NEVER give answer for that.

From the Community CoC:

Things that will get you immediately banned from this community:

• Pirating Microsoft software or products, or offering pirated software or products for sale, including posting product keys.
    We can however give you the steps to remove it:

Right-click Start button > choose Command Prompt as administrator > click Yes > paste this command and press Enter:

slmgr /upk

After it uninstalls successfully, paste this command and click Enter:

slmgr /cpky

Joe13 B-) 2.0, Dec 5, 2022
  3. reqonlmao Win User
    Windows Product Key KMS

So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will just stick with the watermark until i can buy and offical key but for now i just want answers to remove this orgz product key for good and not having to worry about my data being taken

reqonlmao, Dec 5, 2022
  4. so i accidently use a kms product key

Windows 10 product keys and activation - and the KMS angle

I ought at this stage to pause and say a big thankyou to Bree and NavyLCDR (and alphanumeric...) for hanging in there and trying to help.

As this process has gone on we seem now and again to have got diverted into trying to deal with subordinate or separate aspects of the problem. Just to recap:

- the original focus was on trying to do a clean (re)install of Win10, using the embedded OEM Win 8 key which ShowKey Plus indicated was in the firmware;

- I have tried a clean install, twice, using first a Rufus-created bootable USB then an MCT-created USB. Both booted and started the install (so were properly formatted and functional), but both brought up the product-key screen and the Win 8 embedded key wasn't recognised;

- Bree and I have just been grappling with the secondary problem - that IF I were to try to re-create a bootable USB for a clean install using Option 4, I needed to copy and paste the files from the Win10 .iso image. It has emerged that because i'm using a Win 7 machine for all this preparatory work, I can't open .iso files using Windows Explorer. Ok, we can park that as a side issue, as I can - if need be - open an .iso using 7-Zip;

- but, as NavyLCDR suggests, trying different ways to create a bootable USB seems to be missing the point: however formatted and created, the USB stick runs OK. The problem is that it is unable to find the embedded key nor is that key recognised when manually entered. So a differently-created or formatted USB stick won't help.....

- In theory when I get to the 'product key' screen I suppose I could simply say I don't have a key, and skip that step. The problem then - as I see it - is that Win 10 would clean-install, but I would not then be able to activate it (if the embedded key doesn't work during the install, why would it work afterwards?). I would end up worse off than I am at present, where I have the corporate Win 10 activated and working more-or-less normally, but because it's KMS, it will at some point in the next few months be de-activated;

- That rather leads me towards the alternative suggestion made by NavyLCDR: that instead of persisting with a clean install that seems not to be possible, I could try a different way of (re) activating the existing Win 10 by using the different key suggested. I hesitate to ask for an explanation of what that key is and why it might work. But right now I'm not sure there are any other possible ways forward.

br1anstorm, Dec 5, 2022
Thema:

so i accidently use a kms product key

1. so i accidently use a kms product key - Similar Threads - accidently kms product

2. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  3. KMS product key acttivation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMS product key acttivation: Hi, so today my friend told me to ask on chaatgpt for free windows keys and he said there are no problems which can occur.. I did the thing but soon it says imrunning non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise Retailer which i dont know why it has now, i want to find my old product...
  4. so i accidently use a kms product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    so i accidently use a kms product key: basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the...
  5. so i accidently use a kms product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so i accidently use a kms product key: basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the...
  6. Windows Product Key KMS

Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  7. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Product Key KMS: So i used a way to get free windows product key only to personalize my desktop wallpaper but now when i try removing the key it gets removed then comes back not even 1 hr later and i used a kms server to get it for free how do i revert back to my old kms server and i will...
  8. Windows Product Key KMS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Tried to remove KMS product key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tried to remove KMS product key: So I was an idiot and used the KMS product key activation software, then fast forward 2 years (did not need to replace the key) I decided I wanted to remove it. So I tried changing the product key, it said Windows 10 was not activated and theres no product key, so I reset my...
  10. Digital Lisence Removed after using KMS product key.

Digital Lisence Removed after using KMS product key.: Hello everyone, I am using a computer where I upgraded to Windows 10 using the free upgrade promotion. Everything worked fine, and I got windows 10 for free. However, I wanted to try using a KMS product key to evaluate windows on another device, but when I used slmgr, it...