Windows 10: So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was...

Discus and support So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Aikamping [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aikamping, Jan 5, 2020.

1. So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was...

/u/Aikamping, Jan 5, 2020
  2. rwstarke Win User

Anyone been able to upgrade a Lenovo Y530 laptop?

The Y530 has an Intel WiFi Link 5100 card. It is not compatible with Windows 10. You can take it out by removing the back panel where the memory is located but you will get the same error. Y530 will not upgrade to Windows 8.1 or 10 according to Lenovo.

The fast ethernet is Broadcom BCM5906M.

rwstarke, Jan 5, 2020
  3. rstarke Win User
    Windows 10 install error 0xc1900101 - 0x20017 Lenovo Y530

Y530 is NOT compatible with Windows 10. It is not on Lenovo's list of compatible notebooks. The Intel WiFi card is not compatible plus there are not recent drivers for some of the components. Do not waste your time with this model. There have been numerous
    posts about this on many websites. Microsoft does not know and Lenovo will not support the Y530.

rstarke, Jan 5, 2020
  4. ram93 Win User

So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was...

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was...

1. So I booted up my laptop(Lenovo legion y530) and it told me that my default boot drive was... - Similar Threads - booted laptop Lenovo

2. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  3. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.: Hello,Basically title. I’ll add a few more details here.When I Opened my computer yesterday windows would not boot. It tried performing automatic repair but it just stayed at “preparing automatic repair” for hours. I got back from work and shut it down. Restarted it and it...
  4. Can’t get my Lenovo legion y530 to boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install windows 10, USB drive not showing on boot menu, Lenovo Legion Y530: Hello,My computer didn't make it after the last Windows update, so I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 10 on my Lenovo Legion Y530-15ICH.The other computer available to me is a MacBook Pro 2015, OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6, from which I am currently seeking...
  6. Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with keyboard configuration on Lenovo Legion Y530: At the beggining I thought this was liquid damage because I cleaned my keyboard with alcohol and a cloth.The letter E and FN were not working and noticed while trying to enter my Windows password. But after doing normal troubleshooting by updating drivers, uninstalling and...
  7. Lenovo Legion Y530 screen flickering/repeated booting to login screen after updates two...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Legion Y530 screen flickering/repeated booting to login screen after updates two...: So, my laptop had a bunch of updates it installed on 3/18. Afterwards, it would boot to the login screen, but flickering the whole time. Occasionally I can get my password entered quick enough to log in. However, at best I see my desktop for a second or two before the screen...
  8. Start up screen for Legion y530

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start up screen for Legion y530: Hi, I have a problem with my laptop. Whenever i power on it on, it stays loading and would not put me in any type of home screen. It stays loading for a very long time and does not change. I cant do anything because its like this. Is there anyway to fix it?...
  9. Lenovo Legion Y530 loses power when unplugged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lenovo Legion Y530 loses power when unplugged: I got this computer for Christmas 2018 and I've had it for almost a year. Last night started having an issue where it would lose power/crash when unplugged. I've tried multiple things to have this done including tearing apart the computer and unplugging the battery and...
  10. My Lenovo laptop boot up process

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Lenovo laptop boot up process: When I press the power up button and the boot up process starts, it only proceeds until the screensaver comes up, at which time the next screen is the ID screen. It will not go on to the ID screen None of the keys are defective and it’s just stuck at that screen....