Windows 10: So I bought my wife a laptop..

Discus and support So I bought my wife a laptop.. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It was an HP Elitebook I think. Decent hardware. I bought extra ram up to 32 Gigs. Came with a lot of HP bloatware but whatever. She was just gonna use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uplandtoaster, Dec 1, 2019.

1. So I bought my wife a laptop..

It was an HP Elitebook I think. Decent hardware. I bought extra ram up to 32 Gigs. Came with a lot of HP bloatware but whatever. She was just gonna use it to surf the net, arrange photos, little bit of work stuff. No biggie. Anyways, I get a message from her the other day, she’s just losing her mind trying to import photos to that photo app on windows 10. I haven’t used it much, and just assumed it was still the old photo viewing program from 7. I clam her down and tell her I’ll figure it out when I get home. Cut to 7 hours later, still online trying to google a solution. Driving me nuts. It connects to her iPhone, sees photos available for import, even selected only the ones that haven’t been imported yet, click on ok and it just stalls and then a window pops up, “there was an error” or some crap. I tried everything. Updates, reboots, registry edits, nothing. My old iPhone 6s had no problem. Just her iPhone 8. My ultimate solution was to import all her photos to my ancient 2012 MacBook Pro, then from that to a WD USB drive, then onto her new HP hard drive (i.e. NOT imported with photos app) THEN importing the folder on her HP into the photo app. Why is software getting sooooooo much worse these days?!? Why won’t they just make stuff that does stuff?!?! Ahhhhh!!!

submitted by /u/uplandtoaster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uplandtoaster, Dec 1, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 1, 2019
  3. How can I get Cortana to ignore my wife's shared calendar?

Hi Lawrence,

I apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Calendar App.
    • In the left pane, uncheck the option for your wife's calendar and check for status.

If the issue still persists, run the SFC (System File Checker) scan by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start button and select “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” and press Enter.
    • After the scan is complete, type “exit” and press Enter.

For more information about SFC scan, click on the link below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 1, 2019
  4. So I bought my wife a laptop..

Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

So I bought my wife a laptop..

1. So I bought my wife a laptop.. - Similar Threads - bought wife laptop

2. I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so...: I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so I could play sims 4 but sims is still saying I don’t have enough storage how do I fix this...
  3. I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so...: I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so I could play sims 4 but sims is still saying I don’t have enough storage how do I fix this...
  4. I bought my Microsoft 365 family account thing so I could have more storage on my laptop so...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So i bought a new PC and this happens.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So i bought a new PC and this happens.: So when i got to Xbox game bar it just shows one tab and not the social menu. I just got this PC today and I don't know what's happening. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-i-bought-a-new-pc-and-this-happens/a87432fb-2570-4a32-ae6a-1f6767bbbf95
  6. Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Wife Bought a Lenovo yoga 920 warranty: Hello all, my wife bought her lenovo yoga c920 through the windows store in calgary currently closed so we go online and all the windows site cares about is surface products. The warrenty is the windows one and it would be great if there is a contract number one can call...
  7. Wifes laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wifes laptop overheating: Hello people, Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go. My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP started shutting down and telling her its overheating. Installing Speccy and watching the temp it sure seems that way. It's also...
  8. Wifes laptop overheating

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifes laptop overheating: Hello people, Not sure if you guys are the right ones to ask but I'll give it a go. My wife prefers a laptop to a desktop and her 4 year old HP started shutting down and telling her its overheating. Installing Speccy and watching the temp it sure seems that way. It's also...
  9. Change Microsoft account on my wife's laptop.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Change Microsoft account on my wife's laptop.: My wife started a new job and received a brand new laptop from her employer. When setting up the laptop she used the Microsoft account information we already use on our personal computer. Can we remove our personal Microsoft account from the laptop and use a new account?...
  10. So I recently bought a laptop on a website that refurbishes and resells ThinkPads. The...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I recently bought a laptop on a website that refurbishes and resells ThinkPads. The...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/schwartzacher [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4a10t/so_i_recently_bought_a_laptop_on_a_website_that/