Windows 10: So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?

Discus and support So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Kynaru [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7rctm/so_i_got_this_new_pc_that_when_i_click_f1_it/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kynaru, Dec 8, 2019.

1. /u/Kynaru Win User

So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?

/u/Kynaru, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Rey Bel1 Win User

Unbinding Keys

Hi Dotty,

Function key's F1 to F12 have different uses depending on the keyboard manufacturer. If it's not functioning as intended, it's possible that the device driver could be corrupted or outdated. For us to better assist you, we'd like ask a few questions:

• Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver in the search box and press
      Enter to find out.
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What have you done so far to troubleshoot the issue.

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter as it can check your device for any issues and will attempt to fix. If you're on a Windows 10 PC, you can run the troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search
      bar
      and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the top-left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. Click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver and check if it helps. To do so, follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type Device
      Manager, and press Enter.
    • Find the device that you need to uninstall from the list.
    • Right-click and click Uninstall.
    • A device removal confirmation will appear, click Ok.
    • After uninstalling the device, reboot your computer.
    • Check if the issue persists.

For any results, kindly update this thread.

Rey Bel1, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Volume connected with f1- can't get it to work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to know the details requested below:

• When you say, “the volume wont work its connected to the f1 key” are you not able to get sound on your computer?
    • Which update was installed on the computer? To check go to
      Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type: winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Ideally, the F1 key is used as the help key in most of the programs. It opens a help screen when the F1 key is pressed.

Meanwhile, you may want to try the steps mentioned below:

If you are trying to use the F1 key to control volume on the computer, you may want to press
    Fn key + F1 and see if that helps.

However, if you do not get sound on your computer, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2019
  4. So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?

Unbinding Keys

I need to be able to use F3 in a game, but whenever I press it the volume just goes down. Does anyone know a way to unbind volume controls from F3 etc so I can use the keys? (No, I can not change the key in game)

DottyConner, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it?

1. So i got this new pc that when i click f1 it redirects me to this. How can i unbind it? - Similar Threads - got click redirects

2. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...: As said from the title. When I have notifications on for someone on twitter, and they tweet, I get a notification from windows pop up, however, when I click it, it doesnt bring me to the tweet in my google chrome tab. It just closes the notification no matter where I click on...
  3. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...: As said from the title. When I have notifications on for someone on twitter, and they tweet, I get a notification from windows pop up, however, when I click it, it doesnt bring me to the tweet in my google chrome tab. It just closes the notification no matter where I click on...
  4. Twitter notifications on windows is not redirecting me to the actual tweet when I click...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in: So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and i just do not know how to sign off or i can't am not able to sign into other accounts everything happens automatically i need real good help. So i have 2 no3 but the third one has nothing to do with this those 2 accounts 1...
  6. So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in

So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and I can't sign in: So my pc just keeps redirecting me to an account and i just do not know how to sign off or i can't am not able to sign into other accounts everything happens automatically i need real good help. So i have 2 no3 but the third one has nothing to do with this those 2 accounts 1...
  7. In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...: So when I click on the file manager icon in taskbar , i only see my drives and not the folders.The folders that I am talking about is "Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures"It was there in Win 10 but not in Win 11. Is there a way to get it back?I have also attached a...
  8. In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...

In Windows 11 , when I click on File Manager , it redirects me to This PC which I prefer...: So when I click on the file manager icon in taskbar , i only see my drives and not the folders.The folders that I am talking about is "Desktop Documents Downloads Music Pictures"It was there in Win 10 but not in Win 11. Is there a way to get it back?I have also attached a...
  9. How to unbind F1 key shortcut to MS Quick Assist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unbind F1 key shortcut to MS Quick Assist?: Ever since I've switched to Win11, my F1 key is bound to open MS Quick Assist. Even if I uninstall Quick Assist, I'm getting a popup saying This really effects my gaming experience and I couldn't find a way to unbind the shortcut but still be able to use F1 key as always....
  10. How to unbind F1 key shortcut to MS Quick Assist?

How to unbind F1 key shortcut to MS Quick Assist?: Ever since I've switched to Win11, my F1 key is bound to open MS Quick Assist. Even if I uninstall Quick Assist, I'm getting a popup saying This really effects my gaming experience and I couldn't find a way to unbind the shortcut but still be able to use F1 key as always....