Windows 10: So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for...

Discus and support So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/ShadedShaded [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f5bg68/so_i_have_a_usb_drive_which_i_am_trying_to/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ShadedShaded, Feb 17, 2020.

1. So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for...

/u/ShadedShaded, Feb 17, 2020

2. trying to install 7 w/o optical drive or USB drive (do have an external hdd)

This method is going to be trial/error on my part but here's my stab at it:

Use the guide he linked. Substitute in step 4, DO NOT FORMAT. Pre-format the hard drive with another PC/current windows install in NTFS format, then create 2 partitions. 1 to install from and one to install to. So in step 4 I beleive all you would have to do is a "clean" "select partition XX" & "active" command.

In step 5, use virtual CD/DVD software.

EDIT:

The only problem I see with above is how are you going to install while booting? Meaning, for it to boot wouldn't you have to be external but yet must install to an internal drive?

JrRacinFan, Feb 17, 2020
  3. 7.62 Win User
    Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

4. So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for...

little cat, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for...

1. So I have A USB drive which I am trying to install windows onto a new drive with but for... - Similar Threads - USB drive trying

2. I am installing a new ssd in my laptop. I downloaded windows installation to a usb drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am installing a new ssd in my laptop. I downloaded windows installation to a usb drive....: Is it all prompts after this? I'm putting my external ssd in my computer. Do i need to format it first? Thanks.Josh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-a-new-ssd-in-my-laptop-i/c833e465-2645-4e27-a8f1-96c4ab7513fe
  3. I am installing a new ssd in my laptop. I downloaded windows installation to a usb drive....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am installing a new ssd in my laptop. I downloaded windows installation to a usb drive....: Is it all prompts after this? I'm putting my external ssd in my computer. Do i need to format it first? Thanks.Josh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-installing-a-new-ssd-in-my-laptop-i/c833e465-2645-4e27-a8f1-96c4ab7513fe
  4. I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...: I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my ASUS Laptop Windows 11 via USB. It will not connect. What can I do to make it work? Is the problem because it does not work with Windows ? Plus there is no user manual with it.I saw that...
  5. I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...

I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my...: I have a new Computer System Universal Optical Drive which I am trying to connect to my ASUS Laptop Windows 11 via USB. It will not connect. What can I do to make it work? Is the problem because it does not work with Windows ? Plus there is no user manual with it.I saw that...
  6. I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive: I bought a nvme 2tb hard drive to not only add more space but to have a faster OS bc my original pc was prebuilt and the OS was on a hard drive. I went through the prosses, first installing the windows media helper thing onto a USB stick and then unplugging all my drives...
  7. I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive

I am having trouble with drives after new windows install on new drive: I bought a nvme 2tb hard drive to not only add more space but to have a faster OS bc my original pc was prebuilt and the OS was on a hard drive. I went through the prosses, first installing the windows media helper thing onto a USB stick and then unplugging all my drives...
  8. I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...

I installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data, old documents off old drive...: installed windows on a new drive but I am trying to get data old documents of old drive but it keeps linking back to the new drive. The ones that dont have the little loop are just fine to access...
  9. I recently got a new solid state drive and wanted to install windows onto it so I could...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I recently got a new solid state drive and wanted to install windows onto it so I could...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SpiderFucker8000 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kkuwhq/i_recently_got_a_new_solid_state_drive_and_wanted/
  10. Clean install of windows onto a new drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install of windows onto a new drive: How can I do a clean install of windows but change it to a new drive? submitted by /u/Starzz_1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jbisvz/clean_install_of_windows_onto_a_new_drive/