Windows 10: So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost...

Discus and support So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Literally, it's already on red and there's about 9 GB left on the thing. Is there a way for me to get enough space again or something? For I'm pretty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BronzeHeart92, Feb 9, 2021.

1. So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost...

Literally, it's already on red and there's about 9 GB left on the thing. Is there a way for me to get enough space again or something? For I'm pretty sure it's something that's not supposed to happen...

submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BronzeHeart92, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Pavan_N Win User

unable to play games Unity Web Player error.

Hi Daryl,

As an initial troubleshooting step I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall Unity Web Player from Programs and features and check the status of the issue.

To uninstall programs, go to Settings.

• On the Start menu, then select Settings.
    • Select System > Apps & features.
    • Select the program, then select Uninstall. Some apps that are built in to Windows can’t be uninstalled.
    • Follow the directions on the screen.
    As you have clearly described that the issue is with Unity Web Player not with game or browser and Unity Web Player is not developed by Microsoft. I suggest you to contact
    Unity Web Player Support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 9, 2021
  3. BSOD when trying to create a new 3D Unity project

I have recently built a new PC and have had it running for a month now without issues. It has run all my games at Ultra without issues, all other programs such as Photoshop without problems, and has worked perfectly. I use Unity 3D for my job and often take
    work home, but have been working on 2D projects mostly lately.

Recently, I tried to create a new Unity 3D project and suddenly as it was loading up, my computer BSOD with a Whea_uncorrectable_error. After several more test, I finally narrowed it down. It was only happening when I ran Unity to create a new 3D project
    or open a existing 3D project.

I then further narrowed it down and it was occurring if I created a 2D project and then went into lighting and added a Skybox material and turned on Auto Generate baked lighting. Unity console showed Ambient Probes job failed with error code: 2 ("Failed
    to bake the ambient probe"). But it would freeze at that point and BSOD.

After doing a lot of research, I turned off all overclocking, ran programs such as prime95, Intel tuning software, Intel diagnostic, and a few others trying to stress test the system. The system passed without issues. I ran Windows update and check with
    my motherboard manufacturer for updates and updated my bios and a couple other drivers they had to see if that helped. Nothing fixed the issue.

122717-11234-01.dmp

I have a minidump file here.

If anybody can help me track down this issue and fix it, I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying to figure this out for the past week. If it's a hardware issue, I still have time to send stuff back for replacement. I'm just really confused why
    only the light baking in Unity is crashing my computer when nothing else does and none of the stress test fail.

Thank you very much for any help that can be provided.

ChrisBrown_100, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Martmcd Win User

So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost...

unity web player

yes, it is safe to uninstall.

it is old and is no longer supported by unity (which might be why there are only out-dated answers)

go to settings -> apps -> Apps & Features

locate Unity Web Player in the list of apps

click on it then click the Uninstall button

Martmcd, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost...

1. So I have downloaded a learning project for Unity and suddenly the SSD on my comp is almost... - Similar Threads - downloaded learning project

2. I have window pro installed in my comp but I left the company that I was worked for and my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have window pro installed in my comp but I left the company that I was worked for and my...: I have window pro installed in my comp., but I left the company that i was worked for and my profile was locked, now I need to retrieve personal information and I cannot get in. How can I recoup those folders ?...
  3. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error suddenly frequent - unity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error suddenly frequent - unity: Ran into a BSOD 5 times today only. Seems like a recent thing, it wasn't happening that often last year. Since it usually errors out when having Unity open, I tried updating the graphics driver, with no luck. It seems like other people in the office are also having a similar...
  4. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error suddenly frequent - unity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error suddenly frequent - unity: Ran into a BSOD 5 times today only. Seems like a recent thing, it wasn't happening that often last year. Since it usually errors out when having Unity open, I tried updating the graphics driver, with no luck. It seems like other people in the office are also having a similar...
  5. BSOD clock_watchdog_timeout error suddenly frequent - unity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. My Unity app will not run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Unity app will not run: Windows is an excellent system and is my absolute favorite to work on. I use the Unity Engine to develop software on my windows device. However, every time I create a test build of my app with no errors in the engine, either as a Windows Standalone 64-bit or a Universal...
  7. So I’m having a problem with downloads

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I’m having a problem with downloads: I downloaded something that wasn’t a file and I accidentally opened it with internet explorer and I can’t make it open it with what it was originally supposed to open with. submitted by /u/VIZION333 [link] [comments]...
  8. Office / Project Download

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Office / Project Download: Hello, I recently upgraded to a new computer with windows 10, however, it does not have a optical drive. Can I go somewhere to download the microsoft software I own? That software own and want to install Office Professional 2007 and Project 2003. Thanks for you Help. I need...
  9. Comp freezing and glitching while downloading

in Windows 10 Support
    Comp freezing and glitching while downloading: Hi, so my computer out of nowhere just started freezing and glitching when i download files. IF i download large files and multiple ones while using an internet downloadmanger it gets all laggy. IVe been downloading files the exact same way for years. Nothign had changed so...
  10. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905