Windows 10: So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...

Discus and support So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After putting the back on, I flipped my laptop lid up. The power light turn on which I didn't think happened tell you pressed the power button. Anyway,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by python coder, Jun 9, 2023.

1. So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...

After putting the back on, I flipped my laptop lid up. The power light turn on which I didn't think happened tell you pressed the power button. Anyway, so I quickly plug in my usb to boot from. After I got on the first page for windows installation, I couldn't move my mouse with the touch pad. So I hit esc and then confirmed cancellation, and my pc restarted. I tried it again and this time my touch pad worked. Could that problem be because I put in the usb after the power turn on? Anyway, after the second time of booting from a usb, I finished the installation and started the part where you se

:)

python coder, Jun 9, 2023

2. Install Win 11 to external M.2 SSD via laptop

Hello everyone, I purchased a new NVMe M.2 1TB SSD and my old 512gb SSD is in the laptop. I have a SSD reader by which I can connect the new SSD externally to the laptop. The new SSD is clean and I need to install Win 11 on that so that I can replace my laptop SSD with the new one. Can someone guide me through the steps for the same?

I have 2 SSDs, one in the laptop and one connected externally via the reader. Can it be done with these two options or do we need an additional device for the installation.

Rahul Chenna, Jun 9, 2023
  3. Tonyb Win User
    upgraded my laptop to a new crucial 500gb NVMe m.2 ssd

Means that it supports The older SSD SATA 3 style M.2 drives and the newer NVME m.2 , its a duel slot for both older style and newer NVME ones. i could do a clean install but only issue i have seen is the slow coming out of sleep mode and kind of strange . but that's it otherwise it functions fine.

Tonyb, Jun 9, 2023
  4. So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...

A new win install on a HDD messed up my win install on my m.2 SSD

So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences... 290034d1595970039t-new-win-install-hdd-messed-up-my-win-install-my-m-2-ssd-diskman.png

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I do think that is my problem, but I couldn't find a way to remedy it. Sorry for the screenshot being in Hungarian, if you need I can translate it. And don't mind the 500 MB partition, I tried to do a fix from a similar thread which suggested creating it, but later steps didn't prove successful.

giorgioblues, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...

1. So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences... - Similar Threads - installed SSD laptop

2. So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have just installed a new SSD on my laptop and I'm having some strange occurrences...: After putting the back on, I flipped my laptop lid up. The power light turn on which I didn't think happened tell you pressed the power button. Anyway, so I quickly plug in my usb to boot from. After I got on the first page for windows installation, I couldn't move my mouse...
  3. Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install new SSD in Laptop - but have issues!: Hi - have put a new disk into the laptop HP and the old drive is connected via USB - I also have a USB Media Creation tool image on a memory stick.Whilst the laptop will boot to the USB with the new image on it, it wont install - I guess because it wants to check I have a...
  4. Just bought some new ram it clicked it and I'm having issues.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Just bought some new ram it clicked it and I'm having issues.: I just bought some new ram that is the same one I have in my pc already and once it clicks in I go into the performance tab and it only says 1 out of 4 slots used and on other programs it says I don't have 2 slots of ram in use how do I fix this problem? submitted by...
  5. Strange Occurrence

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Strange Occurrence: Whenever i have no audio playing and my room is quiet, whenever i move my mouse i hear a noise in my headphones that sounds like a beep, and it holds the sound for as long as i am moving my mouse...
  6. I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD

I'm having trouble installing Windows 10 on my SSD: I tried to upgrade from an HDD to an SSD but couldnt install Windows 10 on it. I connected the cables, set the SATA mode to AHCI, set the boot order to Flash drive first and the installation started. But then, when I had to choose a hard drive to install Windows on it, the...
  7. I'm having some issues.

I'm having some issues.: I'm unable to open the download tool for Windows 10. Could there be something keeping me from opening it? It hasn't let me update it since Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-some-issues/ac0fe524-a75c-49fa-a333-efd329d60325
  8. I'm having a strange audio issue

I'm having a strange audio issue: I have the Realtek ALC887 onboard audio. The test button in the sound control panel is the only sound I can hear. I tried reinstalling the drivers, I tried troubleshooting it through windows, and getting the update that it suggested. I tried different versions of the Realtek...
  9. I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd

I'm having trouble installing to a new ssd: As the title says I've been trying to install to a new ssd that I got. I'm using the windows 10 media installation and I can't get past any sort of boot process for it. I have tried changing my settings in my bios to boot from UEFI but it's just getting stuck at the Asus...
  10. I have been having some problems which are really strange.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been having some problems which are really strange.: So here are the problems im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine. but at some point they give some error codes. The other problem is that windows keeps reverting settings whenever i restart my computer for example i...