Windows 10: So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable

Discus and support So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I ended up bypassing the network thing but I now can’t connect to the internetOn my laptopon my phoneIt’s an acer a515-46Please help I can’t install an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Benjamin Bladh, Dec 8, 2023.

1. So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable

I ended up bypassing the network thing but I now can’t connect to the internetOn my laptopon my phoneIt’s an acer a515-46Please help I can’t install an update and when I troubleshoot it just says your internet drive is either not installed or out of dateI’m not a tech savvy person I installed windows to get a new ssd to work it works but i can’t connect to the internet what do I do please respondAlso there is no internet button in the quick access thing just a grayed out airplane mode I did restart and try

:)

Benjamin Bladh, Dec 8, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Ethernet cable settings

Hi Campbell,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply to the follow questions to get a better understanding on the issue:

• What is the model number of your laptop?
    • Do you have a yellow exclamation on the network icon after connecting the cat 7 cable?

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Also, I suggest you to check the laptop manual or laptop manufacturer to know whether the Ethernet port of your laptop supports cat 7 cable.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2023
  3. Try3 Win User
    recognize ethernet ports for computer to computer network

I worked all this out for a Win7-WinXP direct ethernet computer-to-computer network and later amended it for a Win7-Win7 network.
    A step-by-step procedure for creating a two-computer Ethernet cable network - MSAForum
    You can use a crossover cable but do not have to.
    Doing this in Windows 10 is just about the same as doing it in Windows 7 but some diagrams look different & you have to look around for the equivalent settings in some cases.

But I suggest you do yourself a favour and get a router so that it does all the hard work for you.

Best of luck,
    Denis

Try3, Dec 8, 2023
  4. So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable

Computer not recognizing Ethernet cable

Hi Vijay, I appreciate your help.

I will try each step even if I've already done it, just to make sure, and post my results.

A. When I troubleshoot internet connections, it tells me “Plug an ethernet cable into this computer” and says my cable might be broken or disconnected. However of course i have tried a different working cable with no luck.

when I troubleshoot network adapter, it says “plug an Ethernet cable into the network adapter ‘Ethernet’” which of course has already been done so it is not recognizing it.

B. I tried every suggestion/step listed (except for the wifi troubleshooting since my computer doesn't have wifi) and none of them worked.

C. When I run the windows update troubleshooter, it tells me “download and install pending updates” (Maybe it is not up to date because I tried reinstalling windows 10 to see if that would fix the internet, but it did not. I updated it like last week or
    something like that) but of course I can't download the updates without internet. If I click “apply this fix” it tells me to plug in an Ethernet cable. But i believe windows 10 was up to date before this issue even began because I updated it just a week ago.

D. I do not understand this step. The guide is confusing to me. It also appears that I have to download tools in order to do this repair. I cannot download anything because my computer cannot connect to the internet. I don't have a USB flashdrive. I did
    try reinstalling Windows 10 though and it did not help.

EmersedPuma9503, Dec 8, 2023
Thema:

So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable

1. So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable - Similar Threads - installed got stuck

2. So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I installed windows got stuck on the network screen and i don’t have a Ethernet cable: I ended up bypassing the network thing but I now can’t connect to the internetOn my laptopon my phoneIt’s an acer a515-46Please help I can’t install an update and when I troubleshoot it just says your internet drive is either not installed or out of dateI’m not a tech savvy...
  3. Should I try to match my Ethernet cable to the Adapter I have installed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I try to match my Ethernet cable to the Adapter I have installed?: This may be a common question, but I cannot find any previous post about it. My PC's Ethernet adapter is an Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, which supports a 1GbE data transmission rate. Reading about Ethernet cables I am seeing many recommendations to purchase newer cat7...
  4. Should I try to match my Ethernet cable to the Adapter I have installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I try to match my Ethernet cable to the Adapter I have installed?: This may be a common question, but I cannot find any previous post about it. My PC's Ethernet adapter is an Intel® Ethernet Connection I219-V, which supports a 1GbE data transmission rate. Reading about Ethernet cables I am seeing many recommendations to purchase newer cat7...
  5. Should I try to match my Ethernet cable to the Adapter I have installed?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Windows 10 clean install and now I don’t have Ethernet controller driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 clean install and now I don’t have Ethernet controller driver?: So i did a clean install of windows 10 and i dont have a the ethernet controller driver? I cant connect to the internet so how do i get that driver?...
  7. Taskbar is stuck on the top of the screen, I don’t how’ve a genuine copy of windows so I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar is stuck on the top of the screen, I don’t how’ve a genuine copy of windows so I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Jumpysquid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/levjpt/taskbar_is_stuck_on_the_top_of_the_screen_i_dont/
  8. Network not show devices after I use ethernet cable

Network not show devices after I use ethernet cable: I was using ethernet for the server computer, while with wifi adapter for the 2nd desktop. Under NETWORK, I had both desktops showed. However, after I took the wifi adapter but connected the 2nd desktop as client with ethernet. The network doesn't show the server computer...
  9. I’m having this issue but I don’t have windows actually installed yet so I can’t do the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I’m having this issue but I don’t have windows actually installed yet so I can’t do the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Judah-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ip40me/im_having_this_issue_but_i_dont_have_windows/
  10. "Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection

"Network Cable Unplugged" on Ethernet Connection: Let's start at the beginning... In early November I broke my collarbone which resulted in my being out of work since. Being unable to really sit in my office at my desk (plugged directly into the modem as I typically am via ethernet), I moved my laptop downtairs and began...