Windows 10: So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen...

Discus and support So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says I run two screens both Samsung my second one is 60hz and also is running of an displayport but that one has no problem submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WebCake_, Nov 27, 2020.

1. So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen...

As the title says I run two screens both Samsung my second one is 60hz and also is running of an displayport but that one has no problem

submitted by /u/WebCake_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WebCake_, Nov 27, 2020
  2. M_P_ Win User

Windows 10 unstable in dual screen setup displayport + hdmi

I just changed my system from an intel i5 2500k to an amd r5 1600 and with almost the same hardware (only changed cpu, motherboard, ram and switched to a m2 ssd as windows drive) and windows version (freshly
    resinstalled) windows crashes when I turn my displayport screen on again in dual screen setup with an hdmi screen.

System Configuration:

Motherboard: MSI X370 gaming pro carbon

BIOS: 7A32v17 (AGESA 1.0.0.6)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200 (G-Skill F4-3200C16D-16GVKB)

GPU: MSI RX 480 gaming x 8GB

VBIOS: 015.050.000.000

GPU Driver: 17.7.1

Steps to Reproduce:

• Plug into gpu ports: BenQ XL2730Z @ displayport, Philips 273P3LPHES @ hdmi

• turn on pc and displays, wait for windows login

• turn off displayport display

• turn on displayport display

• what now happens: displayport display stays black (no signal), hdmi display turns black (no signal), pc unresponsive

• after 10 - 20 seconds pc reboots automatically
    Expected Behavior:

displayport display should turn on normally without crashing the pc in dual screen setup

Actual Behavior:

displayport display causes crash when turned on again

Additional Observations:

Turning the hdmi monitor off and on does not crash windows even if displayport display is plugged in.

Unplugging the hdmi monitor and turning the displayport monitor off and on does not crash windows.

I used the exact same hardware and drivers before with an Intel i5-2500k and an Asrock Extreme 3 gen 3 without these issues. Windows and drivers were completely reinstalled though after switching to Ryzen.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

3. 144Hz monitor working on windows 7 but not win10

According monitor's manual 2560x1440@144Hz is supported with both DisplayPort and HDMI 2.0. If you cannot reach this resolution following steps in manual you may ask a help from BenQ or Gigabyte support.

Igor Leyko, Nov 27, 2020
  4. So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen...

Cannot change display to 144hz, keep getting administrative error

Thanks for the reply, it is 144hz compatible as it's been at 144hz for a year now and it's a gaming monitor.

That said, I found a weird solution.. something that has kind of worked before when I've had similar issues. Other displayport cables don't work, but I used an HDMI cable on the 2nd monitor and suddenly it works, and
    my main monitor switched back to 144hz. This doesn't sound like a hardware issue, something related to windows or my drivers potentially?

I would like to run both as displayport because it allows my 2nd monitor to run at 144hz as well, any ideas?

Stormshire, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen...

1. So I just switched from hdmi to displayport to get 144hz but now sometimes my screen... - Similar Threads - switched hdmi displayport

2. Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal”: Just updated my computer and after that it has now black screened with “DisplayPort no signal” with my keyboard and mouse lighting up. Any suggestions on what to do. Here is everything I’ve tried so far: power cycling monitor, restarting computer, unplugging display port...
  3. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  4. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DisplayPort vs. HDMI?: Hello,I hope this message is going to the right place.I would like to connect a PC to a LED television and was wondering how to best go about doing it. I have a TV that will accept a VGA connector. In the past I have used a VGA cable to connect the computer to the TV but the...
  5. DisplayPort vs. HDMI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz: I'm getting a horizontal line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz. The line is very annoying and shows up in games and when browsing the internet. Is there anyway to fix this? It doesn't show up on 144hz refresh rate....
  7. Line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz: I'm getting a horizontal line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz. The line is very annoying and shows up in games and when browsing the internet. Is there anyway to fix this? It doesn't show up on 144hz refresh rate....
  8. Line on the bottom of my screen when switching from 144hz to 60hz

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. My PC doesn't detect my 144hz monitor through DisplayPort

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My PC doesn't detect my 144hz monitor through DisplayPort: Hey, I have a VG248QE, I was using it perfectly fine until it just wouldn't pick up DisplayPort, I would go into NVidia control panel, and it wouldn't even detect my main monitor there, sometimes it says it's plugged in but it says with DVI or even VGA sometimes, when I don't...
  10. screen flckering at 144hz with displayport cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen flckering at 144hz with displayport cable: Hi, So i just bought a new setup and my monitor flickers slightly but after time it starts to flicker rapidly. I've redownloaded windows several times, Ive clean booted my system, ive bought a new displayport cable. Ive ran sfc /scannow and DiSM.exe. Ive restarted task...