Windows 10: So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but...

Discus and support So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I updated my BIOS because it was 2 years old. submitted by /u/Vision919 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vision919, Jun 28, 2020.

1. So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but...

/u/Vision919, Jun 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jun 28, 2020
  3. techbuzz Win User
    MBR keeps corrupting after restart

I have a machine that when restarted or allowed to go into hibernation, I receive a missing/corrupted master boot record message and Windows doesn't boot. I am able to successfully repair the MBR each time using Windows recovery console, but I'm unable to determine what keeps making it happen.

Dell Latitude E6420
    Windows 7 64bit

Steps performed so far: -besides fixing the MBR after each restart or hibernation
    -ran system file checker sfc /scannow
    -ran chkdsk
    -verified that ACHI was enabled in the bios

If I can't figure this out I will end up just reinstalling the operating system, but I worried that the issue with just reoccur later down the line. Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

techbuzz, Jun 28, 2020
  4. So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but...

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 28, 2020
Thema:

So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but...

1. So I just updated my BIOS and after it restarted it keeps trying to automatic repair, but... - Similar Threads - updated BIOS restarted

2. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  3. PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keep restarting after BIOS update and upgrade CPU: So i just upgrade from ryzen 5 3400G to ryzen 5 5500, before i replace the CPU i updated the BIOS. at first boot it works perfectly fine and suddenly the pc restart itself with no BSOD, i try to find out the problem using the event viewer but the only critical error is...
  4. My pc won’t boot into the bios or windows automatically after restarting on windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc won’t boot into the bios or windows automatically after restarting on windows update: My newly built Pc with a asus z590-p board 32gb of ram 1tb 970 ssd and an intel i7 11700k, won’t boot into either windows 10 or the bios after its installation. I was able to use windows 10 before but then I had to update the computer and it restarted and didn’t display...
  5. My pc won’t boot into the bios or windows automatically after restarting on windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc won’t boot into the bios or windows automatically after restarting on windows update: My newly built Pc with a asus z590-p board 32gb of ram 1tb 970 ssd and an intel i7 11700k, won’t boot into either windows 10 or the bios after its installation. I was able to use windows 10 before but then I had to update the computer and it restarted and didn’t display...
  6. My pc won’t boot into the bios or windows automatically after restarting on windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. After Restart Device performs Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After Restart Device performs Automatic Repair: Greetings, I’ve bought this new PC and it been working fine for the past month. However I pressed a r button on my pc case which it supposed to reset my pc almost as restarting it. I’ve pressed this button and it somehow triggered automatic repair and none of the options seem...
  8. Restarting after the automatic repair again and again

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting after the automatic repair again and again: I have a wizbook laptop and it is redfox, my problem is it keeps restarting after scanning windows defender offline. After the scan it does not show the advance option and will restart again. The stop code was inaccessible boot device. Please help me regards on this issue....
  9. Automatic Restart After Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Restart After Automatic Update: Dear Microsoft, I purchased Windows 10 Pro licenses for all of my computers so I could stop automatic updates and automatic restarts. Why do you insist on doing automatic updates and automatic restarts in spite of my choice to not do this? I did a Google search for...
  10. My pc keeps on automatic repair but its just a loop i cant get out off the restarting pc 3...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc keeps on automatic repair but its just a loop i cant get out off the restarting pc 3...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Woefie24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb3nkv/my_pc_keeps_on_automatic_repair_but_its_just_a/