Windows 10: So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview...

Discus and support So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Spoodymen [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spoodymen, Jul 31, 2020.

1. So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview...

/u/Spoodymen, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

I'm having an issue with going to the next photo within a folder after zooming in the photo. If I do not zoom, I can freely use the navigation arrows or the keyboard arrows to the next or previous photo. As soon as I zoom in on the photo using Photo's
    zoom function or my mouse wheel, I can no longer navigate to the next photo using the navigation arrows or the keyboard arrows. The functionality does not return when I zoom completely out and return the photo to its previous full extent. In order to return
    the navigation arrows or use the keyboard arrow keys, I have to close the photo completely and reopen the photo. I have tried repairing and resetting the Photo app. And my system is currently up to date.

AnthonyDeLuca1, Jul 31, 2020
  3. JohnAOK Win User
    Am I the only one missing the arrows on the keyboard?

Trying to navigate that caret is like needling a thread.

The screen you see your text on is half because the keyboard fills up most of the screen making it even more difficult to place the caret in the exact place. I can get it close but to navigate one step up down left or right would be a great option.

Navigation Arrow Keys would be helpful even if they were under the shift or number option keyboard.

JohnAOK, Jul 31, 2020
  4. So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview...

Make a shift key behave like an arrow key

I have a Windows 10 laptop with a keyboard designed by idiots. They tried to cram the arrow keys where they don't belong, with the result that the up arrow key is between the right shift key and the / key (US keyboard layout). This is one of the stupidest things the designers could have done, because it means that when I go to hit the right shift key (which is most of the time), I end up hitting up arrow instead. This is incredibly annoying.

I found a program called Sharp Keys which allows me to remap the keys such that the up arrow behaves as shift and the right shift behaves as up arrow. Now, at least I can type. However, I've now lost important functionality for the up arrow key. Up arrow (now labeled "shift" on my keyboard) doesn't repeat. So, I can't just hold the key down to move up. Instead, I have to hit the key repeatedly. How can I fix this, so my right shift key behaves like up arrow and my up arrow key behaves like right shift?

EDIT

Following a suggestion from the comments, I installed AutoHotkey. I have the following script:

I have the same problem as earlier. But, since AHK is a scripting language, is it possible to use it to change the repeat behavior?

Scott Severance, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview...

1. So I like to navigate with arrows on keyboard and this (completely to me) annoying preview... - Similar Threads - navigate arrows keyboard

2. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  3. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects: Hello,in the explorer Win + E I navigate through folders pretty often with the arrow keys. When opening a folder with the key 'enter', no object is selected. When pressing the arrow 'down', the second object gets selected. Why not the first one? Because of this I alway have...
  4. Explorer Navigation with arrows selecting objects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard

Can No Longer Navigate Win Key + X Menu With Directional Arrows on Keyboard: Hi everyone, so I frequently use Win + X, and up until recently, I was able to navigate the options with the arrow keys on my keyboard, but for unknown reasons I recently am no longer able to do so and now have to manually click on the option that I want. Does anyone know how...
  6. How do I make it so "Polish Programmers" is the only available keyboard? It annoys me that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make it so "Polish Programmers" is the only available keyboard? It annoys me that...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Oicmorez [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jdf0dr/how_do_i_make_it_so_polish_programmers_is_the/
  7. How to turn of this button completely. its so annoying

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn of this button completely. its so annoying: how to turn this key off permanently[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-of-this-button-completely-its-so/aaa752c2-3123-4af0-b0a2-77016224e918
  8. Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work

Windows 10 - navigation arrows disappear after zooming and keyboard arrows no longer work: I'm having an issue with going to the next photo within a folder after zooming in the photo. If I do not zoom, I can freely use the navigation arrows or the keyboard arrows to the next or previous photo. As soon as I zoom in on the photo using Photo's zoom function or my...
  9. Missing navigation arrows in Explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing navigation arrows in Explorer: This concerns the latest update to Windows 10, version 1903, OS build 18362.267, installed on 8/2/2019. The navigation arrows that reveal the contents of folders have disappeared completely. The only way to see the contents is to double click the folder. This is cumbersome...
  10. Annoying GAP in Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying GAP in Navigation Pane: Is there some tweak to fix this gap in Build 17063? there was no GAP in the previous build. [img] 101455