Windows 10: So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device...

Discus and support So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KhawajaAbaid [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KhawajaAbaid, Jan 4, 2020.

1. So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device...

/u/KhawajaAbaid, Jan 4, 2020

2. No wifi driver post windows 10 install

Thanks for the reply. The driver is non existent, I.e. It doesn't appear in the device manager. Under network devices the only ones listed are Bluetooth related

thanks

JasperMowatt95, Jan 4, 2020
  3. No wifi driver post windows 10 install

Hi Jasper,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the Wi-fi driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network Adapter from the list.
    • Right click on the Wi-fi driver and click on the option Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 4, 2020
  4. So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device...

Wifi turns off automatically when a device is connected to my hotspot

Whenever a device is connected to my hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

To turn the Windows 10 hotspot on, in first step I have turned on the Wireless Network Connection as shown in the below image.

So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device... [​IMG]

After that I did following steps in Command Prompt(Admin) for hotspot
    1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=MyWiFi key=mypassword
    2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork

In netsh wlan show hostednetwork command, it shows the hotspot had started successfully as shown in the below image.

So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device... [​IMG]

But whenever a device is connected to this hotspot the wifi is turning off automatically thereby stopping the hotspot.

I have unchecked the Power management option i.e, Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
    All driver are updated to the latest versions.

Please help

luck pradeep, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device...

1. So i made a post yesterday about my wifi not turning on even though the driver said device... - Similar Threads - made post yesterday

2. So, Yesterday microsoft security appeared and said that a virus was detected and it said...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    So, Yesterday microsoft security appeared and said that a virus was detected and it said...: Also my driver updater says that i have 23 outdated drivers and 3 device tweaks.. So i did a quick scan out of panic and did an antivirus scan too. The antivirus scan just detected two viruses called HUAN or something like that. But the microsoft security quick scan hasn't...
  3. So, Yesterday microsoft security appeared and said that a virus was detected and it said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So, Yesterday microsoft security appeared and said that a virus was detected and it said...: Also my driver updater says that i have 23 outdated drivers and 3 device tweaks.. So i did a quick scan out of panic and did an antivirus scan too. The antivirus scan just detected two viruses called HUAN or something like that. But the microsoft security quick scan hasn't...
  4. So, Yesterday microsoft security appeared and said that a virus was detected and it said...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I recently made a post about overheating but I was wrong.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently made a post about overheating but I was wrong.: Hello, I found out why my PC is crashing thanks to people decoding the Minidump I got, and it turns out that the Windows NT kernal is crashing, and I quote from the person who helped, "The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that...
  6. I recently made a post about overheating but I was wrong.

I recently made a post about overheating but I was wrong.: Hello, I found out why my PC is crashing thanks to people decoding the Minidump I got, and it turns out that the Windows NT kernal is crashing, and I quote from the person who helped, "The PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA bug check has a value of 0x00000050. This indicates that...
  7. so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though...: so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though my headset was muted the only way to bypass this glitch or whatever it is, is to enable push to talk but i don’t want to keep clicking a button to talk and...
  8. so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though...

so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though...: so out of no where one day i joined my friends party and it said i was talking even though my headset was muted the only way to bypass this glitch or whatever it is, is to enable push to talk but i don’t want to keep clicking a button to talk and...
  9. Hi, I made a post about this yesterday, but am still needing help. I’m wanting to create a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi, I made a post about this yesterday, but am still needing help. I’m wanting to create a...: I tried everything, including deleting all antivirus software, unblocking the program, performing a clean boot. I also tried using Rufus. I downloaded the ISO straight from there and then tried to download it onto my usb stick, but I keep getting a download failed message....
  10. Win10 Automatic Reboot/Update even though I said not to.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win10 Automatic Reboot/Update even though I said not to.: I have Win10 pro and set to "notify to schedule restart" and "defer updates". Also have "give me updates for other MS products..." unchecked. However, Win10 just decided to reboot the computer and apply updates. What the heck is this? I had a major session of work going...