Windows 10: so i pressed shift 5 times accidentally while playing and that sticky keys thing popped up...

Discus and support so i pressed shift 5 times accidentally while playing and that sticky keys thing popped up... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/enzo-x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/y21ik8/so_i_pressed_shift_5_times_accidentally_while/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/enzo-x, Oct 12, 2022.

1. /u/enzo-x Win User

so i pressed shift 5 times accidentally while playing and that sticky keys thing popped up...

/u/enzo-x, Oct 12, 2022
  2. Anne Ros Win User

sticky keys

Hi,

Sticky keys dialog box appears when you have press the Shift key five times continuously. It also lets you use the Shift, Ctrl, ALT, or Windows Logo keys by pressing one key at a time. You can set up Sticky Keys from the Ease of Access Center on the Control
    Panel. Follow the steps below:

• Press the Shift key five times.
    • Once the dialog box appear, click the Go to the Ease of Access Center to disable keyboard shortcut link.
    • It will open the Set up Sticky Notes window in the Control Panel.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times option.
    • You can also set the settings to your desired option.

After doing so, check if the same pop-up will appear while playing the game.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Oct 12, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Sticky keys turning on after my computer sleeps

Hi,

Sticky Keys is a Windows Ease of Access feature that makes it possible to use keyboard shortcuts or type capital letters without needing to press more than one key at once. Since the sticky keys still turning back on when the Shift key is pressed 5 times, you
    can disable it by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type "Turn on easy access keys".
    • Press the Enter key.
    • Click Set up Sticky Keys.
    • Uncheck Turn on Sticky Keys when SHIFT is pressed five times.
    • Click Apply.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Oct 12, 2022
  4. RPG17A Win User

so i pressed shift 5 times accidentally while playing and that sticky keys thing popped up...

Is there a way I can make it so that Sticky Keys does NOT turn off after pressing shift five times?

Hi

I Have used sticky keys forever and know of no way to do what you ask but honestly when is there ever a need to press shift key 5 times apart from sticky keys, it has to be done consciously you can't accidently press a key 5 times.

RPG17A, Oct 12, 2022
Thema:

1. so i pressed shift 5 times accidentally while playing and that sticky keys thing popped up... - Similar Threads - pressed shift times

2. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  3. Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Both SHIFT keys not working, it is not Sticky key.: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got a...
  4. Why does the game bar pop up every time I press the shift P key to get a capital P.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the game bar pop up every time I press the shift P key to get a capital P.: The game box game bar is causing issue with my capitalization of shift P and M. Every time I press the shift P to get a capital letter, it shifts to the game bar. It is aggravating....
  5. Why does the game bar pop up every time I press the shift P key to get a capital P.

Why does the game bar pop up every time I press the shift P key to get a capital P.: The game box game bar is causing issue with my capitalization of shift P and M. Every time I press the shift P to get a capital letter, it shifts to the game bar. It is aggravating....
  6. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  7. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while: On my laptop system keyboard is not working unless i press the right shift key for a while.. and it is repeating What i have done trying to solve the problem:tested Keyboard with other PC everything works fineSearch for new driverdeinstall driver and restart PCChecked...
  8. Keyboard is not working unless i press right shift key for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. I pressed F11 5 times...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I pressed F11 5 times...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Daniel_Maisuradze [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u52x7x/i_pressed_f11_5_times/
  10. both shift keys not working - not sticky keys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    both shift keys not working - not sticky keys: Both shift keys stopped working, although if I press them for long enough on and off then they resume, and will continue working for the most part unless I stop typing for a short while. At first it required pressing just a couple of times for them to work again and it got...