Windows 10: So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

Discus and support So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gamesdrop [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Gamesdrop, May 5, 2020.

1. So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

/u/Gamesdrop, May 5, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

@travva : Doesn't your script delete all files in a directory that are over 1MB in size?

Shouldnt that line be .... for %%j in (*) do if %%~zj lss 10000 del %%j ... to delete files smaller than 10k ?

Kreij, May 5, 2020
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, May 5, 2020
  4. macbeth Win User

So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

Cannot delete files in Temp

There are a few files that i cant delete in
    C:\Documents and Settings\1st User\Local Settings\Temp
    which are ~DF567B.tmp, ~DFB71E.tmp, ~ROMFN_000007A8 and Perflib_Perfdata_7a8.dat. And some times there are a few more.
    What are these files and why cant they be deleted?

macbeth, May 5, 2020
Thema:

So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are...

1. So I reset my PC without deleting the files and after I did it the files that I had are... - Similar Threads - reset without deleting

2. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  3. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot: So i did a "reset this pc" and my pc wont boot now i does not even go to the login screen only thing i see is my motherboard name on my screen for a few secunds and then it goes black and over and over again i did not touch my pc and it just keep reseting from the only screen...
  4. So i did a "Reset this pc" and my pc wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files": Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable....
  6. “Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.

“Reset PC without deleting files” but still deleted files.: I recently reset my PC without deleting files to resolve an issue i have been having with my keyboard. It not only did not resolve my issues, but it did not save my files either. Any possible ways to recover them? I have tried a few things but figured I would go here next....
  7. Reset PC without deleting personal files

Reset PC without deleting personal files: I have tried many times to reset my PC without deleting my personal files but every time I got the same error message at around 50% of the resetting process. "There was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made." Please help me! * Want to reset pc but don't want...
  8. Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Had Microsoft Store problems - did "Reset My PC" deleting all files, Immediately after...: As the title says...I'm perplexed - I didn't even want to resetthe system, and I'm at a loss as to what the hell is going on at this point, I'm not even a long-term win10 user just a couple weeks in, so the fact that this happened so fast in the first place blows my mind....
  9. "Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...

"Reset this pc" did not delete the file windows.old even when i chose to delete everything...: Does this mean that resetting my pc was not successful or does this process delete everything besides that folder ? Also does this mean there may be some other things that my laptop may have not deleted some other things ? Or is it only this folder that is able to remain...
  10. I deleted my files when I did the PC reset

I deleted my files when I did the PC reset: Can I recover my files after permanently deleting my files (pictures, downloads, documents, etc. ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-deleted-my-files-when-i-did-the-pc-reset/0ad65e47-0f9f-4a05-94ca-5fd4abae66ee