Windows 10: So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then...

Discus and support So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vision919 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Vision919, Jun 10, 2020.

1. So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then...

/u/Vision919, Jun 10, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Clean the Virus

Hi,

Virus infection usually happens on a computer when it is exposed to an infected website or removable devices. For us to help you clean the malware on your device, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows are you using?
    • Did you encounter any error messages related to having a virus infection on your device?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running any available antivirus software on your PC. It would be very helpful to us if you could also provide the result of the antivirus scan process.

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 10, 2020
  4. So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then...

Clean the Virus

As i know, your computer is affected by virus don't worry here are the solution.

First step: delete all temp files from your computer.

Second step: if you don't have paid antivirus download and Install any free antivirus from internet and run full scan it may take some time but don't worry it will remove all kind of virus from your system.

Third step: run Windows defender it has a trusted inbuillt antivirus protection from Microsoft.

Ashish Anand_01, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then...

1. So I was cleaning out my cousins computer b/c he accidentally installed a virus, and I then... - Similar Threads - was cleaning cousins

2. I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so...

in Windows 10 Customization
    I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so...: I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so how do I remove them? I already looked at a video and it didn't work. I tried to go into the settings but I didn't find anything....
  3. I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so...: I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so how do I remove them? I already looked at a video and it didn't work. I tried to go into the settings but I didn't find anything....
  4. I was cleaning my taskbar and I accidentally turned on the little icons in the corner so...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I need to clean out my storage Windows C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need to clean out my storage Windows C:: I need to free up space in my Windows C: and I am not sure which files are the ones that keep windows running smoothly and which files I can uninstall to free up space in my hard drive. Please help!!!!!!!...
  6. I need to clean out my storage Windows C:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to clean out my storage Windows C:: I need to free up space in my Windows C: and I am not sure which files are the ones that keep windows running smoothly and which files I can uninstall to free up space in my hard drive. Please help!!!!!!!...
  7. I need to clean out my storage Windows C:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. accidentally installed a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    accidentally installed a virus: so for the first time in a while I managed to download a virus from a fake blender website that automatically closes chrome any time i open it, I installed frst but now I need a fixlist that i am not sure how to get, any help would be greatly appreciated. I will send the frst...
  9. I accidentally downloaded a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally downloaded a virus: I accidentally downloaded a virus and it deleted some important files like windows10upgrade. I tries rebooting my drives completly and it didnt work. I think its because it deleted windows10upgrade. If anyone can help me i will be grateful...
  10. If I format my C drive for clean installation.......

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I format my C drive for clean installation.......: I would like to clean install my Desktop PC having Windows 10 Pro 10586 OS upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to OS 10240 and from 10240 to 10586. If I format my C drive and use my bootable Recovery USB, will it be possible to install OS with it. Please note that this was created a...