Windows 10: So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my...

Discus and support So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/imdodomaster [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imdodomaster, Feb 9, 2023.

1. So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my...

/u/imdodomaster, Feb 9, 2023
  2. Alainikus Win User

Power Outage

Hi there, I just had a power outage and i'm worried that my windows installation will be damaged. I have an SSD. Should there be any steps I should do now? What should I check?

Alainikus, Feb 9, 2023
  3. Power outage caused programs to disappear and/or become disfunctional

Hello,

There are few factors that can contribute to the issue you are encountering. Power outages can result in data loss, corruption of folders/files, and programs not functioning.

To assist you further, kindly provide more details by answering the following questions:

• Which browser are you using to check the passwords and favorites section? Provide the list of browsers where you encountered the concern.
    • Have you tried using another account to verify if the programs are still missing on your program list?

There is a possibility that the drive index has been corrupted. We highly suggest that you check your hard drive and scan for errors by following these steps:

• Open This PC on File Explorer and locate your hard drive.
    • Right-click and choose Properties.
    • Under Tools tab, click on Check Now button.

After scanning the hard drive, hidden files and folders, as well as lost data can be restored.

Additionally, we advise running the System File Checker as another way for us to check or scan for data corruptions in Windows system files that can be affected by the power outage. To do so, follow the steps on this article:

Using System File Checker in Windows 10.

Let us know of any details pertaining to your concern.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 9, 2023
  4. boweasel Win User

So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my...

Display Problem After Power Outage in Middle of Windows Updates

Yeah, I get you about treating the symptoms. I just couldn't see how a power outage in the middle of a Windows update would adversely affect a video card and / driver.

Since it's really not my PC and my friend is an insurance agent with a ton of insurance company software sitting on it - software that he'd have to jump through a fair number of hoops to reinstall, I'll try deleting the video driver and then rebooting. And if that doesn't work, I'll go with Bree's Repair Install suggestion.

Thanks for the replies, folks. I'll let you know what happens.

boweasel, Feb 9, 2023
Thema:

So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my...

1. So i was restarting my windows and there was a power outage in the middle, when i turned my... - Similar Threads - was restarting was

2. I had a power outage when I was resetting my computer and now I can’t open windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a power outage when I was resetting my computer and now I can’t open windows: I was trying to reset a hard drive for a friend of mine but a power outage happened at 50% and now I get an error saying “the computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. Yo install windows, click OK to restart the...
  3. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  4. my laptop restart when i turn it on

my laptop restart when i turn it on: when i updated windows my laptop restart when i turn it on so i run a troubleshooter on windows update and it detect WaaSMedicService Issues remediated by :AutomaticCorruptionRepairPlugin;ResetRepairPlugin what does it mean? And how to fix it?...
  5. my laptop restart when i turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  7. I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.

I had a power outage while I was resetting my computer.: My power went out while factory resetting my computer and I can’t do anything on it now. My wallpaper is all black, my taskbar is all white with no applications on it and I am unable to open my search. When I boot it up, I see the Welcome screen for 10+ minutes and I have...
  8. BSOD when I power on (not when I restart) my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD when I power on (not when I restart) my PC: When I power on my pc, I can use it for approximately 30 minutes, and later it shows a BSOD with CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION. I found a way to avoid this BSOD, simply restarting my PC from the lockscreen without logging in. I have contacted Microsoft Support, and they said...
  9. I Hate the Power Outages

in Windows 10 Support
    I Hate the Power Outages: The reason why I hate the power outages is because using the laptops is considered the best for me. I carry my laptop for the on-the-go tasks. Plus, I am not interested in using the desktops. 160312
  10. Display Problem After Power Outage in Middle of Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Problem After Power Outage in Middle of Windows Updates: My friend has an HP Pavilion P6874 upgraded from W7 to W10 a few years ago. He tells me that everything was great on the computer until the other week. While the tower was in the midst of installing updates the power in their house went out (not computer related). When the...