Windows 10: so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

Discus and support so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; https://i.imgur.com/kI9ydtr.png why does it look like this https://i.imgur.com/yZ58YXK.png drives that are plugged in via USB are fine how do i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ComputerGuy4157, Mar 18, 2019.

1. so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

ComputerGuy4157, Mar 18, 2019

2. windows 10 internal drive d how to take back ownership of the hardrive?

Hi Steve,

To help you with your concern regarding the internal hard drive, let me suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Right-click on the Drive D:
    • Select Properties
    • Click Security tab then select Advanced
    • Select Change after the Owner: line

Please let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 18, 2019
  3. Change external hard drive icon?

Hi, I have two quick questions. I have a western digital ext. hard drive and when i installed it, the icon was messed up and it is just one of those white error icons. is there a way to change it?

and seecond question. I was trying to change the icon, and accidently messed something up. not quite sure what, but whenever i double click on my hard drive to open it, instead of opening up the contents it opens up a search in a new window. anyway to change that?

Thanks for any help.

Pitchblack1110, Mar 18, 2019
  4. so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess

1. so icons for internal drives on my PC are a mess - Similar Threads - icons internal drives

2. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  3. my icons are completely messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...
  4. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  5. One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive has messed up my documents on a new PC: I've researched this but not found a solution.When I installed windows on a new pc One Drive was on by default. I've since followed the tutorial to turn off managment of any folders on this PC and to stop it syncing any folders. I've unlinked this PC from the one drive...
  6. So here's the mess I'm in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So here's the mess I'm in: So far I've been having a hellish experience with windows 10 and after a recent update some things have been happening. One thing I noticed was the sudden inability to access the action center along with the inability to access the sound setting in the task bar. Both of those...
  7. Bitlocker messed up my drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker messed up my drive: I started the encryption on an empty 1T Sata drive. I used the "Encrypt entire Drive" option. After 16 hrs it was till showing 0% Completed in the Bitlocker Drive Encryption window so I turned off the computer. When I restarted it the driver disappeared and it doesn't show...
  8. I messed up my icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my icons: Kinda new to windows and did something odd, dont know how to change it back. I downloaded a .rar file, and did not have any program associated with opening it. I had 7zip installed, but not set as the default for that type of file. I right clicked the .rar and selected "open...
  9. I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    I find the ID (internal) of System Drive Icon for customize my Windows: Hi I like to personalize my Windows and i know changing my drive icon by "autorun.inf"... Like this : [Autorun] icon=myicon.ico - But for an unwritable drive is useless. *Huh I know changing by "regedit.exe"... I can using drive letter like C: D: or other like this :...
  10. Is my internal hard drive damaged?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my internal hard drive damaged?: I have a 1tb internal hard drive from an old laptop that i have not used. But might have stored very little if any. I put it in an enclosure and connected it via usb to my chromebook. When i did this, i noticed it showed the files etc. But because im not that familiar with...