Windows 10: So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...

Discus and support So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Darrenlake2504 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Darrenlake2504, Dec 2, 2019.

1. So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...

/u/Darrenlake2504, Dec 2, 2019

2. how to move documents pictures etc folders from C: OS ssd to D: data hdd

how do I move documents pictures etc folders from C: OS ssd to D: data hdd

PeterGaywood1, Dec 2, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Dec 2, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...

ssd and hdd free up space

Hi Joshuabv

With a 30GB SSD and 1TB HDD, the best option is to move your User Library folders onto the HDD to free space

Open Windows File Explorer

At the top right, right click Documents and choose Properteis

Click on the location tab of the resulting Dialog

In the Location Box, type D:\Documents

Then click Apply and OK

Wait for that process to complete

Then do the same for your Pictures and Videos Folder, each time specify a different folder, for example, Pictures goes to D:\Pictures

From then on all data saved to Documents, Pictures or Videos will automatically save to your HDD, not the SSD

DaveM121, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept...

1. So I'm trying to move the Documents and Pictures folder from my SSD to HDD, and this kept... - Similar Threads - I'm trying move

2. Move my OS from HDD to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move my OS from HDD to SSD: If I move my OS to my SSD from my HDD, whether I decide to clone the hard drive or do a clean Reinstall, will it still recognize my desktop? like will all of my applications still be installed and will all of my games be installed along with all of my save files and/or memory...
  3. Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems moving Documents & Pictures folders from OneDrive folder: Hi. I have a new laptop which I am just setting up to my liking and I didn't want OneDrive. This may have been a mistake but I have cleaned out all the files from the cloud and uninstalled OneDrive from my computer. I have been left with a OneDrive folder in my users/name...
  4. Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem Trying to move Documents from SSD to HDD on Win10 1909: I moved my Documents from SSD to HDD from the tutorial, but instead of it being moved it duplicated it. I verified that the HDD will be the default for documents but I am not sure if I should delete the documents file on the SSD drive. I also moved the downloads folder and...
  5. Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  6. Moving my OS from HDD to SSD

Moving my OS from HDD to SSD: Hey guys, Doing a massive overhaul of my computer and finally moving my OS to my HDD to SSD. New everything, the only things I am keeping is my power supply and HDD. I read that to do it without wiping, I'd need a cloning tool. However, I don't care enough about that. All...
  7. Moving User folder from SSD to HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving User folder from SSD to HDD: Hi, I'm trying to move my User folder from the SSD to the HDD but when I open the folder properties to do it, the "location" tab isn't present. Is there an easy fix for this? TIA...
  8. Move my os from a HDD into a SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move my os from a HDD into a SSD: Greetings. What's the best FREE tool/method to simply move the os from a 1tb HDD into a 120gb SSD? I don't need to save personal files or anything since the HDD will remain as a secondary drive. But almost every single guide I found is suggesting using a paid software (like...
  9. My SSD is failing so tried to move W10 from SSD to HDD. Somehow wound up with 2 bootable...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD is failing so tried to move W10 from SSD to HDD. Somehow wound up with 2 bootable...: When I remove the SSD, it boots only into bios (sysbios?) and says there is no operating system installed. This means that the SSD is somehow still viewed as the master. But I want to remove the SSD entirely because when I use system diagnostics to check the SSD, it always...
  10. Moving from HDD to SSD

Moving from HDD to SSD: Hello, I recently decided to buy a new 1TB SSD to “replace” my current and only HDD. I’ve been using my HDD for some time now and I wanted to make the SSD my windows 10 boot drive but I’m not sure how to do this. I wanted to make it a clean install so I can add my programs...