Windows 10: So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.

Discus and support So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this laptop for a year ago and i dont know what had gone wrong whenever i plug my laptop charger and left it ideal or working on it after 2 min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SparshVerma, Dec 4, 2021.

1. So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.

I have this laptop for a year ago and i dont know what had gone wrong whenever i plug my laptop charger and left it ideal or working on it after 2 min my laptop completely freezes and then i have to force restart it.After restating when i remove the charger and it work completely fine and after connecting to charger again the same situation happens with a continuous sound mad by the HDD , I tried to waiting till my computer unfreeze but i doesn't but when i unplug the charger after some it unfreezes i don't know what is happening is it the adapter or the HDD itself or something else. Please he

:)

SparshVerma, Dec 4, 2021
  2. ozan0053 Win User

Laptop goes to sleep mode after plugging in charger

Hello.

I have a ASUS X550C laptop. The original charger broke, so i bought a charger for it at my local market (the brand is "Innergie"), which also works for ASUS laptops. Now since i got this charger, i was experiencing issues where my laptop would randomly go to sleep mode, however, i resolved this issue by turning computer on, removing the charger, and plugging it back in. That seemed to fix it. However, recently, this method stopped working. My computer runs completely fine when it is unplugged, however, when i plug it in, i get a "Low battery" warning (even though i HAD 72% battery), and the laptop immediately goes to sleep mode. Trying to turn it on is useless. It will only turn on if the charger isn't plugged.

Any advice?

PS: I have already changed all my power & sleep options. Everything is set to "Never".

ozan0053, Dec 4, 2021
  3. LemP Win User
    HP G72 laptop charging cord plug issues

Laptop chargers have two wires that connect to the charger itself (the "brick"). One wire connects from the charger to the computer and the other connects from the wall outlet ("mains power") to the charger.

On many chargers, including the one for the HP G72, the wire that plugs into the wall outlet can be disconnected from the charger, but the wire that connects from the charger to the computer is permanently connected to the charger. The reason that the wire
    to the wall outlet disconnects is so that the same charger unit can be sold with a wire and plug that is appropriate for different wall outlets in different countries.

I think you left some words out of your sentence.

• Does one of the wires not stay connected? If so, which one?

• Or do the "solid white light" and the "orange charging light" not stay lit when everything is connected?

• Does "replaced cord" mean that you bought a complete new charger (which comes with the two wires described above) or you only purchased the wire that goes between the wall outlet and the charger?

Regardless of what you bought, it sounds as if you need a new charger. Plug a lamp into a wall outlet to confirm that the wall outlet has power. Then remove the laptop's battery and connect the charger to both the wall outlet and the laptop. If the laptop
    does not turn on, you need a new charger.

If it's the latter, and the battery does not charge nor does the laptop get power even when all the wires are plugged in to their respective connections, then you need a new charger.

It's possible, but far less likely, that the charger is OK but the circuitry inside the computer is damaged. The only way to determine if the charger is OK (aside from the test described above) is to measure the output voltage with a test meter.

When buying a replacement charger, you need to look for 3 things (see the pictures here
    http://tinyurl.com/y7a6ptrj):

1. The connector tip (the part that physically connects to the computer). This must be the same size and shape as the original charger's connector. Most after market chargers that claim compatibility with your specific model will almost certainly at least
    have the correct connector tip.

2. The charger's output voltage. This is shown on the label on the charger. The standard charger for your laptop has an output voltage of 18.5 volts

3. The charger's output current. This is shown on the label on the charger. The standard charger for your laptop has an output current of 3.5 amperes.

The charge should also indicate "watts" which is its power rating. The standard charger is 65 watts.

A "heavy duty" charger is also permissible for your computer. This is 90 watts with an output voltage of 19 volts and an output current of 4.74 amperes.

LemP, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Toothless Win User

So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.

Laptop charger

So my laptop charger decided to crap out on me suddenly, and I need to for my classes and whatnot while my desktop awaits a motherboard replacement. Where is a good place to get laptop chargers online?

( Laptop is a HP Pavilion G7 1368DX )

Toothless, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.

1. So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes. - Similar Threads - I'm using laptop

2. Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...: Whenever I plug my computer to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my computer shuts down. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-plug-my-laptop-to-charger-an-empty-cmd/45156bbb-ec57-48c3-8697-029ced814b38
  3. I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11": Since i upgraded to Windows 11 on my laptop i a get blue screen whenever i plug in the charger, but if i am using it with a full charge it works normally...
  4. I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I get BSOD whenever i plug in my laptop's charger "Windows 11": Since i upgraded to Windows 11 on my laptop i a get blue screen whenever i plug in the charger, but if i am using it with a full charge it works normally...
  5. Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?: Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-dangerous-for-my-laptop-to-be-always-plugged/7c627c83-37d2-4d65-8a09-f61fe6eb80a0
  6. Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?

Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using?: Is it dangerous for my laptop to be always plugged in with the charger while using? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-it-dangerous-for-my-laptop-to-be-always-plugged/7c627c83-37d2-4d65-8a09-f61fe6eb80a0
  7. So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.

So I'm using my HP laptop and whenever I plug in the charger it completely freezes.: I have this laptop for a year ago and i dont know what had gone wrong whenever i plug my laptop charger and left it ideal or working on it after 2 min my laptop completely freezes and then i have to force restart it.After restating when i remove the charger and it work...
  8. Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop freezes when charger is not plugged in.: What should I do? My laptop freezes ever second when charger is not plugged in. I am using Lenovo E4430 i7 8gb ram 128ssd NVIDIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes-when-charger-is-not-plugged-in/8581f8eb-b1ba-4b18-b34a-93d10dfa885a
  9. Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger

Laptop Always Gets a BSOD Whenever I Plug it into the Charger: For a few months now, my laptop has been been getting many BSOD errors and they always give me the same exact error. I thought I had fixed it and now runs smoothly whenever I am using it, but now whenever I plug my laptop in to continue using it while it charges, I would...
  10. Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in

Asus Laptop Freezes Completely after a while when charger is plugged in: Hello. I am facing a problem with Asus X541NA laptop Windows 10. I don't know whether it is ASUS or Windows 10 but, as soon as I plug the charger in after a while the laptop will freeze completely and I am not able to do anything apart from making a force shutdown from the...