Windows 10: So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons?

Discus and support So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been happening for awhile driving me crazy till I figured it out. I've had horrible mouse inconsistency, random acceleration, a feeling like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/extremeperson123, Sep 29, 2020.

1. So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons?

This has been happening for awhile driving me crazy till I figured it out. I've had horrible mouse inconsistency, random acceleration, a feeling like the cursor is being pulled or magnetized to certain locations on the screen. I tried absolutely everything to get rid of it, I tried messing with game settings, clean installing, obscure registry tweaks, absolutely gimping win10 through group policy, then I realized what's happening.

It's like the desktop icons have a gravitational pull towards them. The mouse will accelerate twice as fast moving towards them as it does away from them, if i draw circles the cursor will slowly get pulled towards them even if i move them to the second monitor (makes it worse in fact). Anyone know what's going on here? I fixed it by just removing all my desktop icons. Obviously not the most elegant solution but I'm out of settings to mess with lol. I've tried multiple mice and no other uses as well it's quite clearly software related, however as I've said this happens even on a clean boot so idk.

submitted by /u/extremeperson123
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/extremeperson123, Sep 29, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons

Hello Charles,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Are you using any 3rd-party antivirus software?
    • Check if the Auto arrange icons is enabled, refer to the steps below:
    • Right-click on your Desktop, hover your mouse cursor to View.
    • Click on Auto arrange icons to disable the feature.
    • Kindly send us a screenshot of your Desktop icons.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Sep 29, 2020
  4. So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons?

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons?

1. So is anyone else's cursor being pulled towards the desktop icons? - Similar Threads - anyone else's cursor

2. Anyone else can't sort virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone else can't sort virtual desktops?: [ATTACH] In Win+Tab view, I'm not able to sort the virtual desktops by dragging. Nor am I able to see the options when I right-click one one (see attached). Anyone else seeing this? I'm running win10 Pro....
  3. Cursor comes on last icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor comes on last icon on desktop: Every time on start window cursor comes on last icon on desktop automatically and opens the same app. This makes windows startup and working very slow...
  4. Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons on Desktop are slow to respond to the cursor: After a certain number of shortcuts the delay gets bigger with my cursor and the icon being highlighted. It's not my hardware's fault I have a good computer....
  5. Anyone else haveing issuse with the office apps start menu icons being a totally diffrent...

Anyone else haveing issuse with the office apps start menu icons being a totally diffrent...: [ATTACH] I noticed this after in had to reinstall Windows 2004. Is this a new design or a glitch? https://preview.redd.it/8u1hppbppic51.png?width=716&format=png&auto=webp&s=8f0f900fbc5e35abed4cb9a51acb05a420a4503a submitted by /u/ColonialTransitFan95 [link] [comments]...
  6. My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive

My desktop icons and desktop are not being responsive: After I installed the Windows 10 update all of my desktop icons disappeared and it did not allow me to interact with the desktop background. I tried to reload explorer.exe but it wasn't running in the first place and restart my computer. I am very confused on why it is...
  7. Is this happening to anyone else?

Is this happening to anyone else?: Here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Agsf-t-6PRlplx57lMwb_2E4qJG- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-this-happening-to-anyone-else/efa3e6ac-10d4-4a04-ba7d-62fece1b3add
  8. Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?

Anyone else missing there windows tray icons?: [ATTACH] Lost my icons today and can't figure out why ... or how to even get them back. Also I noticed that when I go to "Turn System Icons on of off they are grey out and I can't change them with the exception of the clock. Anyone have any insight on how to fix these...
  9. Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?

in Windows 10 Support
    Eject device icon wrong for anyone else?: I've been noticing lately that everyone but me has that new generation flat style icon for the eject device handler. Mine looks the same as in 7 (at the bottom): [img] Does anyone have thoughts about this? 40083
  10. Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone else having trouble using Peek to preview the desktop?: I have it enabled. But sometimes I have to move my mouse to the far right of the taskbar several times before it finally works. It's irritating. I don't understand why Microsoft didn't at least give us the option to put a Peek button on the taskbar like Windows 7 has. 26140