Windows 10: So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!!

Discus and support So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Ok so the problem is that I cant use certain apps on my taskbar and i cant use certain programs ie wont open or do anything things that dont work:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AcKoOoKiE, Oct 18, 2020.

1. AcKoOoKiE Win User

So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!!

Ok so the problem is that I cant use certain apps on my taskbar and i cant use certain programs ie wont open or do anything

things that dont work:

Cant open settings

cant use pictures

cant open Microsoft store and sea of thieves

cant use the searchbar that's on the taskbar

If I press the windows icon that's beside the searchbar nothing happens

Cant open display settings : "This file does not have an app associated with it for preforming this action, Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default App Settings page."

There's probably more stuff that doesn't work but I haven't found yet

Also I just have updated my NVIDIA graphics drivers but this was all happening before this

Also I cant update! I'm trying to update from 1909 to 2004 using the Windows Update Assistant but whenever I try it doesn't complete and I get error code: 0x800700c1

A couple months ago I had done an In-place upgrade to try to fix Microsoft Store Which did nothing btw as reccomended by a Microsoft Support agent but I feel like it's not what is causing this problem.

PLEASE HELP!

:)

AcKoOoKiE, Oct 18, 2020

2. Windows 10, 1607: What i dont like.

Same comment here. I also have an expanded list of all "apps" in my start list. Someone suggested Classic Shell. I tried it for a while but would rather just clean up the Start provided with Windows. If there's a way to get rid of the expanded Apps list, I'd like to try it.

pokeefe0001, Oct 18, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. So many core apps like settings and such dont work and I can't update!! - Similar Threads - many core apps

2. I dont know if there are so many updates or im just stuck on one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I dont know if there are so many updates or im just stuck on one: I got a new ssd not too long ago and I wanted to use it as my boot so I copied my other windows over to my new ssd but that didn't work so I used my old crapy ssd witch had an old windows 10 version which at the time I didn't know. not too long ago, I was trying to download...
  3. I dont know if there are so many updates or im just stuck on one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I dont know if there are so many updates or im just stuck on one: I got a new ssd not too long ago and I wanted to use it as my boot so I copied my other windows over to my new ssd but that didn't work so I used my old crapy ssd witch had an old windows 10 version which at the time I didn't know. not too long ago, I was trying to download...
  4. I dont know if there are so many updates or im just stuck on one

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. So many apps

So many apps: With so many free call apps around nowadays, which one is the very best in the world for smartphones? I wanna call Brazil from el salvador for free and talk for at least one hour. Viber, letscall, callfree, ect… with so much competing apps and companies offering this kind of...
  6. Help so many things not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help so many things not working!: Ok so there’s many things where if I click them they don’t open or do anything, I’ll list them now: Settings won’t open Can’t use search bar in left corner When I click the windows icon on desktop in left corner nothing happens Can’t open display settings Sea of thieves...
  7. So many updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many updates: Do we really need all of them? Can we get rid of some of the old ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-updates/d6df72e3-3514-4669-867c-a25fd99526c3
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.

Many Windows Apps like calculator, photos, and store not working.: Hello all, I am new here and have never posted before so sorry if I do something wrong. I previously I had a problem with the start button and Cortana not working and I did some research and fixed that issue. Unfortunately I cannot recall how I fixed this issue. I think I...