Windows 10: so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

Discus and support so many error messages after the new update! please help!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i don’t even know where to start as far as error messages go but all i know is that yesterday while i was on my dell XPS one 2710, i was prompted a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Triforce_CWP, Jun 11, 2020.

1. so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

i don’t even know where to start as far as error messages go but all i know is that yesterday while i was on my dell XPS one 2710, i was prompted a message that it was in need of an update. naturally i agreed bc in my experience updates are supposed to help your computer rather than kill them. i have only had this cpu for about a year. before that my mom had it and used it very minimally. i’ve never had a single issue with an update from this computer. well today, i wake up to my computer starting up normally just to find that anything i click on receives an error message. all different types. it started with microsoft edge, then settings, and so on. everything that i’ve looked up has a separate article about a certain issue i am trying to fix but each one dives me deeper into another rabbit hole bc i need to fix a prior problem before i can even tackle the current one. i am pretty much at a loss bc everything i find online is only one issue in detail and like i said it just opens up another underlying problem for me to even be able to get to that issue. everything i have tried hasn’t worked. mostly bc nothing will open up. i can pretty much only open the control panel and it hasn’t gotten me anywhere. i can post photos of the different error messages but so far i just need a lot of help on where to begin or any help of experience, if any, that someone has had with this.

submitted by /u/Triforce_CWP
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Triforce_CWP, Jun 11, 2020

2. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    1. Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    2. Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    3. Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

1. Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    the witcher demo

^ what they said will both work. i suggest updating directX, and in the future please try and list the exact error message... and i want a muffin.

Mussels, Jun 11, 2020
  4. n2bn2b Win User

so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

1. so many error messages after the new update! please help!!! - Similar Threads - many error messages

2. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  3. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  4. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. So many errors at once please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many errors at once please help: So lemme start from first like I was using adrenaline 21.4.1 version for my laptop which was creating problems in Fullscreen games so according to Microsoft forums I downgraded and everything was fine until I found that my settings now never opened even the search keeps on...
  6. so many error messages and Blue Screens

so many error messages and Blue Screens: Hello everyone, I'm Jim, Ive posted on this site before but not for a long time as Ive had luck with my machines running well. However at the moment I'm having trouble with errors and blue screens. I'm on Win version 1090 OS Build 1863.1379. The machine is an older build...
  7. Please help with error message

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help with error message: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/vangsterxll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ffp3wp/please_help_with_error_message/
  8. Many Errors, Please Help me.

Many Errors, Please Help me.: Okay lets start from the very beginning. I shipped my pc via check-in luggage from my working country to my home country. Next, i set up my computer the way i did back in my working country. However to my surprise the computer booted and i arrives at my desktop, but my...
  9. So. Many. errors.

So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  10. So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can: Hi - I really really hope somebody can help My monitor died the other day and I replaced it with a very old square monitor until the new one arrived (today) I noticed that the Windows key had stopped working and the windows icon no longer opened the start menu but assumed...