Windows 10: So many issues!

Discus and support So many issues! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am pulling my hair out over here. I just got a new SSD today and installed a brand new clean installation of Windows 10 on it. First problem I notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarrettMG, Sep 11, 2020.

1. GarrettMG Win User

So many issues!

I am pulling my hair out over here. I just got a new SSD today and installed a brand new clean installation of Windows 10 on it. First problem I notice is that it's limiting me to 64 bit, but I continue with the installation because I know I can fix that later.

Then, when I try and fix it later, I run into even more problems. The first of these problems comes from Microsoft's own creation tool that was used to help update these types of things. First I try to install it cleanly on my own desktop but I run into an error about half way through with this lovely error; 0xc1900101 - 0x30018. I read some articles that says I should try installing it onto a USB, so I try that too, and run into another error that only pops up about 30 minutes into it. I try that twice, and both times it fails.

So, I think maybe the issue is with my windows not being the current version, and I try to update that, and get the 0x80070008 error both times I tried that. I've installed my GPU drivers, I installed my audio drivers for the Motherboard, and I don't know what else to do. There is no antivirus software on here so it isn't like that's stopping it. It's a brand new SSD and copy of windows 10, so I'm really not sure why there would be any problems here. My processor is a 64 bit processor so that wouldn't stop the update either. I'm honestly very frustrated and could use some help here, all the help answers are from people upgrading from windows 7 or 8 to 10 but none are for this problem here. Any solutions would be great.

:)

GarrettMG, Sep 11, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 11, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

So many issues!

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

So many issues! [​IMG]

So many issues! [​IMG]

So many issues! [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

So many issues!

1. So many issues! - Similar Threads - many issues

2. My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help: the scroll bar - barely works i have changed the sizeit sounds like it is often processingthe start menu - the pin that I dont want - doesnt show up ppt slides - advancing incredily fast and crashes on its own - not an animationcant make simple folders in file explore and so...
  3. My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new latop came with Windows 11 installed - so many issues and bugs - I need help: the scroll bar - barely works i have changed the sizeit sounds like it is often processingthe start menu - the pin that I dont want - doesnt show up ppt slides - advancing incredily fast and crashes on its own - not an animationcant make simple folders in file explore and so...
  4. Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...: On Thursday or Friday last week Jan 18/19 my windows 11 began having very strange issues I think after a windows security update. Microsoft based windows Start menu, remote desktop password entry Microsoft 365, calculator, etc. began either not registering any keyboard input...
  5. Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...

Strange issue with Microsoft windows registering too many keystrokes or not registering...: On Thursday or Friday last week Jan 18/19 my windows 11 began having very strange issues I think after a windows security update. Microsoft based windows Start menu, remote desktop password entry Microsoft 365, calculator, etc. began either not registering any keyboard input...
  6. Should I clean install Windows 10? PC has many issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I clean install Windows 10? PC has many issues.: I am debating doing a clean install of Windows 10. I am not very tech savvy so I have pushed that off as a last resort as I have continued to look up many fixes to my PC’s issues. First, my computer will not fully update. There is an update that is constantly “Pending...
  7. Should I clean install Windows 10? PC has many issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I clean install Windows 10? PC has many issues.: I am debating doing a clean install of Windows 10. I am not very tech savvy so I have pushed that off as a last resort as I have continued to look up many fixes to my PC’s issues. First, my computer will not fully update. There is an update that is constantly “Pending...
  8. Should I clean install Windows 10? PC has many issues.

9. im not a pc person and i barely know how to work a phone, but im having many issues with my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im not a pc person and i barely know how to work a phone, but im having many issues with my...: what does Checking for error 1500 - missing appdata registry key Checking for error 1501 - mismatch between registry and GM asset location mean?. can someone please explain this to me? im also having issues updating from windows 7 to 10. my pc is also like ridiculously slow...
  10. im not a pc person and i barely know how to work a phone, but im having many issues with my...

im not a pc person and i barely know how to work a phone, but im having many issues with my...: what does Checking for error 1500 - missing appdata registry key Checking for error 1501 - mismatch between registry and GM asset location mean?. can someone please explain this to me? im also having issues updating from windows 7 to 10. my pc is also like ridiculously slow...