Windows 10: So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

Discus and support So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A professional recovery is a possibility. I am not sure though with Raid. However, it would cost several thousand dollars usually for a professional... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Squibbler, Apr 19, 2017.

1. essenbe Win User

So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

A professional recovery is a possibility. I am not sure though with Raid. However, it would cost several thousand dollars usually for a professional Data recovery option.

Do you show both hard drives in bios or just one?

essenbe, Apr 22, 2017
  2. Squibbler Win User

Just one I think

we have a pc store here called PC world say they do disk recovery ..I guess I need to enquire.. they are a big chain

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    From everything I'm reading, data from a failed drive in a RAID0 configuration can't really be recovered due to the nature of the beast. The reason is, parts of a file is written to one drive, while the rest of the file is written to the other drive. So, any data recovered from the failed drive would be incomplete, needing the rest of it from the other drive.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/...top-pc?lang=EN

If that store tells you they can recover your data, they would be wrong.

If a drive no longer shows in BIOS, it would take a professional data recovery service to "try" and recover anything. But you'd still only have parts of everything - in other words, it would be useless.

I am truly sorry. *Sad

simrick, Apr 22, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

One thing you could try:
    Replace the SATA cable to the drive, and see if it shows in BIOS.

simrick, Apr 22, 2017
  5. Squibbler Win User
    What if the disk controller has gone and not the disks though?
    is that a possibility?

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  6. simrick Win User
    It's always a possibility. Do you use a controller card, which can be swapped out to check this?

simrick, Apr 22, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Looks like maybe his BIOS settings, somehow, got messed up. Try to reset the BIOS to factory default, from within the BIOS. There's an option for it, all have it.

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2017
  8. Squibbler Win User

Thanks guys. I am going to see if I can get some help from a local file retrieval company, as I am wary of screwing up my computer further. f14tomcat - that would be great if that works - I will mention it to them. My computer was upgraded from vista to win 7 to win 10 - I am wary of touching the the bios as well and probably need to get someone to actually see it. It seems odd that it happened after plugging in the flash ...perhaps trying to boot from flash screwed up an already sensitive bios?

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  9. Squibbler Win User
    I dont have controller cards and SATA cables lying around. I am hoping the data retrieval guys will. I have seen stories of people getting data back from Raid 0 if the raid can be recreated or found again and if the raid data on the drives itself is not corrupted. Will see what these guys say. There seem to be a fair few companies to try locally...may cost me a couple of hundred pounds though *Sad

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  10. f14tomcat Win User
    Good luck to you, Squibbler. If you can, let us know how it all works out.

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2017
  11. Squibbler Win User
    F14TOMCAT!!!! Thank you soooo much!!!!! you are an absolute star!!!! I went and checked my settings again in the bios because of what you suggested about resetting defaults .. tried that, no luck but then I dug a little deeper this time, checking every setting ..there is another setting that sets CPU to toggle between SATA and RAID - a different page to the one where you select the option 1, option 2, option 3 ... AND ...I am IN!!!!!! I am backing up everything tonight even if I have to stay up ALL NIGHT!!!! I never visited this page before - so strange it happened!

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  12. Squibbler Win User
    Somehow plugging in the flash drive must have reset that setting in the BIOS .. you have just saved me a LOT of money and time, I cannot thank you enough

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  13. essenbe Win User

Great news. Glad to hear it.

essenbe, Apr 22, 2017
  14. Squibbler Win User
    I will be back once I have everything fully backed up! ... thanks for all your help everyone so far especially simrick

Squibbler, Apr 22, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    I am so happy to hear you tamed the beast! YES! Back that monster up! Twice!! *Smile

Cheers! TC

f14tomcat, Apr 22, 2017
Thema:

1. So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can - Similar Threads - many problems Error

2. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  3. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  4. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  6. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  7. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So many errors at once please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many errors at once please help: So lemme start from first like I was using adrenaline 21.4.1 version for my laptop which was creating problems in Fullscreen games so according to Microsoft forums I downgraded and everything was fine until I found that my settings now never opened even the search keeps on...
  9. how to stop computer so can read error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to stop computer so can read error message: When restarting the computer, I've noticed an error message but before I can read it, it completely restarts. Is there a way for me to stop the restart so I can get the error message?...
  10. so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!: i don’t even know where to start as far as error messages go but all i know is that yesterday while i was on my dell XPS one 2710, i was prompted a message that it was in need of an update. naturally i agreed bc in my experience updates are supposed to help your computer...