Windows 10: So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

Discus and support So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; TC, his OS is messed up, and the only way to try a Macrium image would be to boot to a Macrium stick, or Kyhi's media (which has Macrium on it). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Squibbler, Apr 19, 2017.

1. f14tomcat Win User

So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

Ah! Forgot about the Kyhi! Perfect!

That will likely flip-flop his SATA & RAID bios settings again......

f14tomcat, Apr 23, 2017
  2. simrick Win User

We were going to boot to Kyhi's media, determine HDD health, perform CHKDSK and then backup.

He booted once to that, and this is how his RAID config was changed in the BIOS, although I'm not sure how that could happen....

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  3. simrick Win User
    Well, he knows how to remedy that now. *Wink

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

Just a hunch, but the bios RAID setting may automatically be disabled when he boots to thumb. They are incompatible modes. No such thing as a RAID flash drive, I think.....

f14tomcat, Apr 23, 2017
  5. Squibbler Win User
    Hey guys.. I'm female *Wink

Squibbler, Apr 23, 2017
  6. Squibbler Win User
    Could I save macrium to the external drive and run it from there or must it be on a different drive to the one I am saving to?

Squibbler, Apr 23, 2017
  7. Squibbler Win User
    Do you mean in my bios? I can try that tomorrow too

Squibbler, Apr 23, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

Oops! Sorry about that. *Redface
    I'd like to see you run Macrium from Kyhi's rescue media, which you may have to re-create with RUFUS as you did before. Macrium is in that rescue environment, and can create a full backup of your system that way, without installation required, since your OS is so messed up.
    Good. But you probably need to do that from Kyhi's media as well, using Disk Management.

simrick, Apr 23, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    oops! Sorry for assumption! *Redface

f14tomcat, Apr 23, 2017
  10. Squibbler Win User
    LOL no worries ...

Well, just to let you know that I decided to back up my whole user directory so it is taking a bit longer ... nearly there with that

So when that is done, to clarify ...do I try and run the memory stick again and not attempt an image at this stage using Macrium as we can do one from the stick? Is the stick okay to use as it stands? Or should I load Macrium onto my external hard disk and do an image from there anyway? Would that work? Do both? Create a boot disk using Macrium?

Just to say again ... there were no files with either the name HD Tune or speccy on there that I could see .. I did take a pic at the time ....there seems to be a command prompt...perhaps I could run chkdsk from that? Here is what the stick contains:
    So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can [​IMG]

Squibbler, Apr 23, 2017
  11. Squibbler Win User
    As an aside ...how on earth do I get my win 10 license key in case I have to wipe everything? In the past, I have used license extracting software that I downloaded but my computer wont load any new programs so it is kind of an issue how to do this. It was a free upgrade from windows 7

I just did a bit of googling and tried linking the activation to my MS account on the settings page - settings page which I can access - but it pops up a blank screen that then disappears)

Squibbler, Apr 23, 2017
  12. Squibbler Win User
    Hmmm...does that showkeyplus on the stick have the functionality to extract activation keys?

Squibbler, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can - Similar Threads - many problems Error

2. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  3. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  4. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  6. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  7. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So many errors at once please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many errors at once please help: So lemme start from first like I was using adrenaline 21.4.1 version for my laptop which was creating problems in Fullscreen games so according to Microsoft forums I downgraded and everything was fine until I found that my settings now never opened even the search keeps on...
  9. how to stop computer so can read error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to stop computer so can read error message: When restarting the computer, I've noticed an error message but before I can read it, it completely restarts. Is there a way for me to stop the restart so I can get the error message?...
  10. so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!: i don’t even know where to start as far as error messages go but all i know is that yesterday while i was on my dell XPS one 2710, i was prompted a message that it was in need of an update. naturally i agreed bc in my experience updates are supposed to help your computer...