Windows 10: So many problems since Windows 10 October update

Discus and support So many problems since Windows 10 October update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer has not been the same since the Windows 10 October update Google Calendar takes forever to open, as does Facebook, part of the time Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Amy EHB, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Amy EHB Win User

So many problems since Windows 10 October update

My computer has not been the same since the Windows 10 October update Google Calendar takes forever to open, as does Facebook, part of the time Windows 10 doesn't recognize there's a camera or microphone when I'm in Zoom, the icons at the top of my Google Chrome screen don't load. It's awful.

I am NOT tech savvy, but I've had Microsoft service work on it, the Office Depot tech support, and Office Depot local guy. Local guy got the Zoom fixed, although it still drops the camera occasionally, but everything still loads slowly.

I have blocked Windows from updating for now because this has been a nightmare.

Are other people running into problems, and what do I do to fix it?

Thank you, Amy

:)

Amy EHB, Dec 6, 2018

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows October 2018 update problems

Hello.

The Windows 10 October Update has a lot of problems with lost files. So much so that Microsoft took it off the installation media list and has pulled it from updates in general for now.

If you can, I suggest reverting the update entirely.

What apps were lost? You may find them in windows.old.

For settings, you will have to reset them yourself (unless you have a restore point)

Zackary Vanosdol, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

1. So many problems since Windows 10 October update - Similar Threads - many problems since

2. My windows 10 has so many problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 has so many problems: So I have made some research about my problems, Some fixed it. So I tried making another profile and it really fixed some of the problems. But all my data will be gone except the documents pictures downloads and desktop, and I dont like losing my gamedata saved in APPDATA...
  3. Windows 10 October update. So many problems since.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 October update. So many problems since.: Since the October 2019 Windows 10 update I've had so many problems. How do I revert the PC back to prior to that update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-update-so-many-problems-since/26b2a071-b22e-494f-8ed3-2ead4d53825a
  4. So many updates

So many updates: Do we really need all of them? Can we get rid of some of the old ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-updates/d6df72e3-3514-4669-867c-a25fd99526c3
  5. No Windows Updates Since October

No Windows Updates Since October: I thought it was odd that i hadn't been able to update anything in ages. so i googled to see if anyone else had this issue & google almost blew up lol. i saw people having issues with files getting deleted, & many other things. i never NOTICED anything getting deleted but 99%...
  6. USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update: Having ongoing problems with usb 3.0 flash drive after most recent windows 10 update. Occurring on multiple computers that have been updated. In some cases, the USB drive is not being recognized at all. In other cases, it's being recognized but the cursor freezes. Pulling...
  7. USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Flash Drive Problems Since October Update: Having ongoing problems with usb 3.0 flash drive after most recent windows 10 update. Occurring on multiple computers that have been updated. In some cases, the USB drive is not being recognized at all. In other cases, it's being recognized but the cursor freezes. Pulling...
  8. No sound since October Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound since October Windows 10 update: I'm NOT tech savvy at all, so I'm about to lose my mind. Ever since the Windows 10 update in October, Windows says that I have no microphone plugged in, although it's plugged in. This is a problem in Zoom (which I use every single day for my work), Facebook, Skype, etc. I...
  9. Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8

Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8: Outlook problems since WIndows 10 update october 8, 2018 I am using outlook for 4 e-mail accounts. Since the windows update of last friday I am having troubles with 1 of the 4 accounts. Icloud, a local pop account and a company email still works. Sending e-mail with the...
  10. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...