Windows 10: So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

Discus and support So many problems with my Lenovo machine. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Their customer support is literally terrible. Also, I am now out of warranty (not that they ever helped me when I was in warranty and asked them for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sweetsweetcorn, May 26, 2020.

1. So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

Their customer support is literally terrible. Also, I am now out of warranty (not that they ever helped me when I was in warranty and asked them for help). I hope that there are polite people on here who will be able to be of assistance to myself:

1. Sometimes, when I close the lid and leave the machine for more than 20 to 30 minutes, the power button will be lit but no matter how many times I press keys or the mouse buttons, the screen will not come on and I will have to wrongly press the power button down for several seconds to force the machine off then press it again to start it again.

2. Also, there are many times that after I open the lid after having closed it, my Wi-Fi will not work at all even if I wait. The only way to resolve this is to restart the machine.

Both of these issues have existed in my machine since I first bought it but I did not complain at the time because I was so busy with work. I only just about had enough time to complain about some other problems with the machine.

In addition to all of the above, today I used their software to update my drivers then my computer stopped working. Blue Screen of Death citing "Stop code: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" every time that I logged on to Windows. Luckily I was able to fix it by performing a system restore. I was already done buying from them but this just makes my impression of them even badder.

And these are just some of the problems. I have never experienced anything this bad before and I have owned a lot of different computers from different brands. This was my first time with a Lenovo machine. Safe to say that I will never buy a Lenovo product ever again, including even if they use a different brand name or do whatever business "trick".

:)

Sweetsweetcorn, May 26, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 26, 2020
  3. How to enable touch screen function on Lenovo ideapad 500

Hello,

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to enable touch in Lenovo idea pad. Please perform the steps and check if you can enable your touch screen.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start Menu, locate and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: Category and change it into
      Large or Small Icons.
    • Click on Pen and Touch, once there click on theTouch tab and check the option
      “Use your finger as Input Device”.

For further assistance I suggest you to contact with Lenovo support:

Home - Global Support - US

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, May 26, 2020
  4. W. P. Win User

So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

Lenovo Windows 10 upgrade problem

Same problem here. Tried to follow your suggestion. Steps 1-3 work fine, but oddly, step 4 triggers the following response: "get-AppXPackage" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The flicking ends, but the Program manager still prevents shut-down, and nothing else works. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I cannot help the suspicion that Norton 360 interferes, because it is the last icon displayed, but not displayed correctly.

W. P., May 26, 2020
Thema:

So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

1. So many problems with my Lenovo machine. - Similar Threads - many problems Lenovo

2. so many ControlSet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so many ControlSet: hello, i have windows 11 home. when i open regedit it shows so many ControlSet like thisis this normal for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-controlset/de2e3a33-e57e-4f84-bbd6-4bce00de98af
  3. Many BSOD problems on new machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD problems on new machine: Hi, I just bought new dell xps 7590 and first what I have done is RAM upgrade. Ive upgraed from 2x4 gb to 2x8gb Almost from the beggining Im getting BSOD everyday few times. Run dell diagnostics memtest - without problems but I still though that maybe this ram is...
  4. So many problems with new computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many problems with new computer: I bought a new HP desktop one week ago. From the moment I turned it on for the first time it's been one problem after another. Every once in awhile I can stream a video, but for the most part I get the loading icon spinning around and around and nothing happens. The audio...
  5. My windows 10 has so many problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    My windows 10 has so many problems: So I have made some research about my problems, Some fixed it. So I tried making another profile and it really fixed some of the problems. But all my data will be gone except the documents pictures downloads and desktop, and I dont like losing my gamedata saved in APPDATA...
  6. Microsoft Rewards Has So Many Problems!

Microsoft Rewards Has So Many Problems!: Microsoft Rewards...a great incentive...that is, when it works! Why are the so many buggy issues on this page? I've had 2 simultaneous issues lately. The most annoying is the Rewards Monthly Quest incentive. In January, I completed all punch card requirements, including the...
  7. So. Many. errors.

So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  8. So many problems with my laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many problems with my laptop!: Hi I am having issues with my laptop which is an HP Stream. I had it bought for me as a Christmas present back in 2016. Windows 10 is the operating system on it. So a few issues have developed on it over the past few months. I have listed them below: Keyboard unexpectedly...
  9. So Many Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Desktops: This pc is just a shortcut to the main uers folder and not another desktop.
  10. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...