Windows 10: So many problems with new computer

Discus and support So many problems with new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I bought a new HP desktop one week ago. From the moment I turned it on for the first time it's been one problem after another. Every once in awhile I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StephenNichols4, Dec 8, 2020.

1. So many problems with new computer

I bought a new HP desktop one week ago. From the moment I turned it on for the first time it's been one problem after another. Every once in awhile I can stream a video, but for the most part I get the loading icon spinning around and around and nothing happens. The audio basically doesn't work. I'll get maybe 20 minutes of audio functionality although hard to test because I can't stream anything before the red x shows up on the speaker icon in task bar and I get the message "The Audio Service isn't running." I have updated windows, I have updated drivers, I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and nothing fixes the problem.

I tried to test the audio by playing a cd in media player, but media player will start to load only to freeze after about a minute and give me the "program not responding" message. I've tried to open media player a dozen times and have yet to be able to do it. I have gotten the "not responding" message a number of times on my internet browsers as well Edge and Firefox. I tried to open the McAfee antivirus program to look at the settings and McAfee froze. Yesterday, windows froze while on screensaver and I had to force restart. I have had to restart Windows Explorer a number of times because the taskbar is unresponsive.

Would reinstalling Windows help???

I'm about ready to take this computer back and spend the extra money on a mac.

:)

StephenNichols4, Dec 8, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Is there a good guide out there on actually assembling the new rig?

List your system specs (All of the parts you're using), putting a computer together isn't very difficult. I can give you some steps on doing it no problem.

erocker, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Aquinus Win User

So many problems with new computer

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

So many problems with new computer

1. So many problems with new computer - Similar Threads - many problems computer

2. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  3. New Laptop- Many Problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Laptop- Many Problems: I had my old ASUS laptop finally kick the bucket- the insides still work amazing but the screen is splitting down the middle and there is no fix for the model. I have been to Best Buy for a new laptop 3 times now. My budget was $1000-$1600. I'm a college student. I need a...
  4. New computer hoops, add account, pin is needed, why so many?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer hoops, add account, pin is needed, why so many?: Bought a new laptop.Stuck on "Let's add your Microsoft Account" - IT IS REQUIREDStuck on "Set up a PIN" - IT IS REQUIREDHERE ARE ADVERTISEMENTS FOR GAME PASS!!! Give us a $1.00 ?? Register and Protect - IT IS REQUIREDI'm setting up a computer for my Elderly parents. NONE of...
  5. New computer hoops, add account, pin is needed, why so many?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New computer hoops, add account, pin is needed, why so many?: Bought a new laptop.Stuck on "Let's add your Microsoft Account" - IT IS REQUIREDStuck on "Set up a PIN" - IT IS REQUIREDHERE ARE ADVERTISEMENTS FOR GAME PASS!!! Give us a $1.00 ?? Register and Protect - IT IS REQUIREDI'm setting up a computer for my Elderly parents. NONE of...
  6. So many problems with my Lenovo machine.

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems with my Lenovo machine.: Their customer support is literally terrible. Also, I am now out of warranty (not that they ever helped me when I was in warranty and asked them for help). I hope that there are polite people on here who will be able to be of assistance to myself: 1. Sometimes, when I...
  7. How do I have so many files on a new computer??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I have so many files on a new computer??: I got a notifictaion that I should run a quick scan in Microsoft Defender, the quick scan took about a minute and a half and scanned over 34,000 files What on earth? How do I have so many files on such a new machine? I have installed a few programmes, namely Google Earth,...
  8. Microsoft Rewards Has So Many Problems!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Rewards Has So Many Problems!: Microsoft Rewards...a great incentive...that is, when it works! Why are the so many buggy issues on this page? I've had 2 simultaneous issues lately. The most annoying is the Rewards Monthly Quest incentive. In January, I completed all punch card requirements, including the...
  9. So many problems with my laptop!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many problems with my laptop!: Hi I am having issues with my laptop which is an HP Stream. I had it bought for me as a Christmas present back in 2016. Windows 10 is the operating system on it. So a few issues have developed on it over the past few months. I have listed them below: Keyboard unexpectedly...
  10. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...