Windows 10: So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous...

Discus and support So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So after reading the horror stories of a lot of liarsprobably and the unlucky genuine members in-between, I'm super paranoid about starting my pc up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by NickMedefesser, Dec 22, 2019.

1. So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous...

So after reading the horror stories of a lot of liarsprobably and the unlucky genuine members in-between, I'm super paranoid about starting my pc up for the first time with all the conflicting information going around this December, especially after the microsoft privacy update email a few days ago. In fact my brand spanking new PC has just sat there listless for two weeks because I've been too nervous to pull the power supply/ wipe the nvme ssd drivers from my old pc to start it.

I'd really appreciate some advice/ reassurance and hopefully I really am overthinking things in which case I'll take the harmless criticism. First of all I bought my pro edition usb installer for the usual full price from a big computer store in the bay area region of californiaCentral Computers but I'm honestly still incredibly worried/paranoid after googling windows 10 pro only installation guides just to double-check and seeing massive numbers of "genuine product buyers" usb installers conflicting with the licenses they came with. I can't wait around for windows to eventually reach out to me to activate my account because I work using my pc, and college courses for my second degree will be starting soon-ish.

No I can't afford to buy a second PSU and SSD array, already spent 1900$ building this pc plus the 199$ for the win 10 pro usb package.

I was originally going to use my old pc to create a media creation iso for windows 10 because I've seen a lot of certified windows 10 technicians and power users suggest you have a fully updated version of win 10 home first before installing 10 pro to avoid any hiccups. But then I saw users having issues activating windows 10 because their installation media came from OEM windows 10 products. Which I'm included in since my old pc is an HP OMEN unfortunately. So now I have no idea how to install windows 10 pro properly without activating another credit card to just buy an entire new version, no really I can't. Paying for everything an adult needs in silicon valley while needing the time for college is rough. Which leads me to emphasizing I can't miss out on work, literally not even for 24 hours.

How do I ensure a proper new installation of windows 10 pro under these circumstances while protecting myself 100% from the horrors of non-active windows 10 work machine. I'm so stressed out I'd literally jump off a cliff if microsoft said that was the bullet-proof method of installation officially. I'll love anyone who responds, even if it's just to criticize my anxiety over something I've done a million times professionally on systems that already included windows 10 home licenses. I know I'm being stupid, but the year has not been kind to my levels of sleep and overall level of zen.

:)

NickMedefesser, Dec 22, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Audio not working on a freshly built W10 PC?

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Do you get any error message?

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested below.

Fix sound problems

Also install all pending Windows updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know the status of the issue to assist you better. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 22, 2019
  3. CK011885 Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Dec 22, 2019
  4. r.h.p Win User

So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous...

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous...

1. So many questions about installing windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc with no previous... - Similar Threads - many questions installing

2. I've so many BSOD on my newly built gaming PC about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I've so many BSOD on my newly built gaming PC about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...: My system specs - CPU- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12CGPU- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX TUF OC 24GMOBO- TUF B650-PLUS WIFIRAM- Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000MHZ 16Gx2SSD- SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1TB x 2PSU- Corsair RM1000xCASE- LIAN LI Lancool IIIAIO- BeQuiet! Silent Loop II 360MMFANS- BeQuiet!...
  3. I've so many BSOD on my newly built gaming PC about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've so many BSOD on my newly built gaming PC about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...: My system specs - CPU- AMD Ryzen 9 7900X 12CGPU- AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX TUF OC 24GMOBO- TUF B650-PLUS WIFIRAM- Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 6000MHZ 16Gx2SSD- SAMSUNG 980 Pro 1TB x 2PSU- Corsair RM1000xCASE- LIAN LI Lancool IIIAIO- BeQuiet! Silent Loop II 360MMFANS- BeQuiet!...
  4. I've so many BSOD on my newly built gaming PC about SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When installing Windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc, the pc keeps rebooting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    When installing Windows 10 pro on a freshly built pc, the pc keeps rebooting: Hello, Yesterday I have started building a new pc and every time i try to install a copy of windows 10 pro the pc suddenly goes black and reboots. I have tried to use only 1 ram stick, but this solved nothing I have attempted to run memtest86+ but the pc refuses to boot...
  6. Many questions about Windows activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Many questions about Windows activation: I just bought a new computer without a OS. I installed a Windows 10 Home copy, but until now I haven't activated it. My another computer had an OEM Windows 7 with an unactivated Office. I want to buy licenses, but I'm very confused with the information about Windows and...
  7. Question about Fresh Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about Fresh Start: I have a few games on my PC and I have made a new volume and moved over 200GB of Game files to this new volume. If I do a Fresh Start from my Windows Security app and keep my personal files, will they stay intact as they aren't in C: Drive? submitted by /u/Neucleye [link]...
  8. Question about Windows fresh start.

Question about Windows fresh start.: I want to know which files might get deleted from this feature. Will this affect my steam installations if they are not installed in c drive? Will this affect the files in documents and downloads folder? I have several softwares installed which are not from the windows app...
  9. Windows 10 Fresh Install Question

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Fresh Install Question: I'm planning on rebuilding my PC with some new components. I want to do a fresh install of Win 10 on a new NVMe M.2 SSD. My current Win 10 Home is derived from a free upgrade from Win 7 Home. I understand that there's a difference between a new Win 10 Home product key and...
  10. Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker

Quick question about fresh install and bitlocker: Hi everyone; I just did a fresh install to fix some bluetooth issues I was having. I did a completely fresh install that did not keep any of my old files or settings. Windows installed successfully, and I did log in to my microsoft account as I had planned. After the...