Windows 10: SO many Temp files so quickly?

Discus and support SO many Temp files so quickly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The title says it all... Deleted all my temp files yesterday. Today, i went to check the temp folder, apparently it had 1GB of temp files... Why did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sSince_, Jan 16, 2021.

1. SO many Temp files so quickly?

The title says it all...

Deleted all my temp files yesterday.

Today, i went to check the temp folder, apparently it had 1GB of temp files...

Why did my computer create 1GB of temp files in one day? Is there something wrong?

submitted by /u/sSince_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sSince_, Jan 16, 2021

2. Temp Files : Runaway Creation

Hello Bruce,

Windows Temporary files are created by the operating system during the normal course of its running when there may not be enough memory allocated for the task.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to delete temporary files nad check if it helps:

Step 1

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type temp and click OK
    • Press Ctrl + A and click Delete

Step 2

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type %temp% and click OK

Step 3

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type prefetch and click OK

Get back to us, if you have further queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 16, 2021
  3. These temp files will not delete

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you are unable to delete temp files on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better understanding of your issue, answer the query below:

• Do you receive any prompt or error code?
    • What happens, when you try to delete temp files?
    I suggest you to follow these methods below and check, if it works:

Method 1:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "temp" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 2:

• Press Windows key + R key together, to open RUN command Window.
    • Type "%temp%" in the RUN Command Window, to open temp folder and then delete the files and folders inside the temp folder.
    If the issue persists, follow method 3.

Method 3:

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode, then perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode):

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Let's try to perform disk cleanup on Windows 10 and check, if it works.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jan 16, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

SO many Temp files so quickly?

Windows temp folder filling quickly

Hi,
    SO many Temp files so quickly? [​IMG]

Can you see the iso file? Here it's on my desktop. It could equally be listed in file explorer.

Rt clicking it shows the context menu.

The green arrow shows you the Mount option.

Click that, and the content of the iso file is available as the next available drive letter in alphabetic order.

dalchina, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

SO many Temp files so quickly?

1. SO many Temp files so quickly? - Similar Threads - many Temp files

2. so many ControlSet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so many ControlSet: hello, i have windows 11 home. when i open regedit it shows so many ControlSet like thisis this normal for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-controlset/de2e3a33-e57e-4f84-bbd6-4bce00de98af
  3. so many ControlSet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    so many ControlSet: hello, i have windows 11 home. when i open regedit it shows so many ControlSet like thisis this normal for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-controlset/de2e3a33-e57e-4f84-bbd6-4bce00de98af
  4. why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses: can someone help me in this problem i want to clear them up because they take so much space but i cant delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-so-many-temp-files-pinned-to-my/763effe0-317d-4f76-89ba-cf3b547c7418
  5. why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses: can someone help me in this problem i want to clear them up because they take so much space but i cant delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-so-many-temp-files-pinned-to-my/763effe0-317d-4f76-89ba-cf3b547c7418
  6. So many apps

So many apps: With so many free call apps around nowadays, which one is the very best in the world for smartphones? I wanna call Brazil from el salvador for free and talk for at least one hour. Viber, letscall, callfree, ect… with so much competing apps and companies offering this kind of...
  7. So. Many. errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  8. So Many Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Desktops: This pc is just a shortcut to the main uers folder and not another desktop.
  9. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...
  10. So Many Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Folders: I am a bit overwhelmed by the number of same title folders in the system. System may not be the correct name. Let's take the 'Pictures' folder for example. Pictures folder in the Desktop along with specific picture folders Primary Pictures folder w/sub folders in OneDrive...