Windows 10: So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed

Discus and support So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So the last time I tried to cut running programs Processes and all the other what not in the background of task manager i almost ruined my cpu bc i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by StephenAbbott1, Aug 23, 2018.

1. So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed

So the last time I tried to cut running programs Processes and all the other what not in the background of task manager i almost ruined my cpu bc i turned off so many functions but now there are way to many my cpu is slow and lethargic idk what is nessceary to run or what i can delete i feel im in debt or something

:)

StephenAbbott1, Aug 23, 2018

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Aug 23, 2018
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 23, 2018
  4. So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed

Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

• Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    • Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Aug 23, 2018
Thema:

So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed

1. So many things running in the background of my cpu i feel overwhelmed - Similar Threads - many things running

2. Why is my cpu usage so high without anything running in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my cpu usage so high without anything running in the background: I have also done a full anti virus scan with McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cpu-usage-so-high-without-anything/59215691-f03f-4077-9be3-a2efab08b15f
  3. Why is my cpu usage so high without anything running in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my cpu usage so high without anything running in the background: I have also done a full anti virus scan with McAfee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-cpu-usage-so-high-without-anything/59215691-f03f-4077-9be3-a2efab08b15f
  4. Help so many things not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help so many things not working!: Ok so there’s many things where if I click them they don’t open or do anything, I’ll list them now: Settings won’t open Can’t use search bar in left corner When I click the windows icon on desktop in left corner nothing happens Can’t open display settings Sea of thieves...
  5. Windows feel broken. Many basic things not functioning properly.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows feel broken. Many basic things not functioning properly.: Things I have noticed: Some apps not opening. Spotify didnt launch. Office crashed on loading screen. Nothing happens when clicking on items in control panel. Like uninstall a program for example. Class not registered error on some apps....
  6. why so many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why so many things wrong: why is it things in the program list open but disappear without me being able to use them such as camera, calculator, feedback hub and others and why is it windows 10 freezes up after about 20 minutes and has to be restarted only to have webpages not load completely and why...
  7. Things running in background

Things running in background: Is their a way to see what is running in the backgrownd on my computer. I can hear it and am curious https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/things-running-in-background/9e51e94e-08bf-40e2-a3d4-24dadbd68f64
  8. too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow

too many background process running in my laptop in the task manager. So, my PC is running slow: this is screenshot of task manager [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-background-process-running-in-my-laptop/6ee3daf5-1cbf-48b5-a041-9a2e2fdf47a1
  9. So many things wrong

So many things wrong: I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it. I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts. I can only open Chrome by clicking it on the desktop There are no apps on the taskbar, and when I click anything on it nothing...
  10. So many things don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    So many things don't work: Brand new Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 and IE 11. Tried everything I could find on Google to no avail. - Can't eliminate the initial password sign-in - Can't get Control Panel to stay with Large Icons - Can't get Google to be my default browser in lieu of Bing - Can't...