Windows 10: So many things wrong

Discus and support So many things wrong in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it. I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RearMisser, Jan 9, 2019.

1. So many things wrong

I recently bought a HP Pavilion desktop and i'm starting to have problems after I updated it.

I can't open the task manager even with shortcuts.

I can only open Chrome by clicking it on the desktop

There are no apps on the taskbar, and when I click anything on it nothing pops up, even the Windows key on the keyboard.

My wallpaper has disappeared and it's all a black screen.

What can I do to fix this?

:)

RearMisser, Jan 9, 2019

2. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Jan 9, 2019
  3. What kind of quad.

I suspect you are at "the edge" of the power rating for the mainboard. Perhaps Q6600 wasnt listed due to TWO versions, C3 stepping at 105W and G0 stepping at 95W. Furthermore, if you OC the G0 Q6600 then it will use more than 95W. Since Q9300 is on a 1333 buss, then perhaps the BIOS doesnt give you scope to OC it, keeping it well withing the 95W envelope.

My suggestion is, if the mainboard is important to you and you dont want to blow the power regulators or caps, to NOT OC the Q6600. Take the thing out of design spec (by OC'ing it) and you may very well rapidly reduce the half-life of your board.

Also, as erocker suggests, there are 65W quads out now. I think those are better suited to this mainboard.

Good luck.

lemonadesoda, Jan 9, 2019
  4. So many things wrong

EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

So many things wrong

1. So many things wrong - Similar Threads - many things wrong

2. so many ControlSet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    so many ControlSet: hello, i have windows 11 home. when i open regedit it shows so many ControlSet like thisis this normal for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-controlset/de2e3a33-e57e-4f84-bbd6-4bce00de98af
  3. Help so many things not working!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help so many things not working!: Ok so there’s many things where if I click them they don’t open or do anything, I’ll list them now: Settings won’t open Can’t use search bar in left corner When I click the windows icon on desktop in left corner nothing happens Can’t open display settings Sea of thieves...
  4. Many important things not opening!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many important things not opening!: Hello! Today I was watching some YouTube videos on how to make my laptop faster and I tried many things to make it faster. After those steps I wanted to open the task manager but it wouldn't open. Then I tried opening it by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete and it still didn't...
  5. why so many things wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why so many things wrong: why is it things in the program list open but disappear without me being able to use them such as camera, calculator, feedback hub and others and why is it windows 10 freezes up after about 20 minutes and has to be restarted only to have webpages not load completely and why...
  6. So. Many. errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  7. Many things not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Many things not working: I am using Windows 10 Pro . So earlier i was going across regedit and i was setting permissions to a group , nvm so later my screen just refreshed and actually i couldn't see half of my taskbar , it was like invisible . I could point the mouse to that and it would eventually...
  8. So Many Desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    So Many Desktops: This pc is just a shortcut to the main uers folder and not another desktop.
  9. So many problems

in Windows 10 Support
    So many problems: I've had nothing but issues with my laptop since upgrading. 1) minor but annoying thing my right click on my keypad also mouse cause the screen to go temporarily black and then it shuts down what ever you were right clicking on. 2) I can't install any new software it...
  10. So many things don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    So many things don't work: Brand new Dell XPS 8900 with Windows 10 and IE 11. Tried everything I could find on Google to no avail. - Can't eliminate the initial password sign-in - Can't get Control Panel to stay with Large Icons - Can't get Google to be my default browser in lieu of Bing - Can't...