Windows 10: So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...

Discus and support So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GucciPoonTapper [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GucciPoonTapper, Nov 4, 2020.

1. So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...

/u/GucciPoonTapper, Nov 4, 2020
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Cannot log in to PC

Hi Michael,

It appears that you're having problems logging in to your computer. For us to effectively assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to log in?
    • Have you tried restarting your PC?
    • Can you log in to other user accounts on your computer?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps to resolve the problem?

Regards.

Ramon Imp, Nov 4, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...

Can't log into pc

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer this question to assist you better.

• Is the issue in Local account or Microsoft Account?
    • Are you able to use Mouse?

I would suggest you to restart your computer and check for Num lock
    key on the keyboard; It should be turned on. Also press Windows key + space bar
    and check for language changes.

If you are able to use Mouse then click on Easy of access
    button on the lock screen and choose onscreen keyboard and try to enter the password. Do let us know if you are able to log into PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error...

1. So my brothers pc has my account on it and he’s tried to log in today and got this error... - Similar Threads - brothers has account

2. Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got "dpc_watchdog_violation" error while opening my PC today...: I've been getting blue screen, I think 2-3 times a month, but I am always unsuccessful with taking a picture of the error or even getting the error code to see what's the reason behind the blue screen. Take note I haven't done anything to fix this. I am a total noob....
  3. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  4. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.: I have recently replaced my brothers motherboard after breaking it accidentally when trying to upgrade his CPU. I fixed his PC but now when he tries to log in, instead of a usual pin request when the pc turns on to access his account, he is being asked to remember his old...
  5. How to access brothers OLD Microsoft account so he can log into his PC.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. bluetooth not working when my brother has same computer and he has bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth not working when my brother has same computer and he has bluetooth: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-when-my-brother-has-same/e86ff03d-0bf5-4762-9539-235d26e3ad02
  7. bluetooth not working when my brother has same computer and he has bluetooth

bluetooth not working when my brother has same computer and he has bluetooth: please help me fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-not-working-when-my-brother-has-same/e86ff03d-0bf5-4762-9539-235d26e3ad02
  8. My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it

in Windows 10 Customization
    My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it: As you can see my brother who was using my pc had to change the password he said something popped up he didn't know what password to use so he just put in the same password one day after that I try to use my pc and I use the password and it doesn't work what should I do?...
  9. My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it

My brother used the same password for my pc when he reset it: As you can see my brother who was using my pc had to change the password he said something popped up he didn't know what password to use so he just put in the same password one day after that I try to use my pc and I use the password and it doesn't work what should I do?...
  10. My brother got a virus and now he cant scan!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My brother got a virus and now he cant scan!: My bro got a virus, tried to scan, but failed. He did a fresh start and did it but then had to shut down. Booted back up and it disabled again, but this time the enable disappeared. Any help?...