Windows 10: So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

Discus and support So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fuchoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wghs7b/so_my_computer_turned_off_on_its_own_for_some/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fuchoe, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:23 PM.

1. /u/Fuchoe Win User

So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

2. Computer Is Not Turning On

Today, I received my new video card in the mail so I decided to try and install it into my current custom computer. However, the cable management was so terrible that I had to unplug a few obstructing cables since the HD 5850 was as long as the motherboard. I don't remember which ones but I think it is probable that they may have been the motherboard and CPU connectors. Next I had to plug 2 6-pin PCI-E power connectors into the HD 5850. After that, I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on.

For the last 6 hours or so, it has been a routine of unplugging cables (all the cables in my computer: SATA, power, etc.), pushing the reset and on/off button, and I also took the power supply out and put it back in once (and I rerouted some cables). I tried to touch the case with any part of my body when possible (usually elbows, fingers, palm, etc.). A few times I may have unplugged cables and installed components when the power supply was plugged in. *Bang Head :banghead: More recently, my dad took a look at the problem but he kept thinking it was the CPU fan, thinking it was loose but I never touched the fan and this morning, it worked. Another hypothesis he formulated was that stray connectors or cables were touching other components and such but to be honest, I have no clue. He dealt with the CPU fan very harshly and I believe the action was uncalled for but he started banging the fan with the screwdriver handle, and it appeared as if he was exerting too much physical pressure on the fan. Still, I think the computer should turn on regardless if the CPU heatsink or fan is tight or loose because when it is loose, the computer should turn on and then notify the user of the temperature and turn off automatically.

But, when I try to turn the computer on, the fans don't move, no sound is emitted from the computer, and there is a green light that is on, and I'm not sure if the light means the motherboard is still alive or not. And I still have some skepticism towards the state of my other components, such as my power supply.

At the moment, I am using a laptop while my dad is still scratching his head.

Any suggestions?

MelodiousUltra, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:32 PM
  3. Computer Is Not Turning On

The seller had barely used it because he said he didn't have time to game. Besides, wouldn't a computer still be able to turn on without a video card or integrated graphics card? (Although you would be extremely limited with its uses if you wanted to do anything at all.)

It's not just that video card, if you wanted to blame my video card, I suppose I should have also mentioned that after I tried to turn the computer on with the HD 5850 inside it didn't turn on and after I replaced it with the original temporary video card, and the computer still didn't turn on. Before all that happened, my computer was working fine. It may have had something to do with how I had to move and unplug/replug connectors, wires, and cables in my PC due to necessary adjustments to fit the video card into the case.

MelodiousUltra, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:32 PM
  4. So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

computer turning on

Hello Judy,

We still can't identify what causes this booting issue. For us to identify and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you turning off your computer or just setting it on Sleep mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 4, 2022 at 9:32 PM
Thema:

So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

1. So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried... - Similar Threads - computer turned off

2. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  3. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...
  4. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer was stuck trying to initialise the update so I turned it off and now it’s...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer was stuck trying to initialise the update so I turned it off and now it’s...: So it was stuck on the initialising screen so I turned it off but now it’s not working and is stuck on the acer loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-was-stuck-trying-to-initialise-the/9ef25be3-cb6e-4f62-aa82-79f1c7267d80
  6. My computer was stuck trying to initialise the update so I turned it off and now it’s...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer was stuck trying to initialise the update so I turned it off and now it’s...: So it was stuck on the initialising screen so I turned it off but now it’s not working and is stuck on the acer loading screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-was-stuck-trying-to-initialise-the/9ef25be3-cb6e-4f62-aa82-79f1c7267d80
  7. My computer was stuck trying to initialise the update so I turned it off and now it’s...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My windows 10 laptop is back screen when I turn it on and when I turn it off and turn...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My windows 10 laptop is back screen when I turn it on and when I turn it off and turn...: Hi so recently i upgraded my windows 8.1 laptop to windows 10 and yesterday when i turned it on it turned on but it was black screen i turned it off and turned it kn again it turned on now alaways i have to turn it off and on again to make my laptop work please tell me a...
  9. WiFi turns off on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    WiFi turns off on its own: My laptop just updated last night and now every few minutes or so the WiFi shuts itself off. I can turn it back on myself but it also turns itself back on if I wait. The drivers are all fully updated as well so I don’t know what else to do. submitted by /u/JasonWalkerBowman...
  10. Camera is turning on and off on its own

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera is turning on and off on its own: Something it is happening with my camera. It starts turning on or off on its own, without any interference on my side. What kind of issue it is? I have Acer Predator Helios and Windows 10. Thank you...