Windows 10: So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

Discus and support So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fuchoe [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/wghs7b/so_my_computer_turned_off_on_its_own_for_some/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Fuchoe, Aug 4, 2022.

1. /u/Fuchoe Win User

So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

/u/Fuchoe, Aug 4, 2022

2. Computer Is Not Turning On

Today, I received my new video card in the mail so I decided to try and install it into my current custom computer. However, the cable management was so terrible that I had to unplug a few obstructing cables since the HD 5850 was as long as the motherboard. I don't remember which ones but I think it is probable that they may have been the motherboard and CPU connectors. Next I had to plug 2 6-pin PCI-E power connectors into the HD 5850. After that, I tried to turn it on but it wouldn't turn on.

For the last 6 hours or so, it has been a routine of unplugging cables (all the cables in my computer: SATA, power, etc.), pushing the reset and on/off button, and I also took the power supply out and put it back in once (and I rerouted some cables). I tried to touch the case with any part of my body when possible (usually elbows, fingers, palm, etc.). A few times I may have unplugged cables and installed components when the power supply was plugged in. *Bang Head :banghead: More recently, my dad took a look at the problem but he kept thinking it was the CPU fan, thinking it was loose but I never touched the fan and this morning, it worked. Another hypothesis he formulated was that stray connectors or cables were touching other components and such but to be honest, I have no clue. He dealt with the CPU fan very harshly and I believe the action was uncalled for but he started banging the fan with the screwdriver handle, and it appeared as if he was exerting too much physical pressure on the fan. Still, I think the computer should turn on regardless if the CPU heatsink or fan is tight or loose because when it is loose, the computer should turn on and then notify the user of the temperature and turn off automatically.

But, when I try to turn the computer on, the fans don't move, no sound is emitted from the computer, and there is a green light that is on, and I'm not sure if the light means the motherboard is still alive or not. And I still have some skepticism towards the state of my other components, such as my power supply.

At the moment, I am using a laptop while my dad is still scratching his head.

Any suggestions?

MelodiousUltra, Aug 4, 2022
  3. Computer Is Not Turning On

The seller had barely used it because he said he didn't have time to game. Besides, wouldn't a computer still be able to turn on without a video card or integrated graphics card? (Although you would be extremely limited with its uses if you wanted to do anything at all.)

It's not just that video card, if you wanted to blame my video card, I suppose I should have also mentioned that after I tried to turn the computer on with the HD 5850 inside it didn't turn on and after I replaced it with the original temporary video card, and the computer still didn't turn on. Before all that happened, my computer was working fine. It may have had something to do with how I had to move and unplug/replug connectors, wires, and cables in my PC due to necessary adjustments to fit the video card into the case.

MelodiousUltra, Aug 4, 2022
  4. So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

computer turning on

Hello Judy,

We still can't identify what causes this booting issue. For us to identify and assist you better with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you start experiencing this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Are you turning off your computer or just setting it on Sleep mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Aug 4, 2022
Thema:

So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried...

1. So my computer turned off on its own for some reason… And when I turned it back on, I tried... - Similar Threads - computer turned off

2. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  3. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...: It ust shows a blue screen, with a big samsung logo in the middle, an intel logo in the bottom right side, and it says "F2 Setup F4 Recovery". I've been pressing F12 since i know that it was the button to skip any menu that popped up after starting apart from the regular...
  4. I turned off my computer for the night, and when i turned it back on in the morning, it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  6. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...: I have found by checking what wakes my computer via powercfg -lastwake that the power button Is the culprit, despite never being touched and In It's regular position. Though even with this knowledge I have no Idea how It happens since It never turns Itself off, only back on...
  7. Whenever I turn my computer off, It turns back on shortly after with the reason being my...

8. PC turns off and on on its own

PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  9. PC turns off and on on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC turns off and on on its own: My PC has had this problem for a while. It happens to shut down without any prior warning or struggles, and turns right back on as if i had manually restarted it. For example, today, i was browsing the internet, and then, out of the blue, my screen and case LEDs went dark for...
  10. pc turning off on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc turning off on its own: hello my pc turned off on his own ,when i turned it on again crashed again,then i turned it on again but this time i waited for all the startup application to open i turned off blitz"software for a game "and discord and then i try to open the game i played "lol or league of...