Windows 10: So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...

Discus and support So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I saved data to a compressed zip file on an external hard drive. So the thread is locked So my data is useless?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MaryEPitts, Nov 1, 2019.

1. So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...

So I saved data to a compressed zip file on an external hard drive. So the thread is locked So my data is useless?

:)

MaryEPitts, Nov 1, 2019

2. Retrieve the files on Seagate external hard drive

Original title: Seagate external hard drive

How do I retrieve the files I have on my Seagate external hard drive?

Keith.M.Scott63, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Nov 1, 2019
  4. So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...

Compressing a external hard drive

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Compressing your hard drives data does give you more space, however you will see a performance decrease as when the computer needs to access data, it will have to uncompress it first, read/write to it then recompress it. Also please refer the suggestion
    from Ken blake.

'Compress this drive to save disk space' .. does anyone use this?
    (Applies to Windows 10).

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Sara Mohammedi, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the...

1. So there is a way to retrieve data in compressed file from an external hard drive, but the... - Similar Threads - retrieve data compressed

2. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  3. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.: Can someone tell me how to transfer data from hard drive to external SSD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-data-from-hard-drive-to-external-ssd/8d744dd6-1e4d-48a6-bcda-c241eec118bb
  4. Transfer data from hard drive to external SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  6. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering Data from External Hard Drive: Hello, My old Microsoft surface tablet recently broke, so I had the internal SSD removed and placed it in an external hard drive enclosure to try to recover the files that were on it. When I connect it to my computer, it gives a message saying D:/ is not accessibleIncorrect...
  7. Recovering Data from External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cannot open data from external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot open data from external hard drive: I backed-up photos, videos, music, documents and excel spreadsheets to an new external hard drive from my old desktop computer in February. I purchased a new computer at that time. I did copy and paste some music, documents and spreadsheets from the external hard drive EHD to...
  9. Cannot open data from external hard drive

Cannot open data from external hard drive: I backed-up photos, videos, music, documents and excel spreadsheets to an new external hard drive from my old desktop computer in February. I purchased a new computer at that time. I did copy and paste some music, documents and spreadsheets from the external hard drive EHD to...
  10. Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive

Ho to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive: Hi, Is it possible to retrieve data from a formatted hard drive? I made a mistake while I was working on several external hard drives at a time and ended up formatting the wrong disc, ie. my private files and folder's disc. and I need this data back. I know that there are...