Windows 10: So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

Discus and support So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Does this option mean i delete it or do i compress my OS drive if i tap the box? 40GB is alot considering i only have a 256gb ssd on this [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shaw3583, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Shaw3583 Win User

So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

Does this option mean i delete it or do i compress my OS drive if i tap the box? 40GB is alot considering i only have a 256gb ssd on this

So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive" 5126012f-fa45-4f09-8bea-a10843aa4e64?upload=true.png

:)

Shaw3583, Feb 21, 2019

2. OS Drive Compression

Greetings, everyone.

I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve space from the laptop.

I was told that I could compress my OS drive.

I need to know if compressing my OS drive is a good idea.

-Thank You in advance

milesroudette, Feb 21, 2019
  3. WOOKZ Win User
    COMPRESSING Drives

does compression of the OS drive hamper proformance

WOOKZ, Feb 21, 2019
  4. So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

Files in C: drive automatically compressing?

As you may already know, if this feature is on, every new folder/file you add starts off automatically compressed. If you would like to turn it off for the whole drive, kindly follow these steps:

• Start File Explorer . In the left pane, right-click on the drive that you would not want to be compressed.
    • Click Properties.
    • Make sure that the Compress this drive to save disk space box is unchecked.
    • Click OK then Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Darian Tab, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive"

1. So there is an option in my clean up that is 40gb and says "Compress your OS drive" - Similar Threads - option clean 40gb

2. How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove"Compress your OS drive"and "Temporary Internet Fils"under Disk Clean Up?: After updated on Feb9,2019,Disk Clean Up does not remove "Compress your OS drive". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removecompress-your-os-driveand-temporary/f7466e1c-ad75-4f66-ba92-ea0ccc6b5c66"
  3. Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot clean out (delete) compressed OS-Drive: I have a problem with recent clean installations of Windows 10 on several Dell Notebooks; After the normal service pack updates, an item named "Compressed OS-Drive" wasting more than 5Gb on the drive, is impossible to clean out using any explorer Disc Clean function. It can...
  4. Compress OS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Compress OS: Im cleaning my computer, and theres an option in windows own disk cleanup utility to compress the OS drive which will save me about 8 gb on my ssd. But it keeps saying that regardless of how many times i run it. Any way to fix it? 128099
  5. Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup (compress OS drive) problem: Hi guys and gurus. Been giving my self yet another headache :/ Ran disk cleanup this evening, something I don't do as often as I should and discovered the 'compress OS drive' issue. Only as per usual only after it was too late. Selected to delete this thinking it was some...
  6. OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive

OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive: Today, when manually freeing up space, I saw an option to compress my OS drive for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove files, notifications appeared regarding files OneDrive was downloading. With only a 32GB SD card permanently connected as ROM, I manually...
  7. OS Drive Compression

OS Drive Compression: Greetings, everyone. I am using an Aspire ES1-132, with a storage of 28.0 Gigabytes, and I am running short on storage space, and I could not relieve space from the laptop. I was told that I could compress my OS drive. I need to know if compressing my OS drive is a good...
  8. is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk...: Just as stated in the subject/question, is it a good or bad thing to delete the 'compress your os device' files in the clean disk space. It holds 35 GB and I need some extra storage for other apps and documents, so I was wondering if I should delete those files or not, in...
  9. compress os drive -disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    compress os drive -disk cleanup: hello i have an option to compress my os(c)(solid state) drive which saves me 21Gb how does this work could any issues arise from doing it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/compress-os-drive-disk-cleanup/bf92056b-bbb1-45b7-907a-ccd3f949213a
  10. "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Compress your OS drive" under Disk Cleanup: Hello, while I was conducting a disk cleanup I noticed a large amount of 10 GB under "Compress your OS Drive." After it was finished the 10 GB was still there. I have tried it several times and it just doesn't clean up. Any thoughts? [ATTACH]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is there a con to compress your os

2. in disk cleanup what is th compress options

3. can i delete compress your os drive

4. can i prrmanantly deldt compress your OS files?,
  5. can i delete the compress your os drive,
  6. the compress os drive keeps stopping