Windows 10: So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.

Discus and support So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SinCloro999 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SinCloro999, May 21, 2020.

1. So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.

/u/SinCloro999, May 21, 2020

2. System Image Problem

Bill,

Could you elaborate on the Nick's Data? I've already done a Sys Img to G: drive.
    What is a Belarc Advisor audit?

Rebooting now to see if drives stay the same.

--
    Nick

caddman6425, May 21, 2020
  3. System Image Problem

[table][tr][td]Version[/td] [td]Date[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.05[/td] [td]8/03/2009[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5.08[/td] [td]7/21/2009[/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, May 21, 2020
  4. fdegrove Win User

So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.

System Image Problem

Hi Nick,

No need to stress.
    Since the dl of the windows install media failed twice in a row already we are going to do as Bill suggests.
    No use wasting another day on it at this point.

Here is a description of the steps to follow:

- Connect the external drive that contains the Macrium images we made.

-Boot off of the Macrium rescue CD. Make the necessary changes in bios so booting from CD is the highest on the boot order priority list or use the machine's bootmenu (Fn key ? ) to select to boot off of CD.

- From within Macrium select restore. Browse for image 0_SysRes etc. and load it in Macrium.

- Select the drive to restore to: your c: drive. Make sure it is the correct drive. Only one internal drive should be connected at this point.

-Drag and drop the loaded backup image to the beginning of the C:\ partition. It must be fully at the left of the partition.

- Click restore and confirm.

- Once it has finished close Macrium. It will automatically reboot.

-Boot again off of the CD.

-Macrium loads and select restore again.

-Browse for and select 1_Windows from the backup drive. Select the same destination drive and drag and drop it right next to the small partition we just restored. Click restore, confirm the overwrite and let it finish.

-Again close Macrium and reboot once more off of the cd.

-In Macrium on the top left hand side there a menu option that reads something along these lines (I'll load it in a few minutes to verify and correct if necessary) : "Fix Windows boot problems".
    Click it.

-Let it finish and reboot off the main hard drive this time.

- Cross your fingers and hopefully Windows will start up.

I suggest not doing this immediately. I hope Bill will have a look at the suggested steps and correct any if need be.

Best, *Wink

fdegrove, May 21, 2020
Thema:

So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem.

1. So this happened and the system restore and image recover dont help fix the problem. - Similar Threads - happened system restore

2. System Image Restoration Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Restoration Problem: I've got a new computer win11 and a new external hard drive. I wanted to verify that I could restore a system image, so I created an image and attempted to restore it. I've always had windows home, and I've never used bitlocker, so I failed the image restore. The error...
  3. System Image Restoration Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Restoration Problem: I've got a new computer win11 and a new external hard drive. I wanted to verify that I could restore a system image, so I created an image and attempted to restore it. I've always had windows home, and I've never used bitlocker, so I failed the image restore. The error...
  4. Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restoring System Image When System Image Restore Fails?: Hi guys, Bear with me on this little odyssey. It's a bit of a ramble, and more just me moaning than asking an actual question, but if anyone can help me figure out where I was going wrong I can sleep a bit easier. I was working on a project to deploy a custom Windows image...
  5. System restore and system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  6. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  7. Windows 10 system image restore problem

Windows 10 system image restore problem: I have a system image on a 2TB externat drive. I need to restore it to my computer. The system sees the drive and in the command prompt can access the system image folder but the "system image restore" in the Troubleshooter on either a USB drive or the "system repair disk" or...
  8. System Image Restore Problem

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Restore Problem: Hi everyone, I really need some help. I backed up my system using a system image about a month ago. Then just recently my system kept freezing. I went to reinstall windows and it kept crashing and therefore had no operating system on. So so I then used my windows 10...
  9. Recover System Image

Recover System Image: Hello, I am having trouble recovering a system image. I created a system image on a USB flash drive following these steps that someone posted on these forums. - create a directory on your USB drive - right-click the directory and choose "Share with", "Specific people" -...
  10. System Image not Restoring.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image not Restoring.: Hi guys, so i reset my Toshiba laptop to its original factory settings and it came with windows 10 home. Then i had to clean install the windows on my laptop again because i was having some trouble with the touchpad drivers, so i wiped C. drive fully and installed window 10...