Windows 10: So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10

Discus and support So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So to start it off I am a windows 7 user and I want to upgrade to windows 10 (And I am sorry if this thread sounds stupid) I am going to buy a mid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGreatTrashBin, Dec 1, 2019.

1. So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10

So to start it off I am a windows 7 user and I want to upgrade to windows 10 (And I am sorry if this thread sounds stupid)

I am going to buy a mid range windows 10 64 bit pc for Christmas

But the main pc is also 64 bit compatible and I can upgrade to windows 10 using media creation tool (And I dont know how to do that)

But the problem is that I dont think this pc is that powerful its from 2009.

So what should I do?

submitted by /u/TheGreatTrashBin
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGreatTrashBin, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10

1. So uhhh I need help with upgrading windows 10 - Similar Threads - uhhh need help

2. Need help with upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help with upgrading to windows 10: About a week ago i bought a dell xps 8700 with a i7 4790 and a nvidia gt 720 running on windows 7, i wiped the pc and the proceeded to try to use windows media creation tool to start upgrading but i continually get error 0x80072fF8F-0x20000, i have installed all the windows...
  3. Need help with upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with upgrading to windows 10: About a week ago i bought a dell xps 8700 with a i7 4790 and a nvidia gt 720 running on windows 7, i wiped the pc and the proceeded to try to use windows media creation tool to start upgrading but i continually get error 0x80072fF8F-0x20000, i have installed all the windows...
  4. Need help with upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. So uhhh, yea.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So uhhh, yea.: In the process of upgrading motherboard, video card and power supply. I had an issue with my motherboard and I had to return it. Idiot me uninstalled everything from the device but my M.2 ssd drive. This drive had my boot media on it. So my question is… downloading the boot...
  6. So uhhh, yea.

So uhhh, yea.: In the process of upgrading motherboard, video card and power supply. I had an issue with my motherboard and I had to return it. Idiot me uninstalled everything from the device but my M.2 ssd drive. This drive had my boot media on it. So my question is… downloading the boot...
  7. Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support,Can I talk to someone regarding how to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?Thanks,Akhil Paluri https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-upgrading-to-windows-10/4d63ac13-a29e-4889-8086-267ca5449be4
  8. Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10

Need Help in Upgrading to Windows 10: Hi Microsoft Support,Can I talk to someone regarding how to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10?Thanks,Akhil Paluri https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-in-upgrading-to-windows-10/4d63ac13-a29e-4889-8086-267ca5449be4
  9. So I installed Windows 10 twice... (Need help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So I installed Windows 10 twice... (Need help): Disclaimer(most of the images are in spanish since my OS is in spanish) Here's the deal: Got ransomware three days ago and decided to call it quits and format my PC, I followed a tutorial about installing windows 10 with a boot usb and everything went fine. But I quickly...
  10. I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need to ReInstall Windows 10 but it was an upgrade, Help?: Need to ReInstall Windows 10 home 64-bit, Please help methods? I have Windows 10 Home 64bit and need to reinstall it, not clean install, and I no disc or product or license for it. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 back when doing so was 100% free, so I do have a...