Windows 10: So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10.

Discus and support So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am getting a new error when I try to activate my key that I finally found I get error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ace32x, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Ace32x Win User

So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10.

I am getting a new error when I try to activate my key that I finally found I get error 0xC004E003: The Software Licensing Service reported that license evaluation failed. I'm trying to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

:)

Ace32x, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Aug 5, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. So update on trying to upgrade to Windows 10. - Similar Threads - update trying upgrade

2. so i upgraded to windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so i upgraded to windows 10: fucking annoying popups everywhere, why do i keep getting popups i need to renew my anti virus license this pc is brandnew, mcafee, norton total av all sending me popups every 5 seconds. how do i turn this shit off, submitted by /u/Normandy_sr3 [link] [comments]...
  3. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade Windows 10: Hello I have bought a 256GB HP laptop and I am receiving messages that I need to update Windows 10 as the version I am running will no longer be supported. When I try and run the update it tells me that I need more storage and I cannot clear the space as I have 230GB...
  4. Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.

Update issues Ok, I tried to upgrade Windows 10.: When I checked the computer many hours later, the computer said error, and it should start over. But when I did, he just said that I should start over. However, I can open the CMD, so I wonder if there is any command to open the desktop with? Or any other command, so you can...
  5. Trying to upgrade Windows 10

Trying to upgrade Windows 10: I've been trying to use the Windows Upgrade in Windows 10, but each time I try it it goes through much of the motions for hours, and after several restarts and a screen that shows 50% - I then get a screen that shows a problem with the download/install - but it does not state...
  6. Trying to upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Trying to upgrade to windows 10: I started the update which had been downloaded from my reserve copy via Windows. After about 15 minutes, I came back into the room and the computer was off... I tried to restart...the light came on, but the screen remained black. I have let it sit for over 20 min. now, and...
  7. Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Disaster trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi I attempted to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last night and when I got up this morning my laptop is stuck on a DOS window with a message that the operating system cannot be found. *Sad Any advice? [img] 56987
  8. Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying unsuccessfully to upgrade to Windows 10: Hi- I have been trying unsuccessfully to upgrade my Win 8.1 desktop to Win 10 despite all the help on your excellent tutorials. The PC was originally Win 8 and has SSD for drive C: When I originally set it up I moved the user folders to HDD Drive I: using the Sysprep as...
  9. Trying to upgrade to Windows 10

Trying to upgrade to Windows 10: Ok needing some help here's whats going on. I have a windows 8.1 bing laptop I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 for free which I can still do windows support said its still possible since my windows 8.1 bing was already active. So here's the problem. My laptop is a hp stream...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade good so far

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 upgrade good so far: Well I decided to post how my Windows 10 upgrade went because I felt like I was among the group that was left out from getting anywhere with the upgrade lol. First of all I was like many here who had Windows 10 reserved on this PC but never received the $Windows~BT folder or...