Windows 10: So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

Discus and support So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all) in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Greetings, I've been playing with the new Edge. Available for all via download -- https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge I have a low end Mini PC... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by The Pool Man, Jan 17, 2020.

1. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

Greetings,

I've been playing with the new Edge. Available for all via download --

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge

I have a low end Mini PC (Pentium) and any performance improvements with the browser will DEFINITELY be noticed. (Firefox takes 15 seconds to load 4 tabs I have ready for boot.)

At first Edge seemed much faster. It appeared to show the same tabs ready and willing in like 8 seconds. But... if you then click on one of those tabs -- only then does it ACTUALLY lode the site... which takes a few seconds. So I feel it's almost the same speed despite appearances.

I compared RAM usage to Firefox and it's identical.

I wasn't impressed with the available extensions. The entire browser game is extensions at this point. But I feel it's a good start and I love that MS actually hired a graphic designer for the icon.

But what are YOUR THOUGHTS?

:)

The Pool Man, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Sharyn698 Win User

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arul_D, Jan 17, 2020
  4. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to Customize News Feed in Microsoft Edge Browser and check if this helps:

• Open Microsoft Edge Browser and click “Customise” (above top sites on the right side).
    • Select Top sites and my news feed, select your language and choose your favorite topics.
    • After selecting your favorite topics, now click Save. That’s it. Now you can see your favorite news on Microsoft Edge home.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all)

1. So what do you think of the new Edge Browser (avail for all) - Similar Threads - Edge Browser avail

2. What do you think of these recommended apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think of these recommended apps?: I've taken the recommendations I've collected from several articles and forums across the internets and submitted them to various websites for reactions. As is typical for the internet, not everyone agrees. Below is the current state of the list. Do you have any experience...
  3. Changes coming to file Explorer. What do you all think ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changes coming to file Explorer. What do you all think ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KevinRuttoh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mcc9rp/changes_coming_to_file_explorer_what_do_you_all/
  4. Which browser do you think is the safest?

in Browsers and Email
    Which browser do you think is the safest?: Hi! I use Google Chrome browser. Is that the safest browser - do you know? Or are there safer ones? Thanks! 163281
  5. What are your thougts on the new Edge browser..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What are your thougts on the new Edge browser..: I want to switch to the new Edge browser, because it's stable right now.. but i don't know i'm using 3 extensions on Chrome (HTTPS Everywhere, Decentraleyes and uBlock origin) and the new Edge is (Chromium-based) but if Google is planning to destroy adblockers with there new...
  6. What do you think of the hardware?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What do you think of the hardware?: HI! I started this thread is this a good deal - Windows 10 Forums but I think it is here better First what do you think of the harsware I got this laptop MSI GT83VR 7RF-206 Titan SLI - Notebookcheck.net External Reviews with the price 2800$ is this a good price for this...
  7. What do you think about ZHPCleaner?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What do you think about ZHPCleaner?: ZHPCleaner is another free French program for cleaning PUPs/Adware from your system. I usually run it alongside RKILL, MBAM. AdwClenaner, JRT, etc for having a different opinion. It seems to do a more thorough registry search than the others. Sometimes it points out leftover...
  8. What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?

in Browsers and Email
    What do you guys think of the "Browser War" between Edge and Opera?: I'm sure that a lot of you guys heard about the study conducted over battery life on PCs that use different browsers contently. According to Microsoft, Edge outperformed all the other browsers in terms of battery conservation. Opera's creators struck back with their own study...
  9. What do you think Of Cortana so far ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do you think Of Cortana so far ?: Hi I hope Microsoft will have some updates to download to in prove Cortana on some of the stuffed I asked I would not open and send me on the Internet. I ask Cortana to open Device manager it wouldn't open it. Thank you 17867
  10. So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?

in Windows 10 Support
    So far, what do you who've used Win 10 think of it?: Just got the free upgrade notification for Win 10, but I'm wondering what beta testers have to say about it so far. Thanks, 6566